main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit DHC: February 2013 - first looks

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    See, I hope the exact opposite. I let out an audible groan when I first read that the ridiculously overplayed fanboy favorite Fett was going to be in this series, and another when he beat up Cross in issue one. But if the arc ends with Cross smashing the hell out of Fett's armor with his bare fists, all will be well in my world.

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Meh, just because Lucas did something stupid doesn't mean everyone else should run with it:p

Though I have come to enjoy the fact that he was taken out in such a humiliating fashion, as it does lend some credence to why he would hate Han Solo, and there's always something enjoyable in taking Mandalorians down a notch. I'm no Fett fan, but I do like to think the whole "best bounty hunter in the galaxy" thing isn't just bar talk... plus the dude has been shown to disarm a Jedi master (Kota) in hand-to-hand, so he can't be that terrible.

Still, among all of the bounty hunters, Bossk has it the worst,

Hmm, haven't read anything past the first arc, so I had no idea he has already been introduced.

I do want to point out, though, that it's not really Fett I give two craps about, I'm just not a huge fan of the trope in general. It's similar in a lot of ways to Starkiller kicking Vader's ass. Not to imply that certain things should be untouchable- it's all in the execution, and I have no idea how it's executed here, so I can't really make any specific comments on it.

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    [face_plain]

4. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    No Omnibus for April? Or is it possible that it's announced later?

5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Wow, that second Star Wars series comic cover is magnificent. I'm buying that series for the covers alone if nothing else, and I'm hoping the writing will be good too of course (and rest sound quite interesting as well too). And glad they kept that cover for the last KE trade paperback, although that last arc had plenty of awesome covers.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Possible it might still be in the full solicits, or there isn't one I guess.

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    It's interesting that series like Brian Wood's Star Wars will be the kind of current EU to best least effected by the announcement of the Sequel Trilogy.

Another thought. If the Sequel Trilogy does in fact take place thirty years after Endor (as Lucas has said before, though Lord knows that man changes his mind like most of us change our underwear), could a future Disney controlled EU comic line be used to "fill in the gaps" for the years between ROTJ and the ST?

--Adm. Nick