main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What vehicles do you want to see in episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Nov 3, 2012.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Since episode 7 is most likely going to be set after ROTJ, I'm expecting the return of the X-Wing, Y-Wing, Star Destroyer and TIE Fighter.

I'd like to see the Mon Calamari Cruiser again with Admiral Ackbar leading an assault, and I'd like to see the B-Wing more. And maybe if Boba Fett's in the movie then maybe Slave III? Not just a new paint job, but an upgrade version of Slave II.
    I'd also like to see famous ships like the Millennium Falcon return of course, and even the Tantive IV since it may have never been destroyed.

Also do you want to see vehicles from the PT return? There are some that would be quite cool to see back in the action.

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The X-Wing needs as glorious return!

3. Tarzimp

Tarzimp Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 1999
    More than any one style of vehicle returning(although seeing the classics again would be awesome) I want to see a return to the used universe style of vehicle design. Things in the OT look rugged and used when we see them on film. Made the vehicles seem much more interesting than those designed with sleek lines and perfect exteriors.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  4. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Remember, the sleek designed ships were inspired by cars of the 50's...don't think you'll have to worry about that this time around.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If Fett is in it Slave I should be as well.

6. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005
    The film should open with a squadron of X-wings battling bounty hunters!

7. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    That would be so awesome.

How about an upgrade version of AT-AT and AT-ST

8. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    You know there has to be a speeder bike somewhere too!

9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It would feel wrong if we didn't have some variation of Star Destroyer. I've become quite fond of the image of Clone Wars Jedi on the bridge of their cruisers.

10. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Capital ships tend to have long life spans... it would make sense to have a blend of ship types in the New Republic... many of which should be Star Destroyers.

12. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    I want to see the return of the X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Star Destroyer, and Millennium Falcon.

13. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I bet they open with a star destroyer chaseing a small ship like in ANH, but then reverse the roles and have the destroyer be a Republic ship, and the small ship be the baddie.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Millennium Falcon,

That is all.

15. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Obviously would love to see most of the OT vehicles back but also really looking forward to see new fighters, ships and walkers - all as close as possible to the clunky OT vibe (this goes for the costumes too as well actually - especially if they take as much inspiration from ESB as possible.

16. Cyrax86

Cyrax86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2009
    The Rebel Medium Transport.

17. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Would like to see an old even more battered Falcon passed on to the possible Solo/Skywalker kids. More problems with it than ever but that she still has it where and when it counts.

18. Tibanna Gas Mine

Tibanna Gas Mine Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    It would be great to see someone inside the cockpit of the Falcon again, and assuming in 3d* too, right? Wow. I'm also all for the "used universe" look. Here's someone's interesting take on the designs from the OT: http://essenmitsosse.de/the-designs-of-star-wars/

*Good 3d, not the crappy converted type (so wanting Avatar and Hugo quality)

19. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    i'd like to see an all-original ensemble. all those 'oh look it's the (whatever) from the ot' spots in the pt just seem cheesy and pandering

20. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    I hope they hire the designs from KOTOR and TOR to design the ships for the ST.

90% of all the ships in the prequels are UGLY!

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Land vehicles with wheels instead of legs. Or hovercraft. Some sort of sign that the galactic military learned from past mistakes.

22. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Millenium Falcon (a given)
    Stealth X's
    The Jade Shadow
    The Lady Luck

Amphimachus likes this.
  23. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    I'd like to see returns of the classics, but also some next-gen vehicles introduced. I mean, sure technology in the SW Uni moves slowly, but still. Lets see an X-wing 2.0 introduced at some point in the trilogy.

24. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    +1

25. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Stealth X isn't one I'd like to see, the XJ model X-wing would be nice though.