main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Official Sequel Trilogy - Let the Wild Speculation Begin!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Merkurian , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Not seeing a thread about the look of the film so going to post here. Personally I hope that we see a return to the OT look, especially regarding costumes and vehicles. More jumpsuits and jackets, etc than the robes of the prequels.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Here are four things that they need to keep away from.

No more droid armies.
    No cutesy space bears and rabbits of any kind.
    No more DEATH STARS.
    And no Sith rising from their graves.

Angel Eyes and InterestingLurker like this.
  3. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    1. Cooler droids mixed with living soldiers would be okay I guess. But yeah I'd prefer no more large droid armies.
    2. Depends on how it's handled. I feel like Return of the Jedi works because there is strong levity with what's going on on the Death Star, the Ewoks almost anchor it.
    3. Agree 100%
    4. I mostly agree. Sith ghosts ect. takes away from the idea that Sith can never find spiritual immortality because of their attachments to the life and their greed.It'd have to be a hell of a conceit for me to change my mind on that.

4. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    Haven't posted on here in years, but too excited not to contribute something to the great discussion going on...
    I wonder if the issue of force ghosts will be addressed in Episode 7? We never saw the Qui-Gon scene that was in the ROTS novel, and how Darth Vader/Anakin learnt to become a force ghost has never been explained. Maybe George was intentionally keeping stuff back with episode 7 in mind?

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope Alflonso Cuaron is not the director. Harry and the Prisoner of Azkaban is one of the worst Potter movies for me. He changes it so much from SS/COS. Some important elements from the book were left out in favor of non-book stuff.

I do like the sound of a female Skywalker lead

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    You can quote them and they will recieve an alert that you've done so. Yes, merging makes it a little bit of a mess in the thread, but having 10 threads talking about the same things makes the whole place a mess. :(

I would like that as well, though more that stuff is done live instead of CG. Of course some is needed, but the constant reliance on it annoys me. As for costumes, there were some beautiful costumes in the PT, but I do like the over all asthetic of the OT.

TreborSabreon and FinleySlade like this.
  7. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    The only reason to have a force ghost is to mentor his surviving apprentice. By this point in the story (presumably 30 years later) Luke should need no further guidance. Force ghost Luke i could see, however. Anything else would just seem tacked on IMO. It would serve no logical purpose to the telling of the story other than to be "precious". We've already had enough of that with the PT ala Chewbaca, C3PO built by Anakin, etc.

Just a focused, fun narrative but with spiritual, philosophical and dare I say it, religious underpinnings similar to Empire. Told by film makers who understand what was so special about the OT and want to tell a logical progression of the story.

P.S. No "Jedi Rocks" please? ;)

epithree likes this.
  8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    SuperShadow is back full time, he's claiming that Lucas's vote in the US election will decide it because of the new movies.

9. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Pretty sure one vote isn't going to determiner California, but hey it SS we're talking about here so it MUST be true.

10. Darthgoodguy

Nov 2, 2012
    Huh, I never knew that! I only hope the new script writer and director are chosen in part due to their love of the classic movies. C'mon Kathlene Kennedy!!!

11. Darthgoodguy

Nov 2, 2012
    Cool! When did that happen?!

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Actually, a lot of people, myself included, consider POA to be the better of the Harry Potter movies. The first two were so wooden, annoying and repetitive. Alfonso would make a great Star Wars movie, because though he cut a lot from the book to Harry Potter, he made it feel more like Harry Potter than the other two. He knows how to get the setting right.

Still think Joss Whedon would be the best choice, but with the Avengers 2 coming out.. maybe he could write Episode VII.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If Alflonso becomes director I will give him a chance but my expectations aren't that high.

14. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I appreciate what Kurtz did for the OT, but the reasoning many people use in praising him is somewhat fallacious. It's impossible to know what "might have been". Perhaps his ideas would have made the movies worse, it's impossible to tell. Also, if he is the real genius of SW, why has he not done anything noteworthy since (Slipstream anyone?)? It seems to me that Kurtz is benefiting from the ire that is generally directed at Lucas.

It will be interesting to see the reactions in 2015. If the movie stinks it will be considered Lucas's fault; if its good he will get little or no credit in the minds of many people.

15. IsoBanValian

IsoBanValian Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2004
    Oh don't worry..he will jump at it.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I'd be surprised if he said no, after all, he did play the voice of Luke in two of the Star Wars radio two of the Star Wars radio dramas.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  17. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    I like to see Mark Hamill return to SW universe.

18. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I want to see R2 in the prequels:

[​IMG]

But no Vong with their philosophy on pain:

[​IMG]

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Regarding getting The Big Three back, I don't think Fisher and Ford would work well in it for some reason, but I also have doubts about them wanting to be in it anyway. But I agree with others who think it would be very cool to have Hamill back to play an older Luke, even if it's just for a few scenes. So to do that, you would not be able to have the Han and Leia characters in it, because having new actors portray them while having Hamill play Luke would just not work. So maybe the opening scroll and/or some conversations we hear could give us a quick catching up on their stories (got married, bought a house by a lake on Naboo, had some kids, etc.... haha).

I think my initial shock at this announcement is starting to wear off, and I may even be moving into a phase of "cautious enthusiasm"... even regarding the plan to make new movies.

20. pillowpants

pillowpants Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    You should be enthusiastic now! Goodness knows you could be living with disappointment from 2015 until 2019 get in any and all enthusiasm now!

21. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah I mean the cynicism in this place used to bum me out. It's Star Wars.

22. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn... best use of a Droideka as an enemy ever. It's awesome.

Mara: "How did the Jedi at the time deal with them?"
    Luke: "Mostly they just ran away."

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  23. CConn

CConn Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    The place I think your logic is questionable is the concept that mere story/editing choices are the defining attribute of a direct it's ability.

It's about much, much more than that. It's about their cinematic eye, their story pacing, the performances they coax out of their cast, their subtlety and subtext that hey interject into the larger story they're adapting.

When I think of Cauron, I think of his incredible 16-minute continuous shot from Children of Men, I think of the more sophisticated yet still whimsical tone he interjected into his Harry Potter movie, and the general ingenuity and originality that he's brought to all of his films thus far.

24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Okay, you'll need an open mind -but hear me out... :cool:

I have been reading all the threads about the sequel trilogy (some great ideas -some not so great) and a thought dawned on me...

*Firstly (just so you know where I stand) I don't like the prequels at all. In fact I just pretend they don't exist. No need for me to go into it*

Now back on track... Why not set the new trilogy at the same time as the originals?? They don't need to have Luke,Leia or Han in them. They can just be characters that are mentioned in passing (like The Emperor in A New Hope)

You could have 1 film set before A New Hope, 1 set between A New Hope and Empire and 1 between Empire and Jedi (or 2 between Hope) ...whatever you like!

Because let's be honest, that is the time period that is the most exciting!

Characters that ARE possible-

The Emperor! Just use him sparingly and make him (Ian) look EXACTLY like he did in Jedi.

Vader!! Use this guy!! He's what EVERYONE wanted to see in the prequels. Any guy in the suit will do! James Earl Jones to voice!

Vaders apprentice??? Maybe/Why not? Sam Wit...um...er...forget his name haha

Boba Fett! Once again -it can be anyone in the suit!

Yoda! If need be... Just use the ORIGINAL puppet.

Dash?? He could have a part in them somewhere...

Stormtroopers! Yes! AT-AT's! All the lovely craft from the originals...

The Red Royal Guards! (Make them more front and centre)

Rebels!! X-wings!

IG-88! Why not?

Jabba the Hutt!! Why not?

And as far as a new cast...whoever!

Make the story in this era with the events of the originals in "the background" ...different planets, different storyline, different good guys! I mean -there were obviously OTHER things happening at the same time (It's a big galaxy)

What do you think?? Thoughts?? I think it would be incredible! Half the problem I had with the Prequels was that they didn't FEEL like Star Wars films. And in part I think that was because the Empire and the Rebellion were not in the films (Fair enough -different timeline) but here is a way that we could see Vader again...and properly!! I fail to see how any NEW films set in a future timeline of these films could be as good/better. Then again, it's hard to improve on perfection!:D

25. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012