main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.6 - The Gathering - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    This was like Padawan Aesop Fables. And it's another micro-series story that TCW takes (and another it didn't surpass).

But overall it was better than Onderon, though I almost feel like it could've been two episodes, because the kids did get over their weaknesses so fast. And the kids really are just a bunch of mini-versions of other characters, in behavior and in looks. Of course they had to have a tech kid. Of course the most alien-looking one is the coward. lol

I'm curious if these kids will relate to the war in any way. Besides the "we need Jedi" thing that they represent.

And Ahsoka was SO BORING. She's so calm and by-the-book these days that she's pretty much a Jedi Master. At least when she was an annoying smart aleck there was something to talk about, now she's just dull.

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That was an interesting episode. The kids weren't annoying and the animation was superb. Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the arc.

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Please all wookies are awesome.

rumsmuggler and Darth Vader like this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    only Chewie and Gunji, maybe Tarful

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    No, all Wookiees. Especially members of Chewbacca's immediate and extended family, including Itchy, Malla, Lumpy, Lowie, Kalla, et al.

6. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

edit

Wookies are beasts. they rip off your arms because of lost tablegames.. bad loosers! not cute! [face_not_talking]

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, considering that i have no idea who those Wookies are

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Chewie's dad, wife, son, nephew, and sister, respectively. Plus, Lowie is a Jedi.

Or, you can go find out for yourself on this fancy encyclopedic website called, you guessed it, Wookieepedia!

9. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Expanded Universe a bit to much expanded. How shall poor chewie feed all those hungry mouths with his lil smuggler income?

Technically he is Hans Slave!

SLAVE! :(

10. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Not true! Chewie willingly pledged his life to Han for saving him. The Wookiee life debt is serious business. Imagine if they do that with Gungi.

DM99 likes this.
  11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Cute episode- this is one of the more child friendly episodes of the show. Felt bit like a filler though.
    +Nice to see Ilum- pretty much like it used to be
    +Jedi younglings were cute- especially that wookiee and ithorian[face_love] .
    +When beam of light melt down the ice- that was cool animation!

-It was not told why Ahsoka is there(?)
    -Their decision not to show these episodes as movie separated from the rest of the show- this would've worked that way as well.
    -Breath did vapor only few times while there is supposedly cold and all crystals looked like they were blue.... also they didn't have gloves and they even touched the ice many times over.... jedi can't afford gloves? Little things yet bit disappointing they still do things like that while animation looks otherwise excellent

Female tholothians seem to have force-sensitivity very often but there is kind of continuity there....

12. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    i would also say that to comfort my self in such a situation. The only way for chewie to survive in the empire without beeing caught by imperial maniacs o Trandos, is to have a human "master" Boss like Han.... Thats the truth,,,:(

edit

trandos make me remember another thread

13. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Wait... an episode geared towards children that stars Ahsoka and a group of little kids that is receiving unanimously positive reviews?

I have to see this ASAP

fistofan1, Barriss_Coffee and DM99 like this.
  14. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    to be the kidnapped princess peech so the jedi kidz can save her in a jump n run like mario. (Pedro).... :rolleyes:

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    All Gunji has to do is rip off their arms :p

DM99 likes this.
  16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    This episode reminds me why The Clone Wars is better than the micro-series.

I'd give this a 10/10.

AkashKedavra_93 and cwustudent like this.
  17. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Gunji is donkey kong. This episode was clearly bought by Nintendo.

Lucas selling his last shirts

18. Brisi_Wine

Brisi_Wine Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2009
    Long time away, I've been far on the outer rim for years. What struck me in this episode is how Luke got his crystal....I imagine the spirit of Kenobi guided him to Ilum to get it. Also, how do the Sith get their lightsabers? It seems quite easy for them to come across them.

I also want to mention how this show has veered away from featuring other members of the Jedi council. I loved the episode "Lair of Grievous" simply because it featured Kit Fisto. We've gotten Adi Gallia this season, but where's my Saesee Tiin? Where's my Ki Adi? We get plenty of Plo Koon (not complaining) but I'd love the show to feature these other characters more. It seems to get rid of that more and more. And when are they going to kill of Eeth Koth?

May the force be with you all. Back to the war.

19. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Chewie better return or Cartoon Network Disney and Lucasfilm will fase consequences.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I think he should return and meet Yoda so we know how they knew each other in ROTS

Zabrak 2 and cwustudent like this.
  21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Just watched it, definitely enjoyed it. `

Now, I may be jumping the gun here being there's three more episodes this arc, but this makes me wonder if they're planning on utilizing these characters in the future. I think it would be a waste (and a morally reprehensible decision) to just have these kids brutally killed a year later by Anakin. Not to mention, they have an adult Ahsoka Tano model that they obviously had to put time and money into crafting, and I doubt they would just discard it after a ten second cameo in the Mortis arc. So, my theory is that there will be a Star Wars: Dark Times animated series which stars an adult Ahsoka, Lux, and older versions of the kids they introduced in this arc. The youngling who was selfish (I forget his name) would possibly become a Dark Jedi and be one of the villains of that series.

P.S. my favorite one was the Ithorian [face_laugh]

Seerow likes this.
  22. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I just watched the episode, and I have to say this has been my favorite episode this season. It really is nice seeing on the screen what the young jedi have to go through along their path to becoming full fledged Jedi. I look forward to the rest of this arc.

23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    You hate Theon Greyjoy? But... how can you hate him after what Ramsay did? I think Theon is pretty cool guy. He betrays the Starks and doesn't afraid of anything.

Now what was the topic again? Oh right. I also look forward to the rest of the arc.

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Because that was 5,000 years ago and the ancient jedi overused them.

In Kotor you are practically just tossing them away as soon as you get a slightly better one. Very wasteful.

More seriously, the various Sith-Jedi wars saw a lot of the planets that were sources of crystals either used up or reduced to molten slag.

Actually, that was the original pitch for the show. Well, that and some underworld elements - Ashoka was the student of Tera Sinube and they basically acted undercover to help curb the crime that was rising as a result of the Clone Wars and so many jedi being busy with that.

Lucas thought people would prefer a show with the movie characters and the war itself featured more directly, and so it was rewritten with Ashoka being Anakin's padawan instead....and the rest is history.

I still wonder where we would be today if they had stuck with the original premise.

Might be a show only fan. In which case, watch the spoilers!

25. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Good to know Yoda wasn't that big a fan of child endangerment. Also, the episode was laying it on a bit thick with "gotta use the magic and not technology" aesop along with the beginning with "selfish", but that wrapped up nicely.