main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

Do people even bother to read the posts they are responding to anymore?

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    San Hill
    Tikkes
    Darth Plagueis

3. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Point taken.

4. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I want chewie back..[face_praying]

5. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo and Anakin Solo.

6. Dark_Prince_Xani

Dark_Prince_Xani Jedi Knight

Mar 20, 2006
    A new temple with a new cast. Some of the Jedis' should be the decedents of all the favorite charaters from the past 6 movies.

7. Adamina

Adamina Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    I agree..I would love to see that.:D
    I want to see Luke, most definitely..in the teacher "Obi-Wan" like role..Ghost Anakin, and new characters too

8. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    Would love to see the droids and the Big Three at least make cameos. Luke is the only one I can imagine having much to do going forward, probably as a Jedi mentor / Force ghost to a new hero character.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    In a tribute to Ray Harryhausen, I want them to have the animated skeletons of Owen & Beru.

10. Jedi Werdna

Jedi Werdna Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2012
    I have always enjoyed reading about the EU characters in the novels/comics/what-have-you and I had always wanted and hoped that there would be a film adaptation that partook from the stories that I enjoyed reading about. Who would portray this character or that character in a film version of these stories? I had tons of ideas in my head. That being said, I would have to say that I now think new characters should be introduced in Episode VII to begin their stories for future films. There is no point in retelling the invention the wheel. Lets have fresh new original stories to tell. But, god, would I love to see SOME of the EU characters in the films, IMO. I have my own favorite characters in the EU, but I can't imagine they would elect NOT to include characters such as Mara Jade, Ben Skywalker, or any or all of the Solo children at some point in their lives. They are, after all, important figures in the lives of the OT core characters: Luke, Leia, Han. Anyway, that's my two cents.

11. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    THE PINK BLOBS

12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    From the O.T? Just luke, C3PO and R2D2!

13. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Ok dumb idea but what if Sifo-Dyas is in EP7? He set up the cloning and could have said "clone one of me with out the fast age". I don't know what Sifo-Dyas has done in EU. I hoped after AOTC we find out more about him. Maybe his clone returns. I hate the idea if clones but if its someone we never seen its better. I know it's a far idea. It would link the PT and a older wiser luke could like the OT.

14. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    Why does it always have to be clones? Star Wars is filled with long-lived species...

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  15. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    Cause he is dead in PT and by the new ones he be a old man. Really old

rumsmuggler and Lady_Misty like this.
  16. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    As much as I would like to have the great mystery of Sifo-Dyas explained, a clone of himself walking around with an older Luke in the same movie while Obi-Wan is long dead with the exception of his Force ghost would be a tad awkward, imho.

17. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    I think Obi Wan says that he was "under the impression" that Syfo Dyas had died more than ten years ago... doesn't make it true...

Lady_Misty likes this.
  18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It was revealed in the EU, after collaboration with Lucas, that Sifo-Dyas was a good Jedi Master... but he was easily manipulated by Darth Plagueis into ordering the Clone Army (under Plagueis's alter-ago, the businessman Hego Damask).

It was Darth Plagueis who thought of the Clone Army (his apprentice Palpatine had the idea of it being the Republic's army, and a trap for the Jedi). Plagueis funded the Clone Army. He simply tricking Sifo-Dyas into placing the order on behalf of the Republic (Plagueis told Sifo-Dyas that a war was coming, and the Republic shouldn't be caught by surprise).

After Sifo-Dyas placed the order, Palpatine had Dooku kill him.

(I think this is yet another good reason for Plagueis to be the villain of the Sequel Trilogy... for it to be revealed that Palpatine only thought he killed him... that Plagueis did learn how to stop himself from dying, just as he learned how to stop others from dying)

19. Jair Crawford

Nov 3, 2012
    Wow... I REALLY need to read this Plagueis book...

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Sifo Dyas, yes, he got the props...

fishtailsam and FirstStarWars like this.
  21. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005

The question then is... where was Plagueis between Attack of the Clones and Reutrn of the Jedi (the Plagueis book also reveals that he's still alive as The Phantom Menace begins.)

22. Jair Crawford

Nov 3, 2012
    As cool as that sounds, I can't help but feel like that would undermine the conclusion of ROTJ somewhat. I mean its better than Palpy coming back, but it would ruin the whole wow factor of the resolution of ROTJ and Anakins redemption a bit.

I guess I'm just a stickler about that. lol

23. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    Would Lucas or whoever fool the EU closely? Lucas never care much if he stayed true to EU

24. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    This book sounds dumb. I thought Palptaine's master was dead long before TPM.

25. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    Unless Plagueis return is in a weakened state and he's kind of a sub-par bad guy.... Impish even..... more of a trouble maker than anything else. So for example he kept himself from dying (or remaining dead) but its not an exact science... and so he's alive... maybe even immortal... but immortality proves troublesome and not as glorious as he wanted.