main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph END OF LINE: TRON, Uprising, Legacy & Ares

Discussion in 'Community' started by edgejedi88, Jan 25, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I also like how Clu's palace looks like the I/O Towers of the original film, with those poles pointing slanted into the sky.

Also, can you summarize what happened before the opening titles/first commercial break? My recording opened with the light cycle chase over the chasm.

2. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Summary of previous episode
    Beck regains conciousness in the hideout and sees Tron racing toward Argon in his lightcycle
    Beck quickly catches up to Tron and they try to cut-off each other with the light trail from their bikes. Beck appears as though he is heading towards an obstacle which he is going to crash in to.
    Opening Titles.

Do we know yet whether these 18 episodes will be a contained series or if there is potential for more seasons?

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks.

I haven't seen anything mentioning a second season. But, IIRC, when they first announced this series, it was only going to be a 10 episode mini series. Obviously that changed, so who knows? Maybe they'll extend the series another season as they build towards Tron 3's production (or to have something to pair with Clone Wars if it moves to XD next season).

4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    But then this series will outshine TCW so much they might cancel it, so that wouldn't be good. :p

Been busy, but yeah, this two-parter was really good. I'm still not sure where this series is going. Back when they first announced it it seemed like it could have been a 13-part miniseries, showing Beck's rise (and possible fall, as its not like we see a fake Tron still around by the time of Legacy), Tron's activities between the coup and Legacy, Beck's friends, Paige, the revolution, but instead its mostly just been Beck and Tron... which is fine too, Boxleitner is still a great voice actor at least (he can do pissed really well).

Also glad that Beck stood up to Tron a lot this episode, and held his ground. He lost every fight, but he held his own pretty well too.

Still no idea how long this series is going to go, I mostly just rely on previews and they don't always show those (since something else often takes priority if the series is not on break either).

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's finally done! :D

6. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    An interesting video 2nd! Certainly a few things I had not picked up on.

The only thing I thought was a bit of a tenuous link was the Mickey Mouse silhouette created by the security camera in Legacy. Was that your thoughts or did you get that from somewhere else?

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That was my observation, though someone else has pointed out a more concrete hidden Mickey later ion the film when Sam grabs the gliding backpack. Still, the camera seemed a little too coincidental.

In other news, it seems Uprising's timeslot has changed again... to Sunday at Midnight. I can't help but think "uh oh". But then, I don't know how well DXD does around then. Maybe they're trying to target an older audience with the show now?

8. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    So episode 11 Grounded has aired, it was ok, not a particularly strong episode.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've gotta catch up on that one- I missed it during it's initial airing.

10. Remember Adwa

Remember Adwa Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2012
    So Grounded is a season 1 episode?

Not the season 2 debut?

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There's only one season of the show thus far- there've just been some long delays between episode chunks- like the late summer hiatus we got leading up to the most recent episodes and Scars.

There'll be 18 episodes in the first season.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Also, Uprising has recieved four Annie nominations: Best Animated Special production, Production Design in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production, Character Design in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production & Storyboarding in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production.

Tron Sequel Back on the Gird at Disney.

A new Tron is back in development at Disney.

The sequel to the 2010 reboot Tron: Legacy — called Tron 3 in some quarters — is moving a step forward with Disney in negotiations to hire Jesse Wigutow to pen the latest draft of the script.

Joseph Kosinski, who directed Legacy, is attached to helm this installment, which is being developed with a renewed purpose under Alan Horn, who took the reigns of Disney Studios in June.

Some considered the dark and trippy Legacy — which teamed newcomer Garrett Hedlund with Jeff Bridges, star of the 1982 original Tron — a lukewarm performer when it opened in December 2010. But the film grossed $400 million worldwide, good enough to spark interest in prolonging the franchise. With that foundation and a strong brand, Disney believes it can really go for broke with a new movie.

Plot details are being kept under wraps. David DiGilio wrote an earlier draft of the script. Justin Springer, a co-producer on Legacy, is producing Tron 3.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    YES! Please! More Tron is always a good thing. I kept thinking that Cillian Murphy's bit role in Legacy would be expanded upon or something in a sequel. I also hope they bring back Olivia Wilde.

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I am so happy to hear this. Legacy was cool and I want more. It cost 200 million ot make and marekt, it made 400 million worldwide. Good enough.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You also have to factor in a successful toy line, solid video profits and that it was an investment in re-establishing a franchise in general.

16. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I liked Legacy. And I say that as someone who's never seen the original Tron. Legacy was pretty and fun. And I appreciated that they didn't shoehorn in a romance between Quorra and Sam.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I liked that they built the foundation for a romance without delving into it just yet. Depending on how they want to play it in the sequels, going just by Legacy's playful presentation, Sam and Quorra could have a romantic relationship or they could simply be digital siblings.

I have a feeling, though, that they'll pursue the romantic angle, as it is more heavily implied than the siblings route. Kevin's smile at the sight of the two of them chatting on the Solar Sailor would seem to support that (either that, or he was simply thinking back to his experiences with Yori).

18. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Well....I guess it fits here.

The new Test Track (aka TRON Track) has soft-opened at Epcot.

To put it bluntly: I hate it.

19. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I agree, and depending how well they work it in, I wouldn't mind a romance in sequels as they've already given the characters time to get to know each other and establish a relationship. I just thought it was refreshing to have a good looking young male lead and an extremely good looking young female lead and not hook them up at the end. Especially considering it's a Disney movie.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I actually like it quite a bit- the original Test Track's crash test dummy thing got really boring after the first time you rode it. It wasn't thrilling or fun or visually pleasing. It was just your vehicle doing minor turns inside an empty room filled with cardboard cutouts.

At least here it'll have the appeal of a dark ride with something better to look at- it certainly feels more like an Epcot or Tomorrow Land attraction.

Granted, it still doesn't look amazing, but then Test Track was never a great ride (at least proportionate to how long it's lines were).

21. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Glad to hear work on Tron 3 is probably starting up, especially with the hints on the Tron Legacy DVD/Blu-ray. It was a bit of a nice change not to have instant romance in Legacy, but then the movie was more about legacies, fathers and sons and such.

Wait, Uprising is on Sunday now? No wonder I never saw it when I checked the afternoon schedule. Ugh, no matter what the network, they just shove around the good series to random time slots, to make room for their normal junk. I still like Uprising somewhat, but with the long breaks, and not really a clear direction (yes, train the next Tron, fight the evil empire, etc.), hard to tell where its going.

Oh well, there's always the great animation at least.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I watched Grounded yesterday- that was actually a much better episode than I was expecting. The revelation towards the end wasn't unexpected but I think what really sold it to me was that single, lone, remaining spectator.

However, it makes me feel like this episode should have taken place much earlier in the series. The whole actual uprising right now consists of 2.5 programs that aren't Beck or Tron and maybe 2 others that have been "touched" by the Renegade's actions.

Additionally, I like the setup for forcing a confrontation between Beck and Tessler- but with very little in the way of resolutions, it feels like it was just a time filler battle. They're starting to get a little repetitive. They can only face each other so many times before something has to go down. Dig the upgrade, though- loved Beck's reaction to it, ha.

The exchange about pep talks was pretty funny too.

23. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Eh.To each his own. I personally was more into the whole GM Testing Facility with the rubber-tire smell, car parts, and open tool chests strewn about the lobby...but then again I'm a guy who finds climbing under the car to change the oil as relaxing as Zen meditation.

And I can't get enough of watching IIHS crash tests set to classical music.

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I contributed to the toys. Chakram shaped ID Discs are cool.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I nabbed a Kevin Flynn disc when I had the chance, since I knew they were rare and I thought it looked the coolest. I really wanted to pick up two Rinzlers too, but never got around to it. Now I know the Kevin Flynn one goes for a lot of money on ebay, and I cant imagine the Rinzlers aren't far behind. The Sam ones were everywhere, though. I'll probably grab one of those eventually.