main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    that pug is actually me on most days reacting to most stimuli that i encounter

tom, eht13 and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  2. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    So True

3. JarJarBiafra

JarJarBiafra Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    Whats all the fuss about?

4. Bran Kenobi

Bran Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    George Lucas 'very sad' about 'Star Wars' at Disney: 'I am a control freak'

Read the article here.

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    No surprise there.

6. mrdan5

mrdan5 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    Really? No offence, but to me that sounds awful. Would just be incredibly cheesy, and imo they already do a good job of subtly developing Vader's internal conflict without them having to spell it all out to us. With the prequels in mind it's easy enough to imagine what is going through Vader's mind at that point, and I feel that's where it's best left.

yodarulzall likes this.
  7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    There was a pretty good fanmade Youtube video that used that idea a while back. I liked it a lot, but I don't think I would have wanted it permanently added to ROTJ. When I search for it these days I can't find it, I just find somewhat inferior imitations.

8. Jedi Historian

Jedi Historian Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I too used to lurk daily and very infrequently post circa 97-05...there's no other word for what's going on here: what a joy. I think I can speak for most of us when I say I was entirely convinced Star Wars was done on the big screen--I figured I'd share the old and older films with my daughter, she's wonder what all the fuss was about, and go back to whatever was current. Now, Star Wars will be current--that's beyond exciting. I feel about 10 years old...

As for Episode VII, all you old, old fans likely recall the Marvel comics that continued after Jedi--I totally remember reading those stories with a bit of sadness, because I also remember Lucas saying in Time magazine or somewhere that Eps. VII-IX would likely never be made. It's like we've been granted our childhood wishes--just a little later than anticipated...

Can all of you imagine what the next Celebration will be like? I haven't attended since III in Indianapolis--but I'm going to the next one FOR SURE. They better rent out several arenas/convention centers...

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, sad but true.

Anyway... I think my initial shock at this announcement is starting to wear off, and I may even be moving into a phase of "cautious enthusiasm"... even regarding the plan to make new movies.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  12. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    So, who is already camping out?

13. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    We already got our tickets.

14. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    "I've made a big mistake."

15. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Good God man :oops:I'm worried about ole George. This all seems so very odd. I wonder if he is just flat out upset at being ripped to shreds over his recent work with Star Wars. Cant please everyone, so he's walking away from it. I feel bad for some reason! :_|

16. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    that was taken out of context, coruscant. he was actually referring to the prequels (and the special editions, and the new indiana jones)

17. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    Doesn't sound like he's going to be involved in the ST at all. I'd have thought he'd at least be a creative consultant or have some oversight.

18. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Actually, they already said GL is going to be a creative consultant. He wrote up the treatment that will be turned into a script the next few months.

19. CConn

CConn Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    You know what excites me most about Disney owning SW? That there will always be Star Wars movies now. Even if an awful one is made, there will always be a reboot or re-envisioning right around the corner.thats the one thing I always hated about Lucas' ownership; that Star Wars movies could ever be finite or reliant on purely one individual.

20. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I'm just glad to see new energy put into Star Wars. I really hope that sometime down the road they tackle some of the Old Republic/early Sith Lords kind of stuff. Could you imagine seeing Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd, or Darth Bane on the big screen? I'm thinking that it's a long shot, but that would be awesome...

21. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    Haven't been on this site since 3SA, glad to be back!

Darthsuggs likes this.
  22. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    It's shocking news, and sad in a way that George running around in his flannel shirt won't be soley in charge any more. It was always the vision and personal creation of one man, even if he did crazy stuff sometimes, there is a certain charm to that. Now some empty suits around a table will have be trying to figure out the profit margins...

On the other hand, with George consulting on the new movies, but not directing, maybe we'll get a more relaxed and natural flow to some of the scenes (no more whiney Episode 2 Anakin style stuff, please...). But I'm glad he's there with his treatment for the stories and working on the scripts. Star Wars has a very particular style and feel to it, and even though the prequels fall quite a bit short, there's still that familiar tone that runs through them, and hopefully with his being closely involved, that will remain the case.

At the same time, I can't help but be nervous with what Disney might do. Hopefully they won't turn it into some pc mess. But I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic. :)

Any maybe now we'll get fully restored DVD and Blu-ray sets of the unaltered (pre-SE) Star Wars trilogy. That would be a huge benefit. :)

wade-newb likes this.
  23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    :( This makes me sad for him. I hope he's not feeling bad because of the mean critics (and others) who seem to hate him so much. Poor guy! Reminds me of a grandma getting all set to bake cookies for her favorite grandchild only to find out, after using a new recipe, the child gets angry. Pretty soon the grandma stops baking cookies. :_|

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The kid is only angry because grandma hollered "Mesa baken yousa cookies! Yousa eat them now!", which probably freaked the kids out.

25. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    Due to the aftermath of Huricane Sandy, I've been holed up in an entire town without power or internet for 6 days. I just litteraly found out the news about Episode VII a few hours ago. This news brings happiness to me during this difficult crisis...

Grimby likes this.