main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Are the OT cast too old now?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhinyLuke, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Yes, let's be serious. You don't know what you're talking about.

2. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    If Ford is open to do another Indiana Jones, then certainly he would consider a cameo in EPVII.

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    A Star Wars film in 2015 starring Mark and Carrie would be an absolute train wreck.

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    He was into Jones at that time but lost interest in SW.

5. Valens-Pax

Valens-Pax Jedi Master

Sep 9, 2005
    I can't believe the attitudes of some you people. Look into the word "ageism" and take a hard look at yourselves.

As others have said, it all depends on how the story goes. Hamill has said more than once that Lucas mentioned having Luke take on the elder Jedi role in a sequel trilogy. Hamill is an excellent actor (voice acting IS acting, not to mention the work he did with Luke and other roles) and I think he should be in Episodes VII-IX. It's a little too predictable to have Master Skywalker die in Episode VII. If anything, I'd like to see him more in the Yoda role from the PT, guiding the next generation of Jedi.

As for Leia and Han, honestly, a cameo would be great, but I don't think they're critical. Ford wanted Solo to die in ROTS anyway and I don't think we're going to see Fisher pull off an elder Jedi role (unless she does nothing but talk) so I'd say just stick with "The New Hope" himself.

Obi-John Kenobi and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  6. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    As much as she joked about being in Episode 7 and 'being a Jedi' at CVI (wasn't there, watched a video), I don't know if Fisher would consider getting back into the 'hair buns' in a serious way. I can't really see her being a Jedi either. I CAN see her being Leia in the fiesty role and in limited capacity in her political role, but that's about it. Ford would be the big question mark. If he got killed off in 7 he MIGHT come back...but him reprising Solo in any way shape or form would just be a pleasant surprise.

Mark, on the other hand, is an amazing actor who still has a lot of enthusiasm for the role. if he was asked I'd be willing to bet he would come back in a heartbeat.

PS: Gosh could you imagine the possible behind-the-scenes footage if all 3 DID come back? The gag reel would be comedy gold. [face_laugh]

7. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I have to say....I thought I knew exitement when the news of the prequels rolled out.....but the prospect of seeing my childhood hero LUKE SKYWALKER back on the big screen,the excitement level is second to none!Imagine having the "big three" back,if even in one scene!:eek:)

Now,(with that out of the way) there's no reason to doubt that Hamill (and Fisher and Ford,to the extent that they are involved) will bring their "A Game".Ford honestly looks 20 years younger than his age,Fisher will probably be in a stately role,not running around with a blaster,and Hamill shouldn't have any problem as a seasoned Jedi Master.(Lest we forget Dooku & Palpatine's CGI aided skills at an advanced age)

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  8. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Ford looks 20 years younger than he is. The same can't be said of Hamill or Fisher. This isn't age discrimination, they (Mark and Carrie) are out of shape, and probably not up to task.

9. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I don't know,I think people are making a bit too much out of Mark's weight.I mean,he aint obese.lol With a little effort he could slim down some.
    And like I said,Carrie will likely not be seeing a lot of action.She'll probably be making speaches.(kind of a Leia staple in these films.)

10. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Yes they are to old, add to that Ford not liking Solo,and probably wouldn't be back anyway.

Look at this from a profitability stand point. Do you think people waiting for a sequel to ROTJ will want to see a bunch of old actors reprising their roles in small cameo appearances? If you aren't going to make them the main characters, then they shouldn't be in the film at all. Their age is another factor. Remember they're old now, how old will they be by Episode 9? It's a factor that could take a lot of people out of the movie.

Crystal Skull should be a perfect example. Everybody loves Ford, but a good many people realised that they don't want to see an old Indiana Jones. They just want to see Indiana Jones.

To me you either recast the roles or start fresh with new characters.

11. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Didn't Harrison Ford say he was done with star war flims?

12. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    I wouldn't totally rule out Ford appearing in the ST.

His previous resistance for reprising his role as Han Solo stems from the fact that he felt Han had no family and was an expendable character hence his reason for wanting to be killed off during the production of ROTJ.

Alot could happen in to Han's character in 30 plus years including having a family assuming he married Leia and had children and also this could be his second chance of having Han killed off in a blaze of glory.

Also Ford is good friends with Kathleen Kennedy so he migh be persuaded to return for a small if it's well written.

Merlin_Ambrosius69 likes this.
  13. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Everything is speculation. We don't even know if the ST will be during Han Solo's time period.

14. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
  15. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Ford has said before that he didnt care for the role and find Han boring to play. But the way his movies are going lately I don't rule it out now days

16. IsoBanValian

IsoBanValian Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2004
    I think the most compelling reason to rule him out is simple: his presence in the movie might just be too heavy. Its the same reason they couldn't put Shatner in the Star Trek reboot.

But also, Ford really hasn't been that kind to Star Wars.

JainaSoloYJK and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  17. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    Well even though I think it is very unlikely that Harrison Ford will return for the ST. But you never know what will happen so I still think there is a small chance that he will come back.

18. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jul 17, 2006
    And to ad to the speculation, I highly doubt the next trilogy is going beyond Luke, Han and Leia's time period.

19. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    He isn't ruled out, it's just speculation.

If Ford doesn't want a cameo, they could always have the ST begin with his military-honors funeral out in space, with a hologram of a young Han displayed at the memorial.

yodasbum likes this.
  21. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    If he does it, it will be small and cause Lucas asked

22. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Many times over.

23. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jul 17, 2006

Of course I wouldn't speculate anything more than a small role for Ford for the ST ala Samual Jackson's small role in TPM.

24. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Will the original trilogy trio be recast? Probably... but it depends a lot on what time frame they decide to set Episode VII as.

25. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Disagree... the story isn't likely to be about them so no need to recast those characters that aren't there.

Mark Hamill will most certainly be there. I'd be shocked if he wasn't.