main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Anyone here not exicted for Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Nov 3, 2012.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I see here, there is a lot of support here for episode 7, but i was wondering, is there anyone here who does not want a film set after ROTJ?

And if so, what is your reasoning?

Reason why im not very excited, is because i fear that post-ROTJ EU will be trampled upon, besides i don't need a new film on the continuing adventures of the Big 3, because i already know what happened to them, i don't need a new story to be told about them, that will replace the earlier version of their future.

I'm not against a new star wars film, since i think setting a film in say, the "Pre-Republic era", during the days of the early jedi would be pretty cool. After all, there is barley in EU set in that time, easy to make a film without contradicting previous canon.

Or perhaps a film set during the Old Republic Era, another era that is huge/vast. Already there is a pretty big fanbase of that era, when you add up the "Tales of the Jedi" comics, KoTOR 1, 2, ToR MMO, etc, so i think that would be a good marketing decision. And since this era goes on for a long time, there is plenty of room to make an original story without contradicting any of the EU listed above. And for those who enjoy seeing the Sith on screen, a film like this would have many Sith, since the Rule of Two doesn't exist yet.

2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Well, I'm excited, because, hey, sci-fi movie! And hey, Star Wars! But I am torn.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, but I actually cared so little that I couldn't be bothered to start a thread. I don't know how I had the excitement to even post this. Wait... what am I even doing in this forum...?

4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Don't think this is a film about the big 3, and Lucas has had Pablo Hidalgo doing research for the films (he specializes in Star Wars continuity), so I'm not expecting all of the EU to get trampled upon either.

Pro Scoundrel and Echo-07 like this.
  5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    At first I kinda wasn't because Disney was making it. But know I am!

6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Because i like posting and discussing star wars on a star wars forum?

7. Darth-Jedi-Master

Darth-Jedi-Master Jedi Master star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    I am on the fence. I think they're going to F it up.

8. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    I'm in the middle of the road until I see who is writting & directing. That along will sway me. But, yes. I will go see it.

9. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    They won't mess it up but it won't be the crazy kind if victory the series has been up to this point, it will be safe, predictable, in short, the movie audiences think they wanted in 1999.

LawJedi likes this.
  10. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    it all depends on the direction they go. I'm a star wars fan, but I don't lust any particular character of the Palpatine Saga. I'm a fan of the brand. Its like in sports when a team has a rebuilding phase. Well right now Star Wars should be looking for new talent to tell a new story in my favorite universe. The Palpatine Saga is 13hr long, most people can not even watch it in a day. The story in that 13hrs of footage does not need to be extended or tampered with. If Disney attempts to even play with anything in those 13hrs of story. I want touch this new movie. If they tell a new story and feature all new characters ill see the movie 5 times in theaters.

11. CConn

CConn Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    I kind of doubt that given both Disney's handling of the Avengers, and Kathleen Kennedy's skill as a producer.

Pro Scoundrel and Echo-07 like this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Initially I was disappointed that the franchise was not coming to a complete end like I hoped.

I got over it quickly.

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm curious to see what they come up with, but the excitement level isn't quite the same as Episodes I-III. I'm about as eager for this as I am the next Planet of the Apes. Which, to be fair, is an off the charts level of excitement compared to my view on watching more superhero films.

14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yea the super hero genre is getting a lil stale, Warner Bros DC needs to step their gaame up a lot. As far as this new Disney trilogy I'm not really interested in what they do or how they do. I'm content with the 6 I have, but hopefully the new generation of movie goers enjoys the new stories & characters under the Disney banner.

15. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    You do know there is a massive gap in the EU starting at around 45 ABY, which is a point in time that just so happens to match the age of the OT actors? Hmmm...

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  16. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    I am all for it, Better than all the Harry Potter , twilight stuff. Those series have ideas that are as old as dirt but people still make movies on these concepts. People flock to them because some people put new spins on the concept and it worked. Not a big fan of these movies, but hey, they sold tickets, Star Wars is a galaxy wide and every living being in that galaxy can have a star wars story. So there is a lot that can be done. The only thing is that the old guard ( me and other people ) wanna see more of Luke and the rest of the cast, finish the story once and for all. Then go all balls out on something else....

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Would we be posting on this forum if we werent either excited or a little anxious for the ST? Just enjoy the ride and dont fall to the dark side of hightened expectations.

18. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Hell, I can't wait! Gonna be in the states by the time it comes out. I've been waiting for a new movie with Luke and the gang since 1983. Damn right I'm stoked!