main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    He'll end up saying yes. My predictions:

1. His role will be relatively small
    2. He'll get to die, as he always wanted for Han
    3. They'll pay him piles & piles of money

But they won't roll without him.

SamiS likes this.
  2. Skywalker1325

Skywalker1325 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    who would be the sith

3. Skywalker1325

Skywalker1325 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    i think he should as a pilot,jedi, or something a long those lines

4. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I highly doubt he'll come back. Maybe in a small cameo as a personal favor to Lucas? But then, I don't care much about post-ROTJ Han. Luke, him I definitely would love to see. Leia, too, I'd like to see how she coped with her Jedi legacy. Han's character arc was more or less finished, even Ford was saying Han didn't have much left to do in ROTJ (heck, he didn't even get to fly the Falcon!).

5. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
  6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    A Jedi? No, just no.

7. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
  8. Darth-Jedi-Master

Darth-Jedi-Master Jedi Master star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Gosh I hope not! The last thing I want to see is Harrison's old ass in this movie, that goes for the other old cast members too!

9. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    As a cameo role, and then a heroic death, yes. Han is still alive in the EU in 45 ABY, would be a perfect time to have him officially pass on and in a heroic manner. Remains to be seen what time period this new trilogy is set in and whether Ford would be open to a cameo appearance.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think there's a possibility he'll be back. He's grown more accepting of Star Wars over the years, including doing some exclusive Star Wars signings for Official Pix and Topps trading cards. And let's not forget his appearance at the 30th Anniversary screening of ESB. He also did a little intro to the fans for Star Wars Celebration V a couple of years ago. I think if Lucas pitches it right and the role constitutes something more meaningful than a cameo to appease the fans, then he'll agree to do it out of respect.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  11. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    A cameo would be okay, but a Jedi? Not in character at all.

12. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
  13. IsoBanValian

IsoBanValian Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2004
    Nah. Either he's Han, or he's not in there. Because wrong.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Also, Harrison Ford is kinda old now...

15. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He didn't specify Harrison Ford. He could very well have meant George Harrison, who could easily play what's left of Owen or Beru at this point...

17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    There's more of a chance of getting Bill Murray to do Ghostbusters 3 than Ford doing Episode 7.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  18. Gary Geck

Gary Geck Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    only if he an rewrite his lines...I mean check this out from a hidden mic on Kerschner on Empire...he and Ford go over every little detail of Han's character and rewrite the whole scene (fixing lucas's contradictions, character mistakes etc.).

http://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/magicofempire.html

Tibanna Gas Mine likes this.
  19. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Someone suggested the possibility of revealing that, despite what Palpatine tells Anakin in Revenge of the Sith, his (Palpatine/Sidious') own master, Darth Plagueis, deceived Sidious/Palpatine into believing he was dead, only to emerge years and years later to end up becoming the new ultimate threat in the ST, and, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. In terms of casting the role, I really think Joseph Fiennes - the brother of the man who played Voldemort, Ralph Fiennes - would make an excellent choice; he has a distinctive-enough face that you could disguise him with makeup and get an approximation of Plagueis' look without evoking comparisons to Voldemort, and you'd also have a worthy successor to the incredible Ian McDiarmid in terms of a believable and charismatic antagonist. He's considerably younger than McDiarmid at age 42, but, when you're dealing with an alien - which Plagueis is - I don't know if age matters much.

20. Buried In Time

Buried In Time Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
  21. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I had a roommate who i could see playing thrawn

22. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I know people like big names... but that's so... not Star Wars.

23. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    I doubt Disney will go with the old Lucas-formula. Too risky. And looking at the box office for "Red Tails" can't be encouraging for them. Expect to see the original cast (Hammill, Fisher, Ford, Dee Williams, Daniels, Mayhew), lots of recognizable American & British tv/supporting-role actors, and some up-and-coming but recognizable names in the cast. I can't see Disney or Lucasfilm at this juncture doing anything off the wall.I fear those days are over.

24. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    We may see the big three (original cast) in Episode 7 but I would imagine it would be in a torch passing role. They wouldn't have to survive past ep 7 (although Luke could reappear Obi-Wan style as a spirit throughout). You could even wipe Han and Leia out in a devastating attack by the villains in the first act (give them a great heroic send-off though). No way will we see them carry the main action.

25. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    So were Alec Guinness, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee etc. What does age have to do about it? Ford pulled in millions of viewers worldwide in "Crystal Skull" a few short years ago. What happened to the original characters? is the question most audiences want answered. And I think they're going to get it starting Mat 2015. Disney/Lucasfilm would be insane to not do that as the first new SW films in a decade.