main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will the new time slot affect the tone?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Hi,

Is the dark tone of Season 4 going to carry on in Season 5?

I'm just wondering because now Clone Wars airs on a Saturday morning instead of Friday night.

By dark tone, I mean stories like Umbara and Massacre/Revenge?

I get the series from iTunes and I'm hoping their not edited from the intended vision.

Cheers

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think it has affected it from what I've seen so far this season. I just don't think we've gotten to the darker arcs yet.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought "Revival" was fairly dark. I agree with KenobiSkywalker. I don't think the early timeslot has effected the tone of the show. Stuff is on the way. Not to mention Umbara, Massacre, and Revenge have all rerun on Saturday and Sunday mornings on CN.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I expect that when these episodes air in the UK, the darker episodes of Season 5 may be cut a bit. CN in the UK made some very minor trims to the UK broadcast of 'Kidnapped' and 'Revenge' and this was when they have aired at any time in the day. In Kidnapped, when Obi-Wan gets headbutted at the start of the fight between him and Darts D'Nar, that has been edited so he's just thrown across the floor which makes it very strange to watch as its clear they've cut something and in Revenge when Maul is talking about 'slaughtering the innocent' they cut that bit out so the scene ends in the middle of Maul's sentence so you just hear the word 'slaughter'. I'm fully expecting some darker parts of season 5 may receive minor cuts for the channel over here.

5. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I recall that the cinema release of AOTC in the UK had Jango Fett's headbutt of Obi-Wan cut. The logic behind shielding British viewers' eyes from headbutts but exposing them to blood-boiling decapitations and dismemberments is peculiar.

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah that is odd. I just wonder why we get some cuts and the US don't? Ergo why was their cuts in the UK airing of some Season 4 episodes but they were ok to air in the US? It's the same channel so it doesn't really make any sense to me.

7. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    In general, Western non-U.S. censors and film classification boards are more lax on nudity and sex and more stringent on violence than their U.S. counterparts are. "Fantasy violence" is somehow different from realistic violence, so perhaps a headbutt is considered the latter while exposing a clone trooper's smouldering shoulder stump is classified as "fantasy violence".

The devil's in the detail, and a headbutt is a detail that is satanic in the eyes of the BBFC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.