main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Can we stop the thousand of non logical threads that are going to pop up please

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by budspencer, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    First off- there are a lot of un educated people star wars would be geek out there putting out information that is totaly illogical and ludicrous. let me explain:

people assume that the new film will be a reboot: uh, hello! this is episode 7 8 and 9, Disney was clear about this, so no its not gonna be a reboot. its is going to be a continuation of what was established before. I really hate the fact that some young journalists are putting out their opinions that there should be a reboot ith all new hunky actors andreamy girls to serve the current young fanbase. It just shows you how gullinle the young internet generation can be about information. It is ridiculous to think that at this point they are re-doing Star Wars.

Fact- Lucas invited Hammil and Fisher to a dinner to announce the new movies. Uh Hello! isnt that a clear indicatore to the actors to get in shape and ready for possible appearance in the movie. It does not take a scientits to read between the lines on this one. so speculating it is highly likely that they are involved at least in the script.

I will continue this thread later.

so let the fanboys rage on my comments now!

PK EDIT: Hey we got a thread for this. Check it out here.

Voss and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I agree with you.

3. CConn

CConn Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    You should change this thread's title to "budspencer's random rantings".

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I've been following the boards pretty closely as a lurker for about 12 years and as a member for a few days. In those years ALL, and I mean ALL, of the reboot talk has very clearly been speculative. Are you able to provide a link to a thread in which this is being declared factually?

Voss and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    What do threads about Light-whips, and the color of Han Solo's pants have to with dumb journalists thinking they are going to reboot starwars?

6. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Well a reboot doesn't mean a remake.

7. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    These are the first times since 1983 that we can honestly speculate about true sequels to the OT. The internet boards like this weren't even around for things like this back then (bbs, yes but). There will be a LOT of people coming in with all kinds of SEQUEL (not PREQUEL) thoughts they have had on their minds for 29 years.Just chill out and just be happy we have a chance to do this.

Edit: I do agree that peops need to just relax until official stuff is announced, but the whole "I heard from a guy who was friends with my uncle's nephew's co worker" talk. Comes along with the territory/insanity.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  9. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The OP has a very valid point. It is amazing to me the amount of confusion and nonsense that this announcement has generated. It's as if people have forgotten how to use common sense.

10. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    This is the gun of it all. It's like 1997 and talking about the prequels.

11. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ What? I highly doubt that the announcement of the Prequels endgendered this level of nonsense. There are some basic facts that are being ignored with this particular situation:
    1) Disney is Lucasfilm's parent company (or will be once things are officially approved) and nothing more

2) George Lucas personally handed Kathleen Kennedy the ' Star Wars baton' and, as President of Lucasfilm, she is the one who will be calling the shots with regards to the future of the franchise. Furthermore, she is not going to do anything with the SW franchise that invalidates the incredible amount of trust and faith that Lucas put in her personally by entrusting her with the franchise in the first place

3) Episodes VII, VIII, and IX WILL be an extension and continuation of the existing Saga and will therefore have tangible links and connections to the previous films in said Saga

12. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Nothing has been declared. Disney has said nothing! They've bought a company. They have not written a script, figured out a timeline, casted characters. Too much speculation - people are freaking out about completely unfounded stuff coming out of their heads.
    And all that stuff about "Mark and Carrie knew...", so? Even if they did, George Lucas telling them may have been a courtesy, or he may have been asking for advice...if I was George Lucas, I would do that too with my biggest original stars.

13. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    I thought of one more basic fact that people are ignoring:
    4) Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm, and Disney would not have committed to a target release date of 2015 unless they were 100% sure that said target release date was realistically achievable

14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Yes. The Star Wars ST may not even happen ever for all we know.

15. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ What? Did you even read what you just quoted? Kennedy, Lucasfilm, and Disney set the 2015 target release date because they know they can reach it. Therefore, because they set said target release date and know they can reach it, it WILL be reached and Star Wars WILL be back in theaters sometime in 2015.

16. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Anything can happen.
    Hopefully the movie is out by 2015, but there have been many ambitious, high-profile undertakings that people thought were going to be ready...and they went into production...and more production...and more production...

17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    My answer to this thread is NO in all caps. Posting threads should be encouraged. People should stop trying to shut down others ideas & opinions of the Disney Star Wars movies.

18. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Lol people who think they are an autherity are always the funniest posters. Hamill is better off doing the voice of the Joker, get someone else to be Luke.

19. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    What!?! I take it you were not online back then.

20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Thank you I lol at the wanna be know it all for other fans saying what they want. Lucas had a meeting OMG!! A MEETING!

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    What if I like non logical threads? Everyone has their own take on SW and if someone wants to know about topless Yaddle, I think they should be allowed to question and express themselves.

22. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Yes they should. No one is wrong & everyone is wrong. People need to stop acting like they know everything & shut up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.