main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Your Unpopular Star Wars 7 Opinion

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CConn, Nov 3, 2012.

1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I don't think they're going to toss huge chunks of EU out at all. Only a few minor pieces as before.

2. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    1. NO resurrected characters. Old characters can be referenced in dialogue (or statues, busts etc)
    2. No Lucas at all past the idea/treatment stage. At. All.
    3. No/very little EU material.

Those are really my biggest wishes. Unpopular? Maybe, maybe not.

3. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    My unpopular opinion? It will be universally loved by all.

4. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    - Is it unpopular to want SW7 to restore my respect for Darth Vader as the ultimate badass in the universe? I miss him.
    - Is it unpopular to want SW7 to taken seriously by the people in control of it, and not be used merely as a way to make money from poop and fart jokes for 8 year-olds?
    - Is it unpopular to want SW7 to be about the characters again?
    - Is it unpopular to want SW7 to cause the franchise to become something more than the definition of "Bad Movies" in the zeitgeist?

5. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    No rule of two.....as I have said being a "Dark Lord of theSith" meant you are second in command of a group of two.

tekkamansoul likes this.
  6. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I want a Gungan Jedi.

Search yousaa feelings, yousaa know them to be bombad! I spake!

7. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Also, I want and old mentor Luke in it (who will die in the first one), but no Leia and PLEASE no Han!
    I want Qui-Gon's force ghost to be prevalent in the the whole trilogy.
    I want a double load of CGI and a absolute ban on puppetry!
    I want a good guy with a double-sided yellow lightsaber!
    I want Mandalorians to very prevalent characters, especially as infamous heroes (republic commando style)
    I want it to be new but to attach itself to both the OT & the PT, so as to reenforce in everyone's minds that the PT is here to stay and it is truly part of the Saga.
    I want more Twi'lek females!!
    I have no interest in Tattoine, and don't want to see any Wookies, or Ewoks!

8. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Power to unification of the PT & OT. Glad the Palpatine Saga IS commplete.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  9. CConn

CConn Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    I'm of two minds about how much the ST conflicts the Zahn novels.

On one hand, I know Lucas would never ever follow someone else's lead in that sense, and I'm very excited to have the mystery and unknown of a brand new series of stories.

On the other hand, I do feel as though Zahn's books are pretty much the perfect sequel trilogy, and feel more like the OT than anything I've ever read or seen ( including the PT and CW), and if the ST ends up not being as classic and definitive as those books, I probably will be pretty disappointed.

10. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    I hope the get rid of the episode numbers. I know this will be a post Jedi story and will be somewhat Episode 7, but probably not quite the Episode 7 that we wanted from before. I don't know actually. But either way. Id like to ditch those now. I think. Episode numbers is a great way to distinguish George's movies and the "Skywalker Saga" Getting rid of episode numbers now frees them up to go anywhere and everywhere they want. Just want to see Star Wars and then the Crawl starts with the Movie's title. I know this is unpopular though.

11. princethomas

Nov 19, 2001
    I also firmly would like to see a scene between Hamill as Luke and Neeson as Qui-Gon force ghost. My hunch is that that is unpopular, though Im not sure. I think it would be bloody doggone brilliant though.

12. princethomas

Nov 19, 2001

13. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    You know, part of me would like to see that too(the other part thinks that's crazy since they have no connection to each other). But it would be cool to see two of the main actors from 2 different trilogies interact in the new movie.

And since obviously Alec Guinness can't force-ghost back either, part of me wants to see the force-ghost de-aging in the form of Ewan McGregor interact with Mark Hamill(but only if this doesn't tamper with Alec's ghost in the OT).

14. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I would love to see an interim trilogy about the foundation and growth of the rebel alliance. By the time Luke enters the scene, it's a battle-ready organization capable of taking out a death star. But a story about the early years would be nice. They could tell a story taking place over just a few months to a few years. Darth Vader could be the central villain. What could be better?

15. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    I think that is the territory that would have/will be covered by the television series.

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I love this idea

17. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    My unpopular opinion? No "new republic", the alliance simply restores the Senate, and they vote in a new Emperor, maybe Leia. No "new jedi order". Let Luke be the last. NO SITH. Having sith makes the entire PT and OT irrelevant. The whole point of Anakin's story was for nothing if there are Sith all over the place 20 years later.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

18. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
  19. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I like that.

I often wonder how badass the star wars universe would have been in an 18 cert. I definitely agree that they should leave the kids and silly nonsense behind, even though they probably wont.

How about a whole sith army. massive war.

20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Isn't that what SWTOR is?

21. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    dont know what swtor is please expand.:)

22. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    The Old Republic. The games are rated Mature and generally feature difficult morality choices that deal in murder, theft, slavery, racism, torture, and so forth. I would love a series of Old Republic movies, but they'd have to keep that dark theme, and I don't know if LFL or Disney are ready to make a rated R or borderline PG-13 Star Wars film.

23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    My unpopular opinion is the idea of the Emperor returning, but instead of it being the *actual* Emperor, it's a clone who thinks he's the Emperor, but has the same force potential. Like TFU II's clone of Starkiller. I wouldn't want the Emperor back in Episode VII though, Episode VIII more like it.

24. BobbySharp

BobbySharp Jedi Padawan

Nov 2, 2012
    1. No EU at all. It's not pure canon anyway so who cares?
    2. Only young Jedi. I don't want to see a huge, thriving order but a very small, struggling group.
    3. No Jedi Leia. I'd like to see Luke keep to traditional Jedi ways. If Leia marries Han, then I'd like her see her develop Force abilities, but not a Jedi Knight.
    4. No real presence of the Empire at all.
    5. No bounty hunters crawling all over the place.

25. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    The dialogue and acting in VII would be too realistic at the expense of the visual storytelling.