main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.6 - The Gathering - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The infamous dell batteries were not made in China. They were infact manufactured by Sony in Japan. And please stop double and triple posting, please use your edit button.

I figured the cave was a cave of illusions of sort and was conjuring up obsticles just for the younglings which were mainly in their head as Yoda mentioned at the end. So a under cave full of crystals being on the challenge for one of the younglings made sense.

Why would only one crystal be bound to someone? Why couldn't there be four. Kinda interesting to think the cave could also control what you wield. The will of the force?

DM99 likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hm curious, the slideshow on TOS points out that the markings for Balance from Mortis appear within the temple in this episode. [face_thinking]

And I was right, the correct spelling of the Wookiee's name is Gungi.

3. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    That was Yodas influence there. There is nothing special about those minerals. They are nornal crystals which can focuse energy. Often used in Starwars. Nothing special.

Yoda did all those "mind****" to those poor kids brains. He wanted them to overcome there weaknesses. He fooled them like he fooled Luke on Dagobar. Its all Yodas strong Jedi Mind Tricks.

4. Master_Gallia

Master_Gallia Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 29, 2004

I actually like how Ahsoka is maturing. At this pace I think it will be hard to argue that she shouldn't be granted knighthood.

5. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
  6. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    That was exactly my feeling. The mysticism is one of the defining aspects of SW that I often find TCW lacking. This one had it in spades, as well as a likable group of new characters. Unlike many of the recent episodes, this was one episode that flew by. My favorite so far this season.

7. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
  8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    DM99 said this......

"katooni is not a human. she is a tolothian."

-----------------------------------------------------------

However......Katooni can be considered human.

Tholothians are near-human, so therefore technically humans. She is not an alien.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tholothian

Also what may appear to be something alien like on their heads, is actually just some headdress.[/quote][/quote]

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

This is actually sort of scary....

Spazmatron and DM99 like this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It does remind me of Sentai. 2 girls, 4 boys, and a possible mentor. x.x;

11. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope you meant "teeth" ;)

12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Seems, like Ilum is the reason why in the PT era, the main lightsaber colors for the jedi are just blue and green.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *from wookipedia article on lightsabers*

"Toward the end of the Old Republic era, Ilum was the primary source of most crystals used for lightsabers; this dramatically limited the color range, as the crystals harvested from Ilum produce only blue and green blades."
    ―Tionne Solusar[src]
    Eventually, the Republic managed to reclaim its lost territory. During this period, lightsaber usage and technology remained largely unchanged, although it should be noted that the usage of naturally formed crystals from Ilum became almost universal among Jedi, causing the variety of lightsaber colors to drop, as the vast majority of crystals that formed on Ilum took on either a blue or green hue.[9]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Is this from the new episode guide that is coming?!

14. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Yes it is possibly her eyes are big what is she looking at Greedo.

DM99 likes this.
  15. codex of tython

codex of tython Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2012
    I think that the original clone wars episodes (the micro series) are much better! There are also alot of facts that aren't the same.
    For example:
    the crystals are in different colors in the microseries, in TCW animated series they are blue/grey, WTF???

16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't seen much of the original Clone Wars series, but I did see the Ilum episodes. I thought they both did well personally.

17. codex of tython

Nov 4, 2012

look at 0:42:35
    you clearly see there are green and blue crystals, so that is something Lucasarts didn't think of i guess...

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The colorless crystals did not make a lick of sense to me too. I have spent hours in SW games collecting crystals for my sabers like in KOTOR 2 or TFU. This feels like it **** on the mythology that is already there.

codex of tython likes this.
  19. codex of tython

Nov 4, 2012
    and i forgot something,
    in the microseries the jedi master goes inside the cave with her padawan in TCW the padawans have to go without a master.
    how come?

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or, Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan, and here's an outlandish thought, these colorless crystals, I don't know, add to the mythology. :eek: I know, I know, that's crazy talk.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    In the TCW movie Ahsoka already had her first lightsaber when she was introduced to Anakin and now she has another. I do remember that episode of the Microseries a little. I was thinking maybe Younglings go into this cave of illusion on Ilum as an earlier right of passage alone and acquire their first crystal to build their first saber. Then later after they have a master they would go back to the cave with their master for another sort of ritual and obtain another crystal to build their 2nd lightsaber. That kinda sounds like leveling up for a video game. I don't see why if crystals choose their Jedi so to speak, more than one couldn't choose the same Jedi. Why would a padawan need to only build one over their entire course of training? Its just most probably would replace the first and not use two. Then their is also the possibility the first could be damaged or destroyed. What then? We'll call Ahsoka some kinda rebel with an outfit she forgot to make half of.

DM99 likes this.
  22. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    they are no padawans yet.

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Like I said, multiple caves and/or temples for varying levels of training. These kids are still in the very early stages of their training, so naturally they'd have to face different trials than older Jedi who have been training directly under a Knight or Master. I'm sure there is more than one type of ritual for lightsaber construction. As the trials were different for the individual trainees in this episode, so would it be for older Jedi, who have developed more personal attributes over a longer period of time.

24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't younglings use a training saber till Padawanship? Maybe the first challenge is to build the training saber, then when they get accepted as a Padawan, they go back to another temple/cave for their first "real" lightsaber.

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    IIRC the trainees in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous had actual lightsabers, which were simply powered down most of the time. There really is not too much consistency, even before TCW came around, which is why I'm able to accept the "changes" presented in The Gathering.