main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Your Unpopular Star Wars 7 Opinion

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CConn, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    No EU.

I want this trilogy to be a pure continuation/conclusion of the previous six episodes, and who knows... perhaps the role of The Chosen One doesn't end with his death. Perhaps the fact that Anakin is able to retain his identitiy after his death (courtesy of Qui-Gon's teachings to Yoda and Obi-Wan) is only a part of his destiny, which is still not complete.

Jair Crawford likes this.
  2. Amphimachus

Amphimachus Jedi Padawan

Sep 7, 2012
    Well as far as an unpopular opinion goes, I'd like them to slavishly adhere to all preexisting canon... including the canon that contradicts the other canon.

3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I don't think the new film has to "capture the magic" of the originals, as I don't think the originals are much more than goofy (if solidly entertaining) space adventures.

4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Kill off the OT principles one by one, film by film. Feature them in secondary roles as elder statesman (akin to Kenobi, Mon Mothma and General Riekan), and then destroy them in various creative, heart-string-pulling ways that spark the actions of the new principle heroes.

For example, in Ep. VII, Admiral Han Solo can go out in a blaze of glory as the Falcon is exploded, with him and General Chewie inside, by the rising menace of whatever the villain is. One of our new heroes witnesses this (perhaps Solo was his dad) and this drives a thrist for revenge that plays out later.

In VIII, Chancellor Leia can be assassinated -- successfully, as her mother never was.This tears the Republic apart as a struggle for political power ensues. That kind of thing.

In IX, Master Skywalker sacrifices himself to save a star cruiser-full of Younglings. This is the moment where the audience collectively gasps and sniffles, and Luke's destiny as a true hero is eternally secured. Rated PG-13.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    ^ I got another one.

Never use the word younglings. Ever.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  6. Womprataouille1974

Womprataouille1974 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    I want to know more about the midichlorians.

7. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    Episode VII (and Eps VIII-IX) should be PT-neutral. They don't have to contradict the prequels, but they shouldn't reference or emulate it except in the smallest, most nebulous of ways (Ewan McGregor returning as Obi-Wan and the use of PT-derived alien races are both okay, but everything else ... probably not).

8. LazyJC22

LazyJC22 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    A surely unpopular opinion:

The ST doesn't have to please all of us old Star Wars fans, or quench our thirst for unresolved/unseen issues from the first six films. Just write a good story and entertain us as IV-VI did.

9. pillowpants

pillowpants Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    My unpopular opinion:

I think that episode seven should feature an original story arch picking up approx 5 to 10 years after rotj. I also think that the original story line should effectively overwrite current eu canon while still incorporating certain eu characters.

10. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    My younger brother's first suggestion when I broke the news to him:

"I hope Hayden Christensen's in it!"

11. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I would love VII to be a complete re-everything, as if everything so far in Star Wars never happened. In addition, planets, species, organizations, etc, should all new. Also tone down the Jedi.

12. edog37

edog37 Jedi Master

Mar 20, 2005
    Anakin's story brought balance to the Force. It didn't eliminate evil. Having Sith doesn't negate that. If we look at the Vong War, Luke draws on the entire Force vs just the light side. That to me is what Anakin did. He enabled the entire Force to be drawn upon.

13. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Ahsoka Tano. I think that qualifies as unpopular, but it's what I'd like to see.

14. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I'd like to see Force Ghosts of Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan (Ewan!), and Anakin (Hayden) all together.

15. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Money down right now - Eddie Murphy voicing a smart-ass, sarcastic Gungan.

I, as an ancient relic from the 70s OT days, would also like to see more PT "leftovers" post-Empire rebuilding/defending their New Republic (or whatever). More Toydarians!

16. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Please... even if the Rebellion just restores the Republic it'd be common to call it the "New Republic" just for convenience. As for the whole balance of the force thing, maybe we can think of it this way.

Episode I-III the time of the Light Side
    Episode IV-VI the time of the Dark Side
    Episode VII-IX the time of the Grey... you know, not everyone agrees on right and wrong. It could even bring up the whole 'certain point of view' thing from Obi-Wan. Speaking of the Vong War, did anyone else feel that Jacen's character development post Vong War was the worst idea in the history of the EU.

tekkamansoul likes this.
  17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    The "grey" side is so interesting...opens up so many possibilities. We've even seen someone rationally and unselfishly give themselves over completely to the Dark Side to prevent the bad guys from winning. (Relin Druur)

18. Bashar

Bashar Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2011
    Would love to see some force ghost jedi.

I always thought the lack of Anakin (or Obi-wan and Yoda) was a defficiency of the EU. I know why they couldn't do it (off-limits) but it was still a defficiency. I wouldn't mind a disregard for the EU if there was some sort of total reboot of the EU initiated. Keep anything that doesn't contradict, throw the rest out/put it in the Infinities area.

19. Rotticus

Rotticus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2012
    Popular or Unpopular I want to see two things:

1.Mark Hamill
    2. It's called "Episode 7" so it better at least be somewhat reminiscent to the previous 6 films.

That is all

20. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Imperial Knights like in the "Star Wars: Legacy" comics!
    Or Mandalorian Jedi.

21. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    =D=

22. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Unpopular

It should be about Luke and Leia's children...............

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I dunno how unpopular this might be but here goes:

That the new movies don't have much to do with the previous ones. Set in the same universe (it's a huge damn place) and tell completely original stories, many years before or after the Saga. Well clear of most of the EU, all the movies and everything. Start with a blank slate and develop from there.

Another one, but that might be more suitable to the TV series:
    A realistic, gritty portrayal of the actual wars in Star Wars. A series that deals with the not so clean and heroic aspects of a galactic conflict, following the regular people and military. And to have it set during the Galactic Civil War so we don't have any of that "we're decapitating droids so it's all fine" stuff.

Think Band of Brothers...with stormtroopers.

24. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The possibilities here are endless, and I love the idea. I think it would be great for example to tell stories in parallel to the events of, say, ESB. Tell another story that begins with the evacuation of Hoth and follows a group of warriors trying to guide RA personnel to a new base of operations.

25. JediMJS

JediMJS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I want an at least marginal degree of EU influence. Read as: Mara Jade.

I want it to be set fairly soon after ROTJ, somewhere abouts when the Thrawn trilogy took place (but I know we will not get Thrawn, and I don't really care. I just think it's a good place to start).

I want it to be racier: PG-13. I would want it to be R, but I realize that will never happen. Maybe if we get a TV series we could get some episodes that are TV-MA