main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Thanks to the Gods, so say we all no more Seth Mcfarlen !?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodahasgreenfeet, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Please stop this guy before he rapes Star Wars. His new Family guy star wars comedy "hybrid" series looks terrible. This guy needs to be stopped. He used to be funny but his "work" has gone sour. I won't watch Family Guy anymore. I've grown out of its raunchy sadistic humor. And I don't like seeing it every where and his voice acting is getting really plain and generic. Quackmire sounds like palpatine , etc .... I've had enough.

He has no place working with a company like Disney . Let him keep his twisted humor to himself. I really hope Disney doesn't swoop to his level. Family guy is offensive to everything and every one and it was offensive towards Star Wars. It would be offensive towards Disney too. They should stay far away ....far far away.

2. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    Seth Green is making Star Wars: Detours, not Seth MacFarlane. Think of that what you will.

Ender_Sai and kevmp like this.
  3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    This thread is funny.

Darth-Seldon likes this.
  4. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    What does that have to do with episode VII? Wrong forum. Also it's Seth GREEN behind this show, and the other guy from robot chicken. Not Seth mcfarlane. They did some excellent Star Wars parodies on robot chicken

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  5. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    I was misinformed. Keep all those comedians away. They all ruin a good thing. Both of them should be kept away.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    "Thanks to the Gods, so say we all no more Seth Mcfarlen !?"

I don't understand your English.

Darth_Invidious and Darth-Seldon like this.
  7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I just watched some clips of this on Youtube and found it hilarious. Thanks for the tip, Yodahasgreenfeet!

Detours - they rock
    /LM

Darth_Deception likes this.
  8. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    Excellent parodies such as luke sleeping with his sister or jar jar haunting vader? The second one was ok ,the first one was just nasty . I don't think Disney will allow their licensed material to be used in this way any more. I might be up tight but Family Guy and Robot Chicken both disgust me. They are the devil .

Detours might as well been made by the Family Guy guy I felt like I was watching some sort of Attack of the Family Guy Clone Show.

9. IsoBanValian

IsoBanValian Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2004
    I developed a permanent facial twitch after seeing the promo for Detours.

Do. Not. Want.

10. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Lol they are the devil!?!? I think Christian Right wing forum is down the street bud

11. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    They are so offensive yet you obviously have watched them before...

12. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    Not the devil , but the devilization of media! They have no respect for content, they rape it mercilessly , and they have no standards. Maybe I'm up tight but that raunchy , unintelligible humor has no place with Disney. It's random, it's perverse, it's stupid. It lacks morals and it's volgar , derogatory.

I used to like it before I realized it was so juvenile , relied on cheap laughs and was totally immoral , demonizing everything it touches. A joke is a joke but it's tasteless and it's not the way I wish to see humor evolve. It's not clever and witty, it's just disgusting.

Yes, I've seen them I give things a chance. I liked them in grade school/ high school for a while. That doesn't mean I thought they were brilliant and visionaries and that we had to spread such terrific humor all over the world there after. I grew up and grew out of it.

I do wonder what its fate will be. No more detours? For the love of God no more Blue Harvest?

13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm pretty sure they'll still be made.

Yes, you are a little uptight. The good thing about it is, you have a choice to not watch it. Others who do enjoy it have a choice to watch it. Calling for a ban on something that you personally don't enjoy is pretty lame. That's the beauty of humans... we're all different.

I suggest you take a break from worrying about others and focus on your atrocious writing abilities.

14. honeybadger

honeybadger Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Family Guy is an Abomination and Disney shoud Destroy it Utterly. As for the Heretical and Godless Star Wars spoofs, I call for all people named 'Seth' to be Boiled Alive to Cleanse the world of McFarlane, Green and all their Sinister Wizards.

You are obviously a clear-headed and right thinking individual. How do I subscribe to your newsletter?

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Sure looks that way. I think the show looks pretty funny

16. IsoBanValian

IsoBanValian Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2004
    "devilization?"

I'm totally claiming this word.

17. Billdog718

Billdog718 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    You guys need to chill out

18. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm calling for a ban because the material in question is not acceptable content to be aired under the Disney license. It's juvenile teenage humor.
    I'm not worrying about others , I brought up a specific topic of discussion. I don't see any where where I start worrying about others. You're the first one to make a personal statement about others, by telling me to focus on my writing abilities.

Of course people have the ability to make a choice , as to whether they should watch it or not watch it.

What does that have to do with anything? If you were conscious of it a little more, breathing would be a choice! Actually, breathing is a conscious choice in certain medical conditions.

The point is as addressed in the OP, Disney owns the license now and that tasteless garbage should not be associated with Disney in any way.

People are all different, you're the one insulting me for being "different" . You're a typical hypocrite who claims to live by a moral standard , yet breaks it in the same sentence.

I do suggest a ban , you didn't let me elaborate why . I did imply why, vaguely . By judging me for my writing ability you went straight to insults. That makes you a tad hypocritical and not very open to my right of an opinion.

They are hacks and they don't belong with Disney , they shouldn't have any right to work with Disney licensed material.

I'm sure you don't see how this relates to everything else under the sun...But, I'm sure that you have opinions on things too. How a Star Wars movie should be or shouldn't be for example. It's perfectly fine to have an opinion on what the Star Wars universe should and shouldn't be exposed to. If they can't make family film content then they shouldn't work with Disney.

I'm sure that you call a "ban" on certain ideas for the new Star Wars film, I'm sure that you "ban" things you don't approve of in life on some level. So, stop being a hypocrite.

I don't think Disney should entertain these tactless writers , unless they can come up with something respectable and not teenage juvenile GARBAGE.

19. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Ha! I'm pretty sure this thread is satirical. If so, hilarious. This guy isn't serious, right?

20. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    I got a pitch fork in my garage, I'll get it!

A good old fashioned Vader burning is in order, headed off by cute teddy bears in a forest full of fairies .

I'm some what serious , maybe not completely serious...

I don't know any of you...

21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Indeed.

23. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    While we're on the subject, Simpsons, Weird Al Yankovic, Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock and all their associated heathenous acts should be forever banned from life

24. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm done actually. I don't like the recent Star Wars comedy adaptations in question , feel free to discuss it if you like. I don't like that sort of Family Guy humor any more. Though my opinion may be opinionated, it's still my honest opinion. I didn't expect it to be taken as gold or that everyone would agree with me. I think that breed of humor is tactless though.

When did Weird Al Yankovic become Howard Stern?? Nah, most of what I personally don't like is the adult swim content. I hate most of the"adult"swim comedy material.

25. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    The only religion that should be discussed in a Star Wars speculation forum is the force, you need to take your god and devil stuff elsewhere. Your idea of Disney being very clean cut and moral is wrong also, they have distributed some very adult and "immoral" movies under Miramax in the past.

jp-30 likes this.