main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will TCW and Episode VII tie in to each other?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    As I said above, TCW has plenty of villains who could survive past ROTJ.

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm not sure what that has to do with the text of mine you quoted.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    My bad. I edited my post accordingly.

4. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I really hope they leave them separate instead of shoehorning it in for marketing reasons.

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think I would be fine with them having some secondary characters from TCW making apperances in the ST, Like Embo (whom I've mentioned before) if he'll survive the series; that would be pretty nice.

However, I'm not so sure there should be other show references and ties to the new movies, much because that could confuse fans who haven't seen TCW (or not much of it) and are mostly familiar with only the movies.

6. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Pedunkee Mufkin could be all grown up and out for revenge. [face_money_eyes]

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    [​IMG]

9. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Not so much a character as various concepts and settings from TCW. For example, the advanced, urbanised Mandalorian culture seen in TCW could appear once again in the ST. The writers of the ST wouldn't make appreciating the new Mandalore too dependent on having seen TCW, but there would be some common design themes and elements that would be recognisable to TCW viewers.

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe the new movies are gonna be like Prometheus - it is the same universe that uses the same elements like Jedi and the Force and the Republic but it is not about the boring Skywalker clan.

11. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Maybe in Episode VII Ahsoka and Luke have gotten married and have gone against canon and have a half-Togruta, Half-Human baby. :(

codex of tython likes this.
  12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Reference Mortis? That would be great! Let's hope Disney makes it so.

darklordoftech and TaradosGon like this.
  13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Mortis?!

There are a ton of awesome villains that could have lived after ROTJ. Many CIS people did go into places like the Corporate Sector and the far reaches of the Outer Rim. I could see easily a guy like Tikkes being retconned into the time after ROTJ. Disney do love Squid-face villains like Davy Jones. [face_dancing]

14. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I could see Ventress secretly building a new Sith empire in hiding...
    I heard some suggesting that Ashoka could endure in carbonite. At first I thought this would be ridicoulous, but I could imagine Anakin searching fr her during the purge, but being unable to kill her, so he froze her. Luke could find her in Vader' s secret chambers...

15. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka needs to stay in the TCW era. If Vader will choke Padme and kill Obi-Wan, and be completely corrupted and that far gone, I don't think he's going to spare Ahsoka just so he can freeze her. Her whole purpose IU is to teach Anakin how to let go of relationships. If she outlasts Vader that just seems like a cop out - since unlike Padme and Obi-Wan, her relationship with Anakin/Vader would remain unresolved, especially if she just gets to sleep through the OT in carbonite. She needs to be separated from Anakin via death, reassignment, etc. And Anakin can either be hung up on that (and foreshadow his increasing move toward the Dark Side and greed) or get over it and allow Anakin to demonstrate that he was really making progress prior to ROTS and make his fall then more tragic. But for him to track her down and spare her death but instead lock her in carbonite just seems like going out of the way to move her from point A to point Z, when the character's arc was completed by point H.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm hoping before Maul and Savage meet their end, they'll kill off most of these characters.

17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Why so hate-filled? :p

18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.