main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Could Mortis have something to do with Episode 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by the-jedi-prince, Nov 4, 2012.

1. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    Could Mortis have something to do with Episode 7
    Lucas loves his mythology and this dealt with light and dark aspects of the force and origionally wanted Anakin to stay there and balance the force.
    Mortis is also mentioned in the book of sith as is Mother Talzin who i believe is somehow linked to Mortis itself.

We know Lucas has been working on scripts for Episodes 7,8,9 now and Mortis could be the key to everything.

Im currently re reading Darth Plageuis but remember Mother Talzin being in part of that aswell.

2. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    A lot of people loved the "Mortis Trilogy." I felt it was a bit "out there," even out of place.

It kind of elevated the Lightside - Darkside struggle happening in the "real world" of Star Wars to a cosmological level by reducing it to a family with each member in a symbolic role.

I still don't quite know what to make of it...

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    PLEASE SWEET, BENEVOLENT WARU, NO!

Blip, V-2, Eeth-my-Koth and 2 others like this.
  4. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
  5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Is this a Clone Wars cartoon thing?

Blip, Death T and V-2 like this.
  6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I would like to be able to convince myself that the ST will have nothing to do with it. But Mortis is right up Disney's alley. It's like Avatar meets Fantasia or something. I don't think they'll be able to resist!

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  7. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
    It isnt just relevent to the clone wars as its mentioned in the book of sith and i think it may of been in Darth Plageuis aswell.
    Why have they all been mentioned all of a sudden from nowhere in 2 books and the clone wars series.
    There all linked together

Lucas has been working on his treatments etc for some time and book authers and clone wars writers have all been given a brief on Mortis.

Maybe coincidence but at the moment we have very little to go on

Darkslayer and TreborSabreon like this.
  8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Luceno has said that some of the references in Darth Plagueis were about Mortis, even though it was not named.

the-jedi-prince likes this.
  9. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
    Im re reading Plageuis now

Have you read the book of sith?

Im going to have to re read that aswell and see if i can make anything out of it but remember thinking at the time you need to watch the Mortis clone wars episodes and read both books.

10. AbelothIsSexy

AbelothIsSexy Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2012
    It should. It's also mentioned in the Finale of Fate of The Jedi and a group of knights are already sent out looking for it. Not to mention that the Mother, that apparently didn't appear in the Clone Wars, was a focus of Fate of the Jedi, although it wasn't revealed until late that Abeloth was the former Mother. I think this Mortis/Abeloth (and the remaining members of the Lost Tribe of the Sith) are a likely candidate for the trilogy. I'm hoping so at least. There's also the "One Sith" that were eluded to in the previous series of novels. It appears that Vestara Khai (who would be an awesome villain for the trilogy to focus on as well) is on her way to join the One Sith. Between Abeloth, the lost tribe, the One Sith, and Mortis, they could make a ridiculously good trilogy and at the same time promote the existing EU material. My prediction: The next novel, The Crucible, will see the death of Han Solo and Episode 7 will be the end of Luka and Leia. That will leave Ben and Jaina to be the main characters of this trilogy fighting agains the above mentioned threat. Then they could carry 10-12 with the story of Allana Solo.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I couldn't stand Mortis or the "Chosen One" prophecy so I hope not.

12. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I've been saying this for years now, Mortis is connected

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Are the Mortis episodes even one year old yet?

Darkslayer, V-2, tjace and 1 other person like this.
  14. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    LOL it was an expression. Ive been talking about the mortis angle for some time. I still do want an original villian. But I cant help but connect the dots

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Almost two years old actually. As for whether Mortis has something to do with the new trilogy, it could if the trilogy is about the balance of the Force. I actually wouldn't mind if the new movie has some connection to the Mortis storyline.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm sure it will connect in some way... Plagueis and Palpatine overthrew the balance of the Force... the Ones on Mortis were responsible for keeping balance of the Force... hmmm...

17. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    See??

18. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    I understand the dislike of Mortis..... but the "Chosen One" is an integral part of the kind of fictional mythology Lucas was creating, with real world myth and Campbell as his blueprint. And I think Lucas did it wisely, by keeping doubt (Yoda) in the equation

19. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope not. I hope they steer clear of everything I like that is controversial. Just make the ESB type movie general fans have always wanted, no need to delve into the esoteria of SW. I don't want to hear the endless endless endless endless bitter whining this time around.

Blip and TigerCraneFist like this.
  20. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Been thinking along those lines myself since Apocalypse came out, but more like the Big 3 become the new "Ones". Would love to see Vestara on the big screen....

Vastor and AbelothIsSexy like this.
  21. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    You mean the thing that separates Star Wars from the pack....

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I also understand why some people didn't like the Mortis arc. But one can't deny that it had ideas that should be touched upon more in Star Wars, ideas such the balance between good and evil or light without darkness. That right there would be an interesting theme for the new trilogy. Perhaps Luke is afraid that eventually, somehow, the Sith will rise again and he has to accept that it's inevitable; that no matter what you do, evil will continue to rise and rise again. That it's a natural part of life, unchangeable.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  23. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    "But one can't deny that it had ideas that should be touched upon more in Star Wars, ideas such the balance between good and evil or light without darkness. That right there would be an interesting theme for the new trilogy"

I agree that they are ideas that should be touched upon. They were in the PT, to a degree... and that’s Lucas typically works. He gives us hints of things, and I think its more fun that way, because we get to have these awesome conversations.

My only real issue with getting it in the form of Mortis, is simply that Mortis seems out of character/context for Star Wars, let alone The Clone Wars cartoon.

But yeah, more about this concept of balance could/should certainly be explained (shown) in the next round of films.

As much as I hate the proposition that the victories of Return of the Jedi will need to be undone in order have a compelling adversary going forward, part of me sees it this way:

In the Prequel Trilogy there are many Jedi and basically two main sith at any given time. Jedi are all but eliminated. Classic Trilogy, there are two sith and two Jedi (after Obi dies). Luke and Anakin defeat the Sith. There are no Sith and one surviving Jedi. Sequel Trilogy..... few Jedi..... and with the rule of two gone.....many sith. In the third trilogy the tables have turned.

24. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I totally think so because it fits in so perfectly with what has been said by Hamill in 1983 about Luke being on "another plane of existence" and what Lucas said about the sequel trilogy being about philosophical and moral problems. Also I noted in Steve Sansweet's blog: "I think the fact that George found so much enjoyment coming up with new ideas for The Clone Wars series spurred him on. "
    One thing I noticed when rewatching Mortis recently Father saying more than the Sith wanted to exploit Mortis for evil, implying there are more darkside users lusting for power out there than the two Sith.
    Darth Bane and Darth Revan appearing as Sith ghosts being yanked at the last minute
    makes me think this might be something they are saving for the sequels?

Darkslayer and Fettcrom like this.
  25. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Do you want "Mortis" to replace "Jar Jar" as the thing that "ruined Star Wars"? No thanks. Better to leave it alone & give the average fan & movie goer the easy ride they prefer.

Blip likes this.