main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I noticed both of those things were lacking. I kept waiting to see the heads move or blink or SOMETHING.

Darth_Deception likes this.
  2. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    ME. TOO. I was so glued at that moment... nothing.

His daughter-
    I hope they do that. I doubt they will do everything... I don't know. That's tough stuff. Having his daughter chained up in a room while he talks to her like she's a person would be messed up enough... let alone the teeth and ugh... I just don't see them going all in on that. But it seems like they may not touch it at all.... Then again we have only BEGUN to see how messed up he is. Still no gladiators

other notes I had:

Zombie starvation- weird that they clarified that. I'm not sure what to think except it isn't necessary for me and maybe makes things a little more silly. I'm sure there are people all over constantly trying to figure out exactly what the logistics are for all this, but not me. Zombies. At a certain point, logic is a bit out the window. We are dealing with a super-natural situation. Why water it down? Constantly try to explain it out?

Merl seems to be somewhat emasculated... interesting. I hope it doesn't continue forever.

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    They seem to be making an effort to make Woodbury and the Gov. not as screwed up as they are in the comics. At least upon at casual first glance anyway. It has to look like Heaven before they can show the Hell that lies within.

Comics Spoilers
    We may see the "daughter" (If you've read The Road to Woodbury you learn she's actually his niece) and the gladiators but I'm not holding my breath right now. Kirkman has already said Rick won't be loosing his hand and with the way the rest of the show has been going you can't expect everything from the comics to show up. My biggest disappointment is that we may not get to hear my favorite line from the comics when Rick asks the Gov what they're feeding the walkers: "Well Stranger, we're feeding them strangers."
    I had a minor geekgasm when they said "lurkers".

MrZAP and Darth_Deception like this.
  4. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Yeah. I think it'll get plenty more messed up
    i def think they'll have the gladiator fights
    , but yeah I'm not sure how far they'll take this stuff.

Interesting with his two consultants being Merl and the scientist(?). And then the two doctors being turned into one black female nurse. I'm always wondering about why they changed this and that. What's the reasoning? Not that I'm upset she's african-american, it's just a significant change (because of those characters' significance) and the race change just makes me raise my eyebrow that much more.

Maybe the scientist is the doctor and the nurse is... the nurse. so then it makes sense...

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That was what I was thinking as well. The doctor did seem to have some reservations about working for the Governor.
    Me too. :D

6. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    How did I not know this thread existed? Ah well, found it now!

I could have sworn I saw a few of them moving and blinking. I found it funny that they tossed the pilots head into the tank with the band-aid still on.

According to the Walking Dead Wiki, Glen Mazzara said the doctors full name is "Alice Stevens", so it looks like they did just combine the two characters and do a race lift. But I have not been able to find the interview in which he said it, so maybe it's not true. I'm a bit disapointed because Alice is one of my favorite comic characters and it looks like they've changed her background and personality considerably.

I'm curious how many people in Woodbury know about the Gov's actions. Some his soldiers didn't seem all that happy with what they were doing. And that new character Rowan... wonder if she will take Lily's place in whatever comic events may occur?

7. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    i thought i saw some of those zombies blink, i need to go back to the comic books. i read up to where rick and the rest find the jail. it really bugged me that the govenor killed the soldiers.

8. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm guessing there isn't a National Guard station in the TV version?

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    If there was, they were probably overrun by Walkers pretty quickly.

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Doesn't look like it.

11. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I might be biased because of the comics, but I did not see that coming. I'll say this, though. This season has started out a lot better than last season.

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    That was a massacre.

T-Dawg is dead, long live 2-Dawg. And may God grant him lines the likes of T-Dawg never saw.

RIP Lori, and might I add FINALLY!

But really, in only four episodes, they've done more than all of Season 2 combined. Poor Carl, and also poor Rick.

14. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Biggest dramatic moment in the show since they found Sophia.

15. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    That's an understatement :p

16. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Holy ****, I didn't expect things to happen this fast, especially after how they just dragged on season 2. But I'm happy that
    Lori is gone, so good riddance. But I am gonna miss T-Dawg, he was one of the few tolerable characters.

So far I'm enjoying this season.

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    When he was bitten I realized I should have seen it coming, since he talked so much earlier in the episode. He will be missed. Maybe this means Tyreese from the comics will show up now.

18. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    That would be good.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    This ep actually left me shaking. Damn.

20. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    crazy episode.

21. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Why keep the baby alive though? It's not a dynamic that will work for them in the long run.
    Man this season is awesome so far.

22. Terr_Mys

May 19, 2002
    Wait... just thought of something...

What are the odds that Carl didn't have the guts to actually shoot his mom in the head, and just fired a shot at the wall or something? We never actually saw the act, right? What if zombie Lori made an appearance later on? That would be epic.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

First
    Let me do a brief celebratory dance about being right about Andrew's (albiet brief) survival [face_dancing]

Second, I have no idea how their going to resolve things with the baby. It's possible that it could still get left behind and presumed 'eaten' off screen when they inevitably leave the prison, but I've said all along that I had no idea how they were going to resolve things with Lori and the baby onscreen whenever the time came; if indeed, AMC would actually let Kirkman show Lori and the baby's comic book deaths onscreen (the show couldn't even show the actual headshot Rick delivered to Sophia last season because of her age). So it wouldn't surprise me to see the baby live awhile and perhaps if Rick's too emotionally distant to raise her, have Maggie and Glenn informally adopt her

Interesting that it seems that the two inmates Rick chose not to kill have actively made the decision to side with Rick's group in the zombie apocalpyse

And poor Carl now has more psychological issues than Amy Pond and Darth Vader combined.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Alas, poor T-Dogg. We hardly knew ye (I mean, seriously).

MrZAP and Juliet316 like this.
  25. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Well, that was... wow. Did not expect that to happen this early. Kuddos to the writers for taking me completely by surprise.

I really enjoyed this episode... but when they kill off T-Dog Theodore Douglas (the man deserves his full name, dangit!) the moment he gets some character building and have another bald black guy join the group in the same episode... it just gets me thinking about some of the issues raised in the diversity thread over in Lit.