main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation How Would You Have Luke Die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by EviL_eLF, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    $4 billion means it's Disney's call. They won't do anything they don't want to do. George will do what he's paid to do and he does not have a final say in anything. George has made many mistakes lately, brilliance is a little too strong of a word for me to agree with. Talented? Yep. Brilliant? He has his moments.

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    George has 2 Billion in Disney Stock. He has the second most Stock out of anyone. Of course he is not irrelevant.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Sounds like you've read their agreement with LFL. If you have, you're likely involved in the deal. How much are you getting out of it?

Bazinga!
    /LM

4. Blazer-Smith

Oct 28, 2004
    I think I read that it's less than 5% of the company. If true, that means he is very much not in charge anymore.

5. Blazer-Smith

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm not involved at all.

6. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    As long as it has the same punch as Obi Wan's death & Anakin's death, I'll be cool. But it's almost a given that it will happen 2/3 through VII.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Everybody will think he's dead, but he'll be chilling in Mortis.

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. Lucas's stock in Disney works out to something like two or three percent.

9. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I keep waffleing back and forth between: 'like obi-wan' and 'like yoda'

So I'll split the difference and go with
    Like Greedo.

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    You mean he gets ambushed in a sleazy bar goes out like a punk? No thank you.

[face_sick]

EviL_eLF likes this.
  11. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    That was a fair fight. Besides Greedo shot first...

Trollface.jpg !!!!!

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  12. jainasky

jainasky Jedi Master star 1

Jun 7, 2010
    Of all the characters, I do not want to see Luke die. I just don't. Not a hero death, not old age, not becoming one with the force, nothing. I want him alive if they show him in the series. Last movie he can retire to a beach planet for all I care and play space golf, just no dying on screen.

13. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    So this is how Luke dies. With thunderous applause...

And I mean that. If Luke's dies, it should be to the sound of audiences all over the world applauding. It should be the ultimate heroic death.

Picture the scene. The young protagonists (possibly Skywalker descendants) and Luke are on some planet where the antagonists reside. The enemy have been alerted to their presence. Luke and co have to get back to the ship before they're completely overrun by an army of...let's say Mandalorians for the sake of this example. The Mandalorians are everywhere. A thousand of them, all armed. Luke stops in his tracks. It's clear they aren't going to make it to the ship in time, not unless the Mandalorians can be kept at bay. Luke tells the protagonists to get to the ship, that he'll slow the Mandalorians down.

Luke sits down on the ground, meditating. The army gets closer. He waits. Closer. He waits. He prepares himself to become one with the Force. Then as the army is right on top of him, he opens his eyes and leaps into action, lightsaber in hand. One Jedi against an army of Mandalorioans. He may have been half trained when he faced the Emperor, but now...now he's at the peak of his powers. An old man, yes. But with a lot of fight left in him. We see what Anakin could have become in Luke as he battles the Mandalorians. The protagonists make it to their ship and they take off. They can only watch from above as Luke cuts down Mandalorian after Mandalorian. He can't stop them all, but it will take all of them to stop him.

After what seemed like an endless battle, the Mandalorians finally seem to subdue Luke. The antagonist approaches him, ready to land the killing blow. Luke smiles and disappears, his clothes end up in a heap on the ground.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were two great heros. I'd rather Luke's death be closer to Washington's than Lincoln's. He deserves it.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  15. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    Did you see how miserable LeStat was at the end of Interview with a Vampire? Why would you want to torment Luke like that!?

EviL_eLF likes this.
  16. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Although, it'd be dope to see an elderly Luke in a private box at that damn spermatozoa-opera a la Chancellor Palpatine, sipping some blue milk and being idolized by an entourage of Jedi-in-training.

17. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Luke will vanish and be a force ghost at some point. I'd rather his ascendancy in the force has a big, heroic, plot building affect that will be one of the most memorable scenes in Star Wars history!

18. jainasky

jainasky Jedi Master star 1

Jun 7, 2010
    Two different characters and situations. Why would I want to see my favorite character from the movies I've loved since I was 7 be killed on screen? No thank you.

19. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Off camera.

UKS

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd have him die while racing off to face a threat that he fears his fellow Jedi/students are not prepared for, similar to how Yoda went off to fight Palpatine telling Obi-Wan he wasn't powerful enough. Only unlike Yoda, Luke would not return.

21. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Come on guys, why must he go? Can't we have a Happily Ever After ending like every Disney movie?:D

22. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    It will be interesting to see how Luke does go out. One that would be interesting. We as fans will be very surprised by the final decisions. I am sure that there will be a few who will be disappointedbut that is how it will always be.. I would be interested in seeing Luke killed by a padawan, perhaps one of his children. That would be cold and dark and not what anyone would expect. The way of the Sith.

23. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Luke goes back in time to Tatooine in order to save Shmi and thereby prevent Anakin's fall... to do this he dresses up as a Tusken Raider... and gets killed by Anakin before he can even draw his lightsaber.

Obviously.

24. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    And then episode 9 is just two hours of George Lucas pointing at the camera and laughing at us.

TreborSabreon and cthugha like this.
  25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    No, that's Ep. VIII. Ep. VII will be two hours of George laughing and counting his money. :p

fishtailsam likes this.