main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social POLL: When do you want Episode VII to take place?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by fishtailsam, Nov 1, 2012.

?

do you want EVII...

1. soon after ROTJ with new young actors portraying Luke, Leia, Han etc.

3.9%
  2. well after ROTJ with the original cast passing the torch.

96.1%
  1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Any point in time where there aren't a million jedi running around.

fishtailsam and JediMaster_1977 like this.
  2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    100 years in the future of ROTJ where Luke and or Leia appear as Force Ghosts or holographic form.

3. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I would prefer it to be 30+ years after Jedi, and honestly it might be best to completely ignore the extended universe, and not be tied down by it. It would be cool to have Han and Leia back, but I think that it is most important that Hamill return as Luke, maybe as leader of a new Jedi Order. If Han and Leia are not in the movie, then they could just have at least one of their descendants in the movie as a primary protagonist, so they wills till be tied into the new trilogy somehow.

4. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Way out in the future so the EU doesn't have to be rebooted. Let Luke pass the torch in Crucible, then send him and Leia away to some place time doesn't exist and make them return to pass the torch a second time in the films. That's what want to see.

5. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    For me it would have to be maybe 20-40 years post ROTJ having Luke or Leia like appear in a holocron or something

6. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Why would 20-40 years later Luke and leia not still be around??

7. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Pleasantly surprised to see 97% of folks want to see the old cast back.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If Luke, Han and Leia are going to appear at all, I want the film 30-40 years post ROTJ with the original cast.

Otherwise, I'd rather it be far enough out into the future that they aren't there at all, and the main characters are either their descendants or completely unrelated.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  9. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I believe the best time to set Episode VII in would be 45 ABY. It is the beginning of the blank slate period after the current post-RotJ novels. There are two previously established young protagonists with incredible back stories that don't require explanation to do a completely original story. TPTB are not tied to the EU and leave it intact without restricting their original story in any way. If people want to know about these characters, they can read the books or they can go to Wookiepedia and read a summarization of how they came to be at the point of Episode VII. The first is Jaina Solo (Han and Leia's daughter and only surviving child) is 36 years old, and the second is Ben Skywalker, around 18 years old at this point. Two young protagonists with which to build around, and have Luke, Leia, and Han be the wise old sages to them. TPTB can bring in whatever new characters in addition to these two, and leave the EU largely intact while making additions which don't completely destroy the EU, but likely force some revisions of it. I think Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are all the perfect age to play the roles now as they once did as much younger people.

Lucas forbid the killing off of the big 3, and I have to think it was for just this moment, they can play a large background role in the ST, I hope (at least) Luke (and hopefully Han and Leia too) is in one or more of these films. I've always wanted to see him play the role of Jedi Master on the big screen, and this is probably the time when he will be killed off.

One aspects I like about the EU is the relationship between Luke and his son Ben, it hasn't always been great but it has gotten extremely good, and it would be a great change of pace for the Skywalker family to have a semi-functional dynamic. It will also make for great drama for Ben's father and mentor to die leaving Ben to assume the mantle of the main protagonist left by his father's death.

10. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm one of three people. lol

11. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I don't want a recast.Let them do an animated series like they did with Clone Wars that show the adventures between ROTJ and Ep 7.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  12. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Granted I am not George Lucas or Kathleen Kennedy (so I don't know what their plan is), I don't believe doing a trilogy which takes place immediately after RotJ is or was ever in in the cards.

13. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Correct.
    This is why I'm hopeful.

14. nostalgia

nostalgia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2011
    Regardless of when and how, I just really want to see their kids. I'm talking at least Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin. Even if none of the characters (OT/EU) are the same way they're portrayed in the novels, I think it would be awesome. I'd also like to see Luke with a wife.

15. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd like to see Episodes VII-IX wipe away the NJO and following continuity, so 20-30 years after Endor. As for casting... original if possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it. Makes the most sense to me if X-XII are going to focus on the Skywalker kids. Hmm...

Maybe Ben will get a sister, that'd be cool.

16. nostalgia

nostalgia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2011
    I had read in an article somewhere that the last of the newer films would focus on the next generation. And there was mention of a female Skywalker (granted it could be a replacement for Ben/Mara Jade), so who knows?

17. ElivagarV

ElivagarV Jedi Knight

Sep 11, 2012
    I'm okay with either option, but I'd prefer the 2nd.

18. Bashar

Bashar Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2011
    35+ years after would be nice. I'd like to see Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, and the droids on screen together to finish this thing out. Harrison will have to be talked into it, but maybe he can finally get his wish and they can kill off Han.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    45 ABY, dependent on Crucible and Sword of the Jedi.

20. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    At any point in time. I think it'll take place about 45 years after ROTJ, but I'll be fine with anything, as long as it feels relevant to the Saga.

Sigh - the wait is too long!
    /LM