main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.6 - The Gathering - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think so too, Disney would. It felt very kid-friendly, very Star Wars-y and it had several scenes that felt like a reference to good Disney movies.

I loved it too, why did you not like Sx3?! SithStarSlayer?

2. codex of tython

codex of tython Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2012
    [/quote][/quote]
    near-human doesn't mean human,
    it's like saying a rancor has a mouth, 2 arms and 2 legs so it's human, NO IT ISN'T.
    Tolothians are not human

3. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    i thought thats a part of their body. that stupid thing on their head. Adi looked always so stupid with it. [face_laugh]

no offence, Rest in Peace, Girl. :)

:D

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It's a head dress thing which covers their hair

DM99 likes this.
  5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    1.) Because I'm not five years old... :p
    2.) Wookiees were on the G.Walton-banned (from being a PT-era Jedi) list until this weekend.:oops:
    3.) Adi's clone :rolleyes:
    4.) Mini -Saw as a Jedio_O
    5.) Master Tano [face_not_talking]

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    All valid reasons to be hatin'.:cool: Still, there was enough cool stuff to balance out the lame elements.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Gungi is the second ever Wookiee Jedi sooo

8. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Gungi is the third ever wookiee Jedi, there's Lowbacca and Tyvokka.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well... I will get a 4 year old to grade this for me. I can't relate at all to the perception you have to be 5 years old to enjoy something written for kids which has often been this show. Maybe I will appreciate this one more with a second viewing.

10. codex of tython

Nov 4, 2012
    When Byph finds his crystal it's in the mouth of some kind of statue, what the hell is it??

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Agreed. I agree with your points but the episode was not that childish. It is the first episode in a while not to take itself to seriously and not be pretencious like Umbara or Mortis.
    After all, the show tries to be for everybody and not everybody loves Umbara or parents love gore. :D

And I would take this episode over the Hardeen arc and Nomad droids that were just poop (aside from Moralo Eval who was awesome). :p

I agree mini-Saw who felt more like mini-Anakin was a little annoying and the shoehorned Ahsoka... so was Katooni "Gallia" but hey this arc was said to be aimed for a wider audience and maybe the targeted audience will like these younglings.

And we all know that Lucas changes his mind about stuff. Now we have something we were told we will never have on the show. Maybe he and his people have changed their stance on other things like San Hill and the Separatist Council Leaders.

12. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Pile of **** a mile deep, this one.

Zeta1127 and SithStarSlayer like this.
  13. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I didn't really care for it either, but the other three in this arc should be pretty good.

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Nope, already told you that per JA only those kids not chosen to be padawans go to Agri-Corps. These kids were not chosen to be padawans but as the top of their class, to go to Ilum for crystals.

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Darth Sion shrine.;)

Number one was a joke, hence the tongue-face... but the other four points, I was serious about.:)

All in all, this eppy was a waste of my time... I was not entertained.

(I'm here for the Clone Wars, or Jedi Knight/Master actions & everything Sidious)

((Yoda sitting in a frozen cave doesn't count as action, even if he did pull a Traya))

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Agreed... I am also here for THE WAR. Not for Ahsoka or Bounty Hunters...that is why episodes like Tipping Points are so much better than this episode or episodes like the Hardeen arc.

It should be about the Republic vs The Confederacy. Not Bounty Hunters, pirates and Jedi babies.
    SEPARATISSSTTTTSSSSSS!!!!

But in the end of the day the show tries to please everybody.

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I honestly never considered Bounty Hunters, prior to TCW's launch... but Cad Bane has been a pretty smooth dude & I luv me sum Hondo, so I'm cool with them being in the show.

18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    [/quote]
    near-human doesn't mean human,
    it's like saying a rancor has a mouth, 2 arms and 2 legs so it's human, NO IT ISN'T.
    Tolothians are not human[/quote]

Yes they are. Tolothians are NOT aliens, they are brothers of Man. That means they originated from wherever Mankind came from in the GFFA. Yes they are different then normal humans because of changes that have happened to them over time.....that doesn't though mean they cease to be human.

What if in the real world, eventually Mankind find a way to travel to other solar systems, and colonizes other planets. Some humans living on different planets that are not earth, eventually develop unique characteristics because of said planet they live on....over a long period of time. Does that mean, just because they have differences then say the people still born on earth, that they cease to be human?

Also you are confusing the term humanoid and near-human. Humanoid refers to non human creatures (aliens in star wars) who have an appearance that is man like, in other words, walk upright, have 2 arms and 2 legs, and 1 head. Aliens like Twileks and Rodians, are humanoid. So i agree, it would be stupid to call creatures like them human simply because of their similarities to Man, HOWEVER, im not calling Tolothians humans simply because they have 2 arms and 2 legs like a human, im calling them human because they are OFFICIALLY near-human, like say the Chiss (who aren't aliens either). There entire appearance is way to close to a normal human to be an alien.

19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I like the variety. If the show were always clones (And you know I'm a clone fan right?) vs. droids it would get repetitive. This episode won't be one on my favorites list but there is room to explore the mythos and the Jedi
    Order within the TCW time period which by now its pretty obvious the show's title refers to events that took place within the Clone Wars time period rather than being all about the war itself. We had war last arc and it didn't make it a particularly good one IMO. Tipping Points didn't save it for me. I figure war will be coming in this arc as well as what sounds like some linear continuity with the otherwise lame episode of Dooku Captured.

and seems to me in the GFFA evolution works on a more galactic scale rather than a planetary one where the same ancestor has migrated to and been specialized for different planets. Human-like aliens that could be in the homo genus or in a sister taxom within primates or the GFFA equiv.

20. codex of tython

Nov 4, 2012

What in jar-jar's name is a sith lord shrine doing inside a holy jedi crystalcave?

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I guess we'll have to ask Filoni.

22. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Umm, I will have to rewatch, but based on EU, don't the Jedi have "visions" in the caves? The statue was either a vision, or modified to fit a vision (I don't remember if it was still there after he got the crystal).

23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    IIRC: It didn't vanish when he grabbed the crystal.

24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I'm still wondering why they would take children to the Outer Rim. Doesn't the CIS know that the temple is there? Like, when they sent the chameleon Droids?

(BTW, the Ilum 2 parter Genndy episodes blow this out of the water)

JackG and Zeta1127 like this.
  25. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The ominous red lighting effects did vanish. What remained was a vaguely anthropomorphic rock formation. It was implied to be all in Byph's head, especially in light of how Zatt was unable to see Katoonie's crystal because the Force was guiding her specifically to it.

The CIS probably do know that the temple is there. Evidently the Republic put in place some additional security measures after Luminara and Barriss were attacked.