main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Yoda?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Georgia, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Who else thinks we will see Yoda as a Ghost in the new trilogy? He's such a popular character and I for one hope he pops up

2. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    If there will be Yoda there has to be Luke Skywalker to see him.
    Personally for me Luke Skywalker is enough from old characters.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    If they can work him in in a way that makes sense, I wouldn't mind, otherwise leave him alone.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I don't think Luke needs little Devil Obi-Wan and Angel Yoda sitting on his shoulders giving him advice. They've played their part. Time to move on.

5. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    If there's a logical story-based reason, sure. But I'd rather see them move on with new and original characters rather than rehashing old characters just for the sake of it.

6. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    I think yoda will be present.. as well as the voice of obi and ani.. (yes.. i just called them what the gungan called them.. please enjoy that for a minute) I think that its the universe as a whole and you have to build.. not rewrite.. I doubt they are thinking reboot.. I bet that as the OT is set for a very specific area and set of events, that more can be added that ties it all together.. I believe we will see yoda, darth vader, anakin, obi-wan with an explanation that obi has figured out how to make himself younger.. (hence ewan) (same concept for anakin and the way they changed it in ROTJ.) For marketing it will be epic for all of that.. and more a lets build to whats there..

7. Athiest_knight

Athiest_knight Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah I don't think we need Yoda in the movie. If any, Anikin will be the Jedi Ghost giving Luke advise.

8. mutantchair

mutantchair Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd love to see ghost yoda, anakin, and obi-wan having some good old-fashioned trade disputes.

9. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Seeing as this is a sequel to ROTJ, and they'll want as many refrences or characters from the OT as possible.

It's pretty much a guarantee force ghost appearances from not only YODA, but Obi-Wan and Anakin as well.

10. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    i think its gonna happen.. its all about continuity.. these guys are resting.. there conscience is in continued living.. its gonna happen..

11. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Oh goodness, I can see it already. The arguments of old Obi-Wan vs. young Obi-Wan force ghosts, if Ewan decides to take the role. For the boards' sake, please make him look old!

12. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Great idea. It helps create a parallel between the two trilogies-original and prequel. Father to son talk, but young anakin, the age anakin knew his wife padme was gonna have luke and leia, but when they were born he became a cyborg. Vader was only a young man, in his twenties, when he got the famous black armor suit and mechanical breathing and james earl jones voice and samurai helmet shown in Empire strikes back.

One minute, he's a handsome, long haired, mysterious looking young sith lord.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just hours later.......

[​IMG]I'm only 23 years old!!!And soon I'll be on the Star destroy like in empire strikes back, and i'll be with Tarkin. A few hours ago I looked normal and young! Nooo!!!

13. Master_Bumpy

Master_Bumpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    I personally think they're going to leave the whole EU era alone, and start 100 - 150 yrs ABY with Luke and Leia/Han's Great Grand Kids. If I'm wrong and it takes place sooner, that yeah, I think Yoda advising Luke will happen. He sells action figures.

tsunami1138 likes this.
  14. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    EVERYBODY loves and recognizes Yoda. I don't think it would be hard to incorporate him either as a Force ghost, or a holocron. He's 900 years, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a holocron stashed away somewhere.

15. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I wouldn't mind it.

16. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Yoda ghost makes sense.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    He did his job though. His arch ended. He failed to stop Sidious once, trained the catalyst for bringing back the chosen one from the Dark side to balance the force/finish what he couldn't do. He literally gave his all, his last breaths to instill confidence and wisdom to make this happen.

Let him rest in peace.

lord_eidolon likes this.
  18. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Yoda will always be with you...

Count Yubnub likes this.
  19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    More like Devil Vader and Angel Anakin, that could work...

20. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    i do suppose we could just make another Yoda like creature. I mean, we have Yaddle and Vandar...lets add another.:rolleyes:

21. Attariel

Attariel Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    I think that there should be less right in your face references to the six films. If you are going to have Yoda and Obi in it have them like the busts in the archives, or as holo recordings that show them as historical characters that they will be in the new film.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Finally ChewyCharmy will be vindicated... finally the boards will come full circle...
    [​IMG]
    ALL HAIL BLUE YODA!

LawJedi likes this.
  23. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I'm not expecting Yoda but I am expecting that we will eventually get that spin-off Yoda film we heard about years ago. I doubt Disney paid 4 billion just to have everyones favorite green Jedi sit on the shelf.

24. SoWizard

SoWizard Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    Indeed. A Yoda film could definitley work, especially since you wouldn't have to bring back existing characters because of our little green friend's age, however; I'd still like to see ghost Yoda in the ST.

I can imagine the trio (Anakin, Obi-wan and Yoda) counseling Luke in the ST. They should actually just appear as a trio when they turn up; The Big Three. As a little force ghost council.

25. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012