main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I have a good feeling that Hayden Christensen will reprise his role as Anakin Skywalker in Episode VII and the sequel trilogy. He will be a force ghost and communicate to his son Luke, and possibly his daughter Leia. Luke talked to Obi wan's ghost, he just saw his father's ghost from far away during a celebration. He never actually talked to him. Besides, who doesn't want to see Mark hamill communciate with Hayden Christensen?

Luke meets and communicates with Anakin's ghost the same way he did with Obi wan's ghost, sounds pretty cool. Father and Son talk for the first time, without Anakin being all deformed or cybernetic. What about father-daughter, Anakin's ghost talking to Leia? It seems like a nice way to tie in the 2 previous trilogies, we get to see more of Hayden^:)^[:D], and it would be kind of cool for vader (now anakin, since he turned to the light side)'s, ghost to be a character. Who agrees with me?

The Question is-will Hayden Christensen be in Episode VII? Or the sequel trilogy? Who wants him to? I do!

*Merging Threads*

2. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
  3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I don't have a problem with it, Hayden gets a bad rep for the PT because of the terrible dialogue. Besides, Sebastian Shaw passed away almost 18 years ago, if you want any real consistency with the force ghost of Anakin, it's going to have to be Hayden (like it or not).

4. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    I think this is very likely and will make the 2 trilogys feel more as 1

Luke must now bring balance to the force and i believe Mortis as i said in a previous thread will have a big part to play in episode 7

Anakins been there and knows of some of the dangers.

He also knew the inner workings of the imperial war machine

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yeah. Shaw is dead. Who else can play Anakin we can recognize. I also like how it ties in the 2 trilogies, the OT and the PT. Hayden was never really recognized as luke and leia's father. James earl jones was.

6. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    It would be good to have a scene where Luke talks to Anakin... But CGI him and use Matt Lanter to voice

instead of:

"I am a drone. I am on drugs. You underestimate my power."

7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    With Palpatine defeated, what else would the empire want to do? I don't understand your idea.

8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    You know, Matt Lanter would be a fine choice, though I doubt people would recognize that Lanter plays Anakin (a good one too) in The Clone Wars, so there wouldn't be much consistency with the films.

9. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
    Palpatine is dead but the imperial army and navy plus its leaders are still out there.

In book of sith and Darth Plageuis it is said there are many other sith in the galaxy but only two are from the bane line.

Who knows who or what the enemy will be but as in any war killing the figure head dosnt win a war.

newforce and Original Oatmeal like this.
  10. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't think we'll get young force ghost Anakin. My bets on old with obviously a recast actor.

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I actually liked young Vader/Anakin skywalker saying "You underestimate my power", before he got his legs sliced off and all burned and bald, and the Vader suit. It showed his creepy evilness, and it helped to create more parallels between father and son.

A young skywalker boy from Tattoine is taken away by a Jedi knight away from his home on an adventure, where he destroys a massive spaceship in an explosion at the ending space battle, that helps the good guys win the war against the bad guys, becomes trained by Obi wan kenobi, got his right hand cut off in a duel with Palpatine's Sith Lord (dooku and anakin), got a robotic hand, in a 3-way fight with the Emperor, cut off the hand of the Sith Lord who maimed them, and had a choice to spare him or not, so Palpatine could get a new apprentice, cut off the hand of someone in another 3-way fight with the Emperor before making the choice to join or turn away from the darkside, both were tempted by Palpatine, both were tempted to the darkside by the power to save others, are both the stories of Luke and Anakin. Not to mention all the dialogue similarities. "Your thoughts betray you, fullfill your destiny-emperor".

Lucas made the storyline of father and son parraell and mirror each other to a T, he copied the same story for each of them, showing how Luke truly followed his father's footsteps. Therefore, having dialogue like "you underestimate my power", creates a connection between the father-son/luke-anakin storylines.

Luke told Jabba not to underestimate his power. Before being burned in the lava that led to him getting the suit, anakin saying "you underestimate my power", was a good idea.

12. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Oh no. Hopefully not. The reason for that is, the audience wouldn't recognize or care about old anakin. They only saw young anakin. Older anakin was in some samurai suit, with a head that looked like an egg. Having a healthy, older anakin, the audience wouldnt connect with him as much as the younger Hayden anakin.

13. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    There cant be other sith in the Sequel films. Anakin destroyed the Sith, fullfilling his space savior role. It would totally ruin that if there were other sith.

What would the imperial army, navy, leader, and officers want to do? They were all drafted, so they wouldnt care now that Palps was defeated.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  14. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope not. I don't have hate for the actor or the PT, but I felt like the scene with the force ghost in ROTJ was a send off for those three dead characters. Kinda like since the new hope won, they could finally cross over together

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I would like to see it work, I don't see how it will because my imagination isn't that good, but I'd like to see it work.

16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I don't understand what you mean. I mean, I don't get what your idea and you're trying to say.

17. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
    Anakin defeated the sith in the film (Palpatine)

The were more sith in the galaxy which are explained in book of sith and Darth Plageuis but they didnt dessend the Bane line.

There was also the Dark Son on Mortis who wanted to rule the galaxy. (clone wars)

Clone wars, book of sith and Darth Plageuis all mention Mortis and the father, son and daughter plus Mother Talzin

As for the war being over there would of been planets and leaders who supported the empire as there were seperatists who supported Dooku.

When Dooku died Grevious took over the war effort.

Vader and paplatine died and someone else would of commanded the imperial fleet

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    They were drafted. With the leaders dead, they have no desire to serve anymore.

Also, what would their objective be as villians? Every villian has an objective. A third death star?

Why would it matter if they supported the Empire? As long as they didn't do anything evil like a death star.

Anakin was the Chosen One. He destroyed the Sith forever. Agree? If there are other Sith in episode 7, it kinda ruins the whole space Jesus role anakin was supposed to play.

What was the prophecy about?

19. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011

Clones were grown not drafted and some planets and leaders supported the empire and there views.

Even if some were drafted they might of been fighting for what they believed.

Just because you win a war dosnt mean you totally eliminate your enemys.

there objective would be to rule the galaxy there way like any other villan

Not everything is black and white and if you believe there would be no one to fight in episode 7 it kinda makes your thread and the movie a waste of time.

20. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    I might have been a bit vague, let me try again.

I felt that the force ghost only existed to help out Luke and to overthrow the sith. The jedi weren't about immoratlity and only hung onto the physical realm for selfless reasons; i.e. to help Luke. At the end of the return of the jedi, I thought the scene with Anakin, Yoda and Obi-wan was them waving goodbye to Luke. They were ready to move into the netherworld of the force since their mission was accomplished.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes. There has to be a villian. I never said there shouldnt have been a villian.

I guess the draftees who didn't care about the war or just served out of fear, what did the rebels do to them? What if they agreed to surrender? What if they agreed to stop fightning and leave the war after the empire was destroyed?

Why did the clone army do whatever Palpatine said? In episode 3 they betrayed the republic and killed Jedi just for the sake of obeying an evil man. Lame.

Why would it matter if some planets supported the Empire? The Empire only used the death star on one planet, they werent a threat to the entire galaxy. Besides, the death stars were destroyed, and didn't mean anything anymore.

22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    would be good with it as long as it fit into the story well, and wasn't hokey.

Let's be clear about one thing: NO ONE ELSE should play his voice or body if he IS featured in any way, that would be ridiculous.

Mata2010 and obi-rob-kenobi4 like this.
  23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What do you mean move on to the Netherworld of the Force? Yoda said it was immortality- eternal life, living forever. Once you are in the Netherworld you can't return. What is the netherworld anyway? The force is created by all life, meaning all the cells of everything create the force. How can an organic substance created by my cells create an afterlife? That's like a priest/pastor saying that my cells create god and heaven and hell.

Obi wan anakin and yoda had qui gon had eternal life together. But anakin was eternally seperated from Padme, which was a punishment for him turning evil to save her. Poetic justice.

What do you mean by "overthrow the sith"? Luke and Leia didn't overthrow the sith. The rebels did. Regardless of whether or not Anakin killed the Emperor, the death star still would've been destroyed, along with it's military leaders, officials, emperor, anakin. That's how the rebels won the war. I don't see in the least how Luke helped defeat the Empire. He may have been a war hero/soldier, but he wasnt the only hope to the galaxy. Please explain that. I dont get how luke is a new hope.

Did the Jedi want to wipe out the Sith just because they were Sith, or because Palpatine was a dictator with the death star? He only used it two planets. He wasnt a threat to the galaxy overall. What if he got rid of the death star? He may have done evil, but why were the Jedi trying to overthrow the sith? What if Palpatine and Vader retired from political office and lived as lone sith hermits? Would the jedi still destroy them even then?

24. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yeah. If they include anakin, only hayden. No matt lanter or some middle aged or old man.

25. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Luke and Leia were not needed to overthrow the Empire. It could have happened without them