main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Did anyone else love the Mon Cala arc?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheAvengerButton, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I am very aware of the problems that people have with this arc, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Lots of great Clone War action on a familiar planet with an awesome baddie. I also loved Shadow Warrior, which kinda ties into the arc what with the Gungans and all.

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I did except for the Prince and lack of Tikkes.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It was awesome

InterestingLurker likes this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Didn't hate this and do think it is underrated. In the season 5 thread I listed several episodes and even an arc I think is worse. Sorry its to much of a pain to Cut and Paste on my Kindle. You can read it there.The main problem was the dark, murky, boring underwater setting and the prince himself.

5. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I wasn't a very big fan of it. I think the battle was handled better and with more variety in the microseries.

6. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I thought Akbar's "It's an attack!" line was funny and I always like Kit Fisto when he's on screen.I thought Riff Tamson was actually rather sinister.
    Overall I enjoyed the arc.

7. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    The lighting of the dark murkey water ruined it for me. And that shark guy was just dumb.

8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The shark guy was badass and had the best death in the series.

9. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    pretty violent death... Surprised they showed it.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It's an Attack which then turns into It's a Trap :p

11. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Shadow Warrior made me nostalgic for the Mon Cala arc. :p

It was reasonable. Perhaps it was too protracted, but it was quite fun in retrospect. The shot of Gungans diving into the sea from the ventral hangar opening of the VSD was one of TCW's finest, superbly communicating the scale of the thing and the army sent to fight on Dac. The fact that Gungans are involved in a Jedi/clone-spearheaded mission was a nice hint at the scale and diversity of the Republic.

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    There were good elements yes, such as the aforementioned Tamson, Gungans on Dac, and Kit Fisto. But there was no need for Anakin, Ahsoka, Padmé, or the Price. More than anything, the Prince's cliched storyline was what let it down for me.

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  14. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I really liked that arc. Favorite part was the squid droids making whirlpools. That said, it could have been two episodes instead of three.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The whirlpools were pretty badass. I do think Riff Tamsom or whatever was one of the better parts of that arc. Sharks are cool.

16. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I really enjoyed this arc. It had tons of action. Riff Tamson was a menacing villain; I loved the way he killed people, like a true shark. I like how the Gungans showed they have a formidable standing army and helped the republic when they needed help.

The one thing I didn't care for was having Anakin, Asohka and Padme there. It would of been way better off if it was just Kit Fisto and the story revolved around him and the liberty of Mon Cala.

17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    AK: I couldn't agree more. It makes sense that Jedi (especially Fisto) were there in a peace-promoting role. I can even tolerate that Anakin and Ahsoka were present, considering the situation is a good place for Ahsoka to learn her future purpose as a Jedi counselor. As for the prince, while not unnecessary, I'm not sure I met anyone that liked his characterization. Honestly, I wish they'd simply rip off The Lion King. Padme? She can go away, please.
    DF: I think two eps would have been appropriate for two reasons: a shorter/concise story would probably be more impressive and powerful; and it would free production for a two-part Shadow Warrior. But I digress.

18. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    It was enjoyable, nothing spectacular but the Prince really screwed this arc up IMO.

It also would of been nice if Padme wasn't shoehorned in, I could deal without Anakin too, Ahsoka I could live with because her underwater suit was actually unique. Would of been nice to introduce a new underwater type Jedi as well to go with Fisto.

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The entire time I watched the Fish Prince arc I kept imagining Ackbar bursting into song.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  20. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This was in the suggested videos at the end. I love TCW but this was funny..

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Heh -- yeah, that never gets old.:p

22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't have a clue what Mon Cala is, but I have heard of something similar called Mon Calamari.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

You always say that! :D

This is how The Battle of Dac should have been done. No need for the Anakin/Padme poodoooooo...

Tell me about it. The show loves to cut separatist things but they left in the arc the horrible and the vile Anakin that were really not supposed to be there and were just phoned in by Lucas.

Indeed. That was quite awesome but grusome.

THIS!!!! ALL HAIL TIKKES!

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My canon was offended as well.;)

25. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh that's new. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.