main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Anakin's Visions

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chewbacca89, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I was curious how Palpatine knew of Anakin's visions that Padme would die. Did Anakin confide in Palpatine about them? Or was Palpatine responsible for them?

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Once again, we should ask George Lucas about these plot holes.

Anyway, we never saw Anakin telling him about that. He did tell Yoda know. I don't know if Yoda knew that the person anakin told yoda he was afraid of losing was a woman, which would lead Yoda to finding out anakin was married, or at least in a relationship.

No, Palpatine did not confide in Anakin about them.

Either telepathy or Palpatine was responsible for them.

Palpatine knew that anakin was married to Padme.

3. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Everything had gone as Sidious had foreseen. He knew that Anakin would fall to the dark side and that ultimately he would become his apprentice. Perhaps because he was Dark Lord of the Sith and I guess the most powerful force user in the entire galaxy, he could see things others couldn't. Heck, he remained in the heart of Coruscant and dealing with Jedi regularly without getting noticed. Needless to say, his power or even influence of the force would have enabled him to foresee things or be aware of things that others weren't, ie Anakin's nightmares.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I believe that Palpatine was responsible for the visions.

5. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    The Force did it.

Seriously, though, was Palpatine actually aware of Anakin's visions, or was he merely smart enough to realise exactly who Anakin was concerned about? Does he even mention any visions?

I'm guessing Palps' Force abilities were strong enough to sense that Anakin's worries were broad strokes like "Fear of the death of a loved one". Not actual mind-reading, but he probably sensed resonances with what ever emotions Anakin must have expressed after Shmi's death, was aware of Anakin & Padme's romance (through less supernatural means), was able to sense when Anakin was thinking about Padme, then simply put 2+2 together.

I don't think he caused the visions, that was Anakin's own fear of loss getting out of control. Palps merely exploited Anakin's fears to his own advantage.

And yeah, the Force did it.

Chewbacca89 and oierem like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.