main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What plotline, character or scene in the entire Saga irritates you the most?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Hudnall, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    So the reason that Luke was fighting Vader and trying to redeem him had nothing to do with specieism. That makes sense.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    How come it took Vader a few minutes of watching Luke getting tortured by the Emperor before he turned his back on them? He was trying to decide if he should save his son or let him die, choose his son or the emperor. It had nothing to do with him feeling sorry for doing bad things like the Death Star.

3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes, the darkside made Anakin enslave and wipe out the galaxy's non human species. That is what he was redeemed from.

4. codex of tython

codex of tython Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2012
    Kardue'sai'Malloc, also known as labria, really irritates me! (cantina scene in episode IV)
    An alien looking like a devil, really?? George's crew didn't have inspiration i guess.
    The second thing, which everyone clearly hates, are the midi-chlorians.
    [​IMG]

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What's wrong with midichlorians? It gaves star wars a science fiction, or a supehero type feel to it. Enough mysticism and magic and witchcraft and energy and stuff like that. It's cliche and cheesy.

Besides, the force was never really spiritual in the first place. It was energy created by cells. Sound spiritual? Not at all? Spiritual substances are like people who have near death experiecnes and see lights, supernatural beings, like God or something. My cells can't create God. My cells cant create a netherworld/afterlife.

6. codex of tython

codex of tython Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't want the science fiction/ superhero feeling, i want the original Star Wars feeling. Lucas ruined the lives of thousands original trilogy fans by inventing the midi-chlorians. It doesn't make any sense why he would do such a thing.
    I know i wasn't born in the time that the original trilogy appeared but that doesn't change the fact that he screwed up my (and thousands other fans) vision of the force.

7. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

It's possible that a small part of him was relieved. And yes, that would have made Luke seem kind of selfish and ungrateful. Then again, Luke wasn't a saint. Just like the other characters.

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    ...aaaaand he's back!
    He was redeemed from the dark side. Not all dark side users enslave others.

9. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I don't get what you're trying to say. Please be more specific. I'm not arguing, I just don't understand your point.

10. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    I'm saying that he was not redeemed from being a person who was mean to aliens - that was just part of the stuff he did as a darksider. The bigger picture is that Anakin was redeemed from the dark side.

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes, but the only reason the darkside is bad was because the Sith were mean to aliens and used the death star. I don't get what you mean by the bigger picture.

12. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    THE DARK SIDE IS NOT BAD ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE MEAN TO ALIENS. THE DARK SIDE IS BAD BECAUSE THEY ARE MEAN TO EVERYBODY. THE ORIGINAL SITH WERE ALL ALIENS. THE SITH HAVE EXISTED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS WITHOUT USING THE DEATH STAR. MANY OF THE IMPORTANT ONES WERE ALIENS.

13. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Ya don't like X men? Its pretty awesome sci fi. Anyway, back on topic.

The Force was never spiritual/religious/magic in the first place. I mean, it was created by all life. The cells created the Force. An energy field in the background is science fiction. What did Yoda mean by humans are luminious beings? Did the Force exist before life? Or does the force need life to exist? So, my cells, create an energy field, that's just energy. Nothing religious or magical or spiritual. Very sci fi.

The original concept of the Force in the OT was science ficiton.

Besides, how can my cells create auras and a Jedi afterlife, which are spiritual and supernatural energies and substances and places, when my cells are organic material? Even without the midichlorinas, the Force makes absoultley no sense.

Maybe I'm missing something from the movies. Can you give some input? I'm very confused about the Force.

14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
  15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!

[​IMG]

You said the original sith were all aliens and many of the important sith were aliens. That's true. I read the expanded universe and I noticed that.

You said the darkside is not just bad because of the aliens. Even without the alien discrimination and genocide, the darkside is bad. You claimed it is bad because they are mean to everybody. What do you mean by that? The death Star! How is destroying entire planets, an apocaylpse, not evil? Who knows how many planets the empire planned to destroy before the rebels defeated them? Other than the Death Star, and not hiring aliens in the military and being mean to them, how were the Sith evil to the galaxy? If they existed for millenia without the death star, then I guess they werent evil. Please be more specific.

16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    You didnt answer my questions. Sorry, I dont mean to argue, I'm just confused on complicated story and fantasy elements.

17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Did you read the article?
    You are probably confused because you are comparing and measuring Star Wars based on other sci-fi and fantasy you know. But Star Wars is different. It is its own thing. The Force can't be understoof through studying magic because the Force is the Force. You can't explain it with other fantasy because it is unique.

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    So the Force isnt magic? Or is it?

Magic=supernatural power that can be manipulated

Wizards and witches=magic users.

Jedi=force users

Force=supernatural

Jedi=wizards

Leia=witch....

codex of tython likes this.
  19. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    The Force is not magic. The Force is the Force. It is an original concept.

20. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Umm. I still don't get it. That's like saying that Eco in the Jak and daxter trilogy video game series isn't magic, which it is. It's supernatural energy power.

Let me ask a question. What is magic? Defintion of magic? From your POV?

21. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    I'm going to repeat.
    The Force is an orginal concept.
    Dragons in Dungeons and Dragons and dragons in Dragonlance are all dragons. But if I write a book series with a winged, scaled creature called the greenblah, it's not a dragon. It's a greenblah.

codex of tython likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The midi-chlorian thing doesn't bother me. Sure it takes away from the mythic feel of the Force and the OT but I can't really think of a solid way that the Jedi can use to find people who are Force-sensitive. Unless you want to do what Luke does in the Jedi Academy Trilogy, ha ha lol.

23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes, its an original concept, but another concept is still there-a supernatural power that can be controlled by will to do things with. What defines magic in ur opinion? Not all magic has to have spells or brooms or wands or potions. That is one type of magic. Not all magic is harry potter or sabrina magic.

The force is based on Chi, another supernatural power, aka magic.

24. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    The Force is not based on Chi. The Force is the Force.

25. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    It doesnt botter me either. It was nessecary though, it measured the Jedis superpowers.

I have a question. How is star wars a myth? Star wars is not a myth. The oddesey and Zeus and Romlus and remus are mythology, not star wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.