main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, great username. Hope you're doing okay. My sister just got back to her home in Lower Manhattan. I, however, was unaffected in my little slice of Brooklyn.

Jinn-N-Tonic likes this.
  2. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    The Episode 7 forum is already up on IMDB. It's a madhouse, and I'm sure over the next two years, it's going to make the Dark Knight forums look positively tame.

3. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    Thanks and I hope you and your sister is doing okay as well. As for NYC, from what I can see from watching the news, it looks like staten island got the worst of it as well as my area down at the Jersey Shore.

Back to SW E VII, as it was a really great surprise for me to learn about it.

4. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    So I just put myself in "star wars rehab" six months ago. After reading The Secret History of Star Wars, and watching The People VS George Lucas, I realized my fandom revolved around my hate of Star Wars.

When I found out about e7, I was shocked. But now I am so stoaked to have another Star Wars movie to look forward to. And if it sucks, I don't care. But everything I disliked about the PT has been taken out of the equation so I'm hopefull.

That Bad Huh likes this.
  5. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Uh oh... I'm fully sucked back in already! When the week started I was somewhere around 1800 posts... I just hit 2000?!!?

6. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I found out the same way, on Thursday, using a public library computer to check my email since my house still had no power. I'm still dealing with all of this. But I'm trying to be positive, loathe Disney 'though I do. I have two takes on it:

1. At least we'll finally get to see a truly non-commercial film from Lucas. As a Lucas-fan that excites me way more than endless Disney-produced SW movies.

2. Peter Jackson has completely invaded and darkened my love for Tolkien with this inane/crummy movies. I don't want that to happen with SW. I'm going to try to not let it happen. So I'm going to roll with it. Who knows, that animated Willow series might actually happen now...

Jinn-N-Tonic likes this.
  7. That Bad Huh

That Bad Huh Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm back on this site (new username) after several years of inactivity. A lot has changed. I'd fallen off the Star Wars wagon. I'd become pessimistic about the entire franchise. But man, I was on my way back home from a work-related trip when I heard the news on the radio and BOOM, I was back.

The speculation, the rumours, the arguments over whether or not so-and-so is a clone...I'm right back to 2002. I'm right back to what was such a big part of my teenage years/early adult life. I'm right back to my love for Star Wars.

THIS IS SO EXCITING. I'm pumped.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  8. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Im a child of the PT, I was born out of Episode Ones awesomeness. I love Jar Jar and laughed everytime he was on the screen. And Maul is legendary. The OT hosts my favorite Starwars movies. But lets face it, some of us would not be fans were it not for the PT.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was raised on the OT, saw them all in the theatre, and was an early member of the original fanclub. That said, I would have moved on with my life with those films as simply good memories. The only reason I care at all in 2012 is because of the PT.

10. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Nothing like the feeling of floodgates opening!

11. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    I have to admit - i'm all excited again. It's like 1997 when i read in polish newspaper that there will be new trilogy about Vader's past.
    Till 2005 it was a great time with speculating, gathering with friends and breaking down into pieces every moment of prequels movies.
    I'm feeling again like 12year old boy who is sitting on fan pages and looking for every news about new trilogy - for that i can sincerely thank to Lucas and Disney.
    The most electrifying so far is fact that we do not know what the story will be about - that mystery makes me impatient ;)
    I know that official site suggesting that Ep 1 - Ep 6 are Skywalker Saga and next Episodes will center on totally different lineage.
    But honestly i don't believe that - i'm pretty sure that there will be next Skywalker - yeah a female lead padawan/master Jedi could make the difference.
    Also R2D2 and C3PO are must be in those movies and maybe Mark Hamill as Luke in supporting role.
    Hell there can be also a death in the end of Episode 7 (if there will be a character from Ep 4 - Ep 6) which may be an SW echo (Qui-Gonn in Ep 1 and Obi-Wan in Ep 4).
    Sorry for my english - i'm from Poland.

12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I was born in '79 and grew up with the OT, but Star Wars was never a big part of my life until I saw the midnight premiere of TPM in 99. To this day that was the most exhilirating experience I've ever had at the movies. I remember having no idea what was happening on that screen or what any of it meant in relation to the OT, but just being overjoyed and cheering along with the rest of the audience throughout the movie. It was only months afterwards when I started discussing the plot with a co-worker and I began to understand what it all meant that my love of Star Wars became a passion, and I followed the development of the next two movies with great ebullience. In the years since ROTS was released and the Saga was at last (seemingly) complete, my appreciation for George Lucas's creation only grew, yet I had lost that overwhelming sense of excitement that came from knowing there was more of this world to explore. Until now. When I first heard the news about this I was floored and my first reaction was a totally cynical one, but the more information I devoured the more excited I became and the more I began to see the big picture, and now it is truly amazing to behold. Once again and possibly even more than ever, this is a thrilling time to be a fan!

13. aeods

aeods Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    Yeah I was raised on the OT on the old VHS, but I was really a child of the PT, as I was 7 when TPM came out. Whilst I see them for what they were, I still enjoy them and still respect their place. I hope the ST will not be to me like the PT was to many of the older folk on here.

14. Barra_Jedi

Barra_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    I wasn't really talking about her in particular, I was speaking generally just as she was. :cool:

15. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I remember back in the 80's even the "older folk" at the time were complaining about Return of the Jedi. Star Wars has a certain feel to it, warts and all. I guess it just depends on how much you are willing to embrace that feeling that is tied to how much you enjoy the movies. I can only imagine if Return of the Jedi came out today. Ewoks?! ANOTHER DEATH STAR?? The internet would explode with anger!

If you guys have never seen it (though I'm sure the savvy vets here have), check out some excerpts from an early "internet" type discussion about Return of the Jedi through Usenet which was one of the first forms of email/discussion boards: http://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/flashbackto1983.html

EviL_eLF likes this.
  16. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Yep, back after something like a 5-6 year hiatus...[face_party]

DarthKreVass and That Bad Huh like this.
  17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i guess my point was that those who have been here for years having a high post count is more a matter of attrition than anything else. *shrugs* no biggie either way.

18. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm 36 but i feel like a little kid on christmas knowing i will see STAR WARS in the theater again [face_praying]

19. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    me too I am so excited about this

20. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm 34 and feel the exact same way. All the speculation is driving me insane. Cant wait untill 2015 :)

Do you guys think we might see a teaser trailer xmas next year, or is that to early if they start filming next year also ??

poundpuppy29 likes this.
  21. vaderstoejam

vaderstoejam Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    I am vaders nad, join me

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Lol. Nah, man. It's too soon for any trailers. I'm guessing we won't see actual footage trailers until 2014. I'd expect there will be one showing the Episode VII title with background Star Wars music and dialogue from the OT some time in the next two years, though.

23. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I just thought, no matter what they do, it will pretty hard to beat the first 30 minutes go ROTS :)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
  25. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    And I'm 35! haha. Yep, We're a bunch of big kids on here! Soo Excited for this!

poundpuppy29 and Vicious Jedi like this.