main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
  2. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    They're all going to be back guys! I know it seems too good to be true but it's going to happen!

3. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    I know - it feels so unreal!

Anakins_Real_Father and Voss like this.
  4. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    That two-faced mother scratcher. I could kiss him.

UseTheForceLady likes this.
  5. That Bad Huh

That Bad Huh Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    The thing about these guys coming back is, that no one wants to see who these characters would really have become in the intervening 30 years. I mean, what people want is Han Solo out there smuggling and shooting first. But if they get that, it could be silly (see also: Indiana Jones and the One With the Aliens). And if you give them a more realistic movie, where Han Solo is now a cranky old govt contractor helping develop new systems or something equally boring...it's just that -- boring.

I think the Han Solo is just a character that has to be young in order to work. But maybe I'm wrong.

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Ah, I was just about to post this. I'll quote the juiciest bit, anyway:

I can’t believe that we’re here, talking about this. Not hypothetically, but talking about it as something that could actually happen. I just can’t believe it.

I always thought Ford would be the Bill Murray in all this. Hopefully this report is true and I was wrong.

7. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    In the EU, the character of Han Solo isn't dead as of 45 ABY. If GL, KK, and the writers have in mind for Han to appear just to go out and Ford is willing to return--I can't think of a better way to go out than in Episode VII.

AbelothIsSexy likes this.
  8. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Everything there makes sence - and even some of us on here have speculated it, just didn't really believe it would happen:

It's not like Ford is in every movie these days, Kathleen has taken over, an appleal of these films will be the OT, GL not directing OR writing - It all works in his favour.

9. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    This could be interesting....

10. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Nah
    He's just there for continuity. He'll be kind of like Lando in ESB, "I've got supply problems and junk"

And the new stars will be like, "your boring old man" and then throw him into space.

11. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    Regardless of what he's said and done over the years..... the guy did Indiana Jones again. If presented with the chance prior to the present... he would have jumped at the chance to be Han Solo again. Its just one of those things, i think, where knowing Lucas, he never believed if could happen, and so he really didn't entertain the possibility in public. But the impact of Han Solo was a once in a lifetime thing.. And if you get the chance to do it again…. You don’t pass that up. Not even if you are Harrison Ford. Especially not at his age. Although Hollyweird has changed some in recent years, there still aren’t a lot of big roles for senior citizens. If he doesn’t know it, his managers surely do.

12. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    Well he did come back as Indy, and some thought that would never happen.

13. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    But seriously...

WHAT THE WHAT???

I have just lost 200 milion $ in the last two weeks

100 mil for SW:E7
    100 mil for Ford saying, 'sure awesome'.

UseTheForceLady and GeneralCeel like this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, this just made my night. Excellent news!

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. UseTheForceLady

UseTheForceLady Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    Totally shocked that Ford would even consider it!!! Not sure how I feel about it as I was pretty sold on the idea of just Hamill returning to pass on the torch.

fishtailsam likes this.
  16. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    But he loved Indy, and loved working with Spielburg
    Solo and Lucas... not so much. Thats why this works, <<KKennedy>>
    We should all write her a thank you letter... well, lets see how good the movie is first.

17. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I don't know. I think most people were OK with his part of Crystal Skull.
    When I was watching Cowboys and Aliens, I found myself thinking how much Ford's character played like an old Han Solo. Afterall, Han Solo is basically just a western cowboy in space.

AbelothIsSexy and fishtailsam like this.
  18. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    Han and Chewie!!!!! ...In the Falcon!! [face_party]

19. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I'm beginnin' to agree with ya.

Anakins_Real_Father likes this.
  20. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Well, I'm swallowing a big grain of salt right about now but this is indeed interesting. I don't remember Ford ever saying much besides negative rumblings about the Saga in the past so this is quite a change. We shall see, I suppose.

JainaSoloYJK and fishtailsam like this.
  21. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    I hope he's not "scruffy looking" this time round.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  22. UseTheForceLady

UseTheForceLady Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    Are you going to call me?

23. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    That, and I saw and met billy dee Williams at the Winnipeg comic con this weekend. He was asked in his q and a if he would appear in 7, he said "sure, if they pay me enough money. Lando/Han the winning ticket for 2015 ;-)

24. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    Indiana Jones and Han Solo are not THAT much different either. They are both ruff and tumble on the outside, with a heart of gold on the inside, though perhaps from "different sides of the tracks." I enjoyed the heck out of both Crytstal Skull and Cowboys & Aliens. I think among fanboys Crystal skull faced the same uphill battle than any Han Solo appearance in EP7 will, the rose-colored glasses of time. People faced the same hang-ups with the Prequels. The films didn’t make them feel the same as they did seeing the OT. They chalked it up to flaws in the PT, but the real issue is that THEY had changed with time… as is to be expected, though too rarely recognized.

25. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I can see Han and Leia being killed in the beginning of the first movie. Please. Ford looked ridiculous in the last Indy movie.