main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT POLL: Let's settle this once and for all...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ridley Solo, Nov 5, 2012.

?

How did YOU feel about the Prequels?

1. They all suck. End of story.

5 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. They were OK in some places, but not as good as the OT

26 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. They complete the Saga- just as good as the OT

30 vote(s)
    44.1%
  4. They leave the OT in the dust

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Prequels are the pinnacle of filmmaking

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Please, no arguements this time about why 'my opinion is right' Just let the votes speak for themselves.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I'm narrowed down between a few choices. I can't choose!

3. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Its never going to be "settled once and for all". There is no such thing. Art is subjective.

The bandwagoners are going to vote for negativity like they always do to keep their hip-to-hate trend alive and the actual proud SW fans who appreciate the Saga and its creator are going to vote positively. Everyone else will simply be driven by their own personal favorite/nit-pick/bias and vote somewhere in the middle.

At the end of the day there is no more PT or OT just one complete Saga. --even more so than ever now that Disney is making more films.

I vote for the OS (Original Saga) by George Lucas.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Mnhay27 like this.
  4. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Option 2 is probably the closest to my feelings. The PT was good to great, but still not as great as the OT.

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    In my opinion, the prequels made the originals more complete and enjoyable and entertaining to watch.

Knowing vader's backstory is awesome, how he was all handsome before he got the suit.

CircaCitadel and obi-rob-kenobi4 like this.
  6. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 26, 2005
    In no way does this poll settle things "once and for all." Nor should its question be "settled," since it's just subjective opinion.

Also, the options are flawed. There is a middle ground between "OK in some places" and "Just as good as the OT." Someone can put the prequels below the OT and still think that they were very good.

7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    You can't end this once and for all. It must stand trial.

[​IMG]

8. Mnhay27

Mnhay27 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    That's very true. I think that option should be added or this poll should be scrapped and a new one started. Also, the option "They leave the OT in the dust" is redundant IMHO

9. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I voted option 2 but that doesn't accurrately reflect my opinion.

I feel that the OOT is the greatest. There are three or so other movies that I feel are as great as the individual OOTs. Those movies are not the PT. The PT falls into my second favorite group of movies.
    In other words all three of the OOT and three or four other movies are my all time faves. The PT and about 20-30 other movies are second tier. Then movies I really like but not as much as PT are tier 3. Tier 4 I enjoy but could live w/o. Tier 5 is the movies that were iffy. And tier 6 would be all the movies I didn't like or the countless films I don't want to see.
    The SEs are kind of strange in that I would put them between tiers 1 and 2 as they broke the near-perfect status of the OOTs for me but are still preferable to the PT.

10. Mnhay27

Sep 4, 2012
    Exactly. That's the problem with this poll. Those people who think the prequels are good overall but not quite up there with the OT effectively have no say. The outcome, then, WILL NOT be an accurate representation of how people really feel about the prequels.

A fairer poll would be something like:

How do you rate the prequels?

- Poor
    - Average
    - Good
    - As good as the OT
    - Better than the OT

11. Sethian Eber

Sethian Eber Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    I would vote somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd option if I could. I hold the OT to a higher standard and for many years disowned the PT. Kids have made me change my mind (along with 'sobering up' to the RLM guy's highly opinionated rhetoric which is flawed in most spots and applies to all films including the OT). I accepted them as SW films and moved on. Upon watching them, since I was aware of the flaws I could look past them and I was surprised to find myself enjoying them. The original 'phantom edit' was praised with many saying that 'who knew there was a good film hidden inside of a bad one?'. You don't need to edit it to see it, you just need to look past the flaws, flaws that the OT also has but I was too young to notice or care. Noticing fans who were kids during the PT era becoming older and acknowledging the flaws but still liking the films. Either that or they succumb to internet group think and fashionable hatred.

12. Mnhay27

Sep 4, 2012
    So we have yet another person who wants to vote "good, but not as good as OT" but cannot.

I'll say it again:This poll should be scrapped and replaced with a fair one.

13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Good. But nothing beats the Original(s).

14. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    During my last saga marathon, it was a lot harder to sit through ROTJ than TPM (Jar Jar's antics included). It's also a few niggling annoyances that prevent ROTS to be on par with ANH and ESB: balcony scene, Palpatine's weird faces, McGregor's strange delivery in a couple of places, diminishing of Padme's role (bring back the formation of the Republic), the infamous Nooo! (I didn't think it was ridiculous, but it could have been done better), etc. Some butchering of JW's score didn't help either. So my favorite trilogy is ROTS, ANH and ESB. Which means I can't really vote on the poll :)

obi-rob-kenobi4 and Mnhay27 like this.
  15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What was wrong with Darth Vader screaming NOOOOO??? His wife just died... Besides, people complain that Darth Vader was a whiny teenager. They're absolutley correct. However, Luke and Anakin's storyline were explicity created to have many parallels to each other. Remember this?? Luke and Anakin had parallels such as being skywalkers from Tattoine, they had the choice to succumb or resist the darkside after cutting off someone's hand, both had robotic right hands because they lost their real hand in a duel with Palpatine's Sith Apprentice, both were tempted by Palpatine, tempted to save others, remember? So, having the whiny NOOOO, just creates more parallels.....

[​IMG]

Like Father, Like Son!

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  16. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I voted for #3, but my mind is somewhere between #3 & #4

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Somewhere between option 2 and 3 for me. The Prequels were great in a lot of places and almost as good as the OT but not quite there for me. The PT and the OT together do complete the saga though.

18. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    This matter will never be settled once and for all.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  19. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    "They were OK in some places, but not as good as the OT"

This. I have my share of complaints but I cannot deny that every time I saw a trailer for one of the prequels, I lost sleep over how amazing they were. When I saw the films, I was underwhelmed a little but certainly not offended or feeling ripped off but instead seeing that some potential had really been missed. That said, Ewan McGregor played Obi Wan brilliantly while Ian McDiarmid was more malevolent than ever in his role(s). The battle scenes were incredible, though some a little drawn out and exhausting. I also enjoyed the "moods" captured in Episode 3.

20. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Okay . . . fine. I love the Prequels just as much as I do the Originals.

21. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    I
    I wholeheartedly agree! :)

22. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    I have a nostalgic preference for the PT but I love all the films.

tuskinraiderfromhell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.