main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Unless we see Anakin and Leia reconcile their differences I only want Anakin to appear in a lost hologram message or something.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Agreed. Archived holorecordings in the Temple would be fine, but otherwise Anakin should not be in the ST. His arc his finished.

3. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    What if George's treatments disagree with you?

This isn't idle speculation, SW.com posted an elaborate video abt Anakin on the same day Ep VII was announced; it's got us speculating.

I for one think it could be very powerful and effective if done with care.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Well then we have to accept that Anakin has more of a role to play. I thought it ended perfectly except for the whole Vader/Leia thing. To me when we saw the Force ghosts at the end of ROTJ it meant we reached the perfect end point for them and that it was time for Luke make his own choices and mistakes. He is a Jedi Knight. Good one? That's up for debate but Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin should let him do his own thing. Those 3 are of the the old Jedi and Luke is the first of the new.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  5. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't believe he will appear in the ST, because Anakin's story has been told, and by the time the ST takes place the big 3 will already be much older than Anakin was when he died. They will have had their own longer life experiences, Luke will probably be a Jedi Master, he'll be the wise old sage to the next generation. I think that Leia and Luke will have made peace with who their father was both for good and bad, in Luke's case he already has. If Hayden Christiansen appears it will be as a hologram or as a new character.

6. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Anakin Skywalker is pretty? No, pretty is a term used for girls and women, not men. Handsome is a term used for men.

Also, are you saying that hayden christensen should play a greek god adonis in a movie? What?

7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Anakin reconcile with Leia. Well, Anakin did torture his daughter and kill Bail Organa, her adoptive father, and queen breha, her adopted mother, and billions on Alderaan. Father-daughter conflict. Leia really was daddy's little girl though. She had an angry, quick, temper, like Anakin, and dont forgot the Jabba choking scene. Leia told Anakin he was bold. Nice compliment to your father, you silly little teenage girl rebel? Well, Leia was 19, so was Luke, in ANH. She was part of the rebel alliance.

Stop copying your mother's haircut! Like mother, like daughter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    She is the daughter of a dictator. Interesting. Leia's very existence is the reason her father turned to the darkside and became a tyrant Sith Lord. Had Padme never gotten pregnant, the Galactic Empire never would've existed, because Anakin wouldn't save the Emperor from Mace windu to save his wife who was pregnant with
    [​IMG]
    Darth Vader being Luke's father, remember famous ESB quote, is the very reason he is evil and created the Empire. Interesting.

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Palpatine would have gone ahead with the Empire with or without Anakin/Vader. Anakin/Vader was a helpful tool.

9. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    I hope so. I would LOVE to see Hayed Christensen as a Force Ghost. He was absolutely fantastic as Anakin and weather you agree or not it can only be him that plays the role.

I would LOVE for Force Ghost Anakin, Force Ghost Obi-wan, Force Ghost Yoda and Force Ghost Qui-Gon to make dramatic appearances all played by the real actors.

And its very possible too. Ewan Mcgregor has already stated in a twitter post that he "would love to come back for any obi-wan scenes." They could uses CGI ageing for them and CGI de-ageing for Luke. Ewan already famously looks like Alec so they wouldn't even have to age him too much, just a tiny bit.

Mark, Ford and Carrie playing Luke, Han and Leia with Han finally getting his death scene and scene. Chewbaca and Boba Fett can be back no problem as well. There is no reason why an old lando cant make some kind of appearance as well.

...and of course R2 and 3P0.

Thats my personal dream....and the funny part is that right now its all totally reasonable and 100% possible.

10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Interesting idea. Anakin only killed a few Jedi-Cin Drallig (or whatever his name is), and his 2 padawans (3 Jedi so far), and the group of younglings in the infamous scene. No more than a dozen, at the very most. The empire killed hundreds, if not thousands of Jedi. Wiping out the Jedi was mostly done by stormtroopers and/or clone troopers, not by Vader. So, Vader was not responsible for the downfall of the Jedi. It would've happened anyway.

However, if Padme was never pregnant with Luke and Leia, anakin wouldn't have cut off Mace Windu's hand. Remember what you said earlier. Anakin saved Palpatine only because he could keep him alive to save Padme, pregnant with the skywalker twins? If Anakin didnt do that, Palpatine would be dead and wouldnt use his loyal army to create the wipe out the Jedi and establish the Galactic Empire and, remember Aldearan? And the Death Star?

[​IMG]

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I couldnt agree more. An Ewan McGregor force ghost. Awesome. He's on twitter? He knows? Cool!!!

I wanna see liam neeson, ewan mcgergor, and hayden christensen, be in the same movie with Mark hamill, carrie fisher, harrison ford, the cast of the originals. Agree? It is awesome.

People recognize James earl jones as luke's father, but never hayden. Including him would help to put Hayden in pop culture, alongside JES.

12. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Is he busy doing something else?

13. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    Geez... Guys, guys!:rolleyes:

Guys.....check the news section of the main page of the force.net for news. Since the days of the PT anticipation it has always been the best source for SW news.

The McGregor twitter comment was posted days and days ago.

Theforce.net main page is your friend.[:D]

14. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    That would work too. How would Anakin and leia reconcile? Reconcile over what?

Anakin in a hologram would be awesome. Mark and Carrie in the Jedi temple. Hmm......

Anakin's story arc as a living being is finished. He is a ghost though. His story arc as a ghost is not finished. Father-daughter issues, he didnt spend enough time with his son as a good guy Jedi, I mean.....

15. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    Also @ Lord Tyrannus

Anakin did kill more Jedi than that. It is implied he fought and killed his way through at least a lot of the jedi temple with the clones making his way to the council room with the younglings.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    You answered your own question but they would have to talk about the fact Anakin tortured his own daughter, forced Leia to watch as Alderaan was destroyed and Bail was killed, chased after the Big 3 over the trilogy, encased Han in carbonite and cut off Luke's hand. Luke was able to accept that Vader was his father and that Anakin had returned. For Leia all we saw was "I have the Force, my father has it and my sister has it." Later to Han all she said was Luke was my brother.

17. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    How many younglings did Vader kill in that scene? You know, the "master skywalker, too many of them, what are we gonna do"? Scene. Like 5, 8, 10, how much exactly?

He killed 3 in the hologram (the one with cin drallig). Agree?

I don't think he fought and killed Jedi as he walked in the temple, behind the scenes, other than cin drallig and the 2 padawans. The Clones killed most of the jedi in the temple. But Palpatine told him to kill all the Jedi, impyling Vader did most of what happened in the temple.

How many Jedi were in the temple at that time? How much percentage of Jedi in the entire galaxy were in the temple? At the end of ROTS, were all the Jedi (other than luke, leia, OB1, and yoda), dead? They died so quickly. By the time Vader told padme he was going to mustafar to end the clone wars, all jedi were gone. When yoda fought emperor, all jedi were gone? Or did Vader in the robot suit and red lightsaber hunt down Jedi personally between Episode 3s and 4? How many Jedi were alive at the end of ROTS? At what point were the Jedi (other than the skywalker twins and obi wan and yoda), officially gone?

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I know it may not be a popular idea, but I would personally love to see Hayden play Anakin once more as a force ghost in at least Ep. VII, if not all three. I love the idea of having Anakin guide Luke in ways of the force and in making choices/sacrifices. I do feel that Anakin (having returned to good) has more to offer in this story...

If the story does in fact take place 20-30 years after ROTJ, however, I'm not so sure how well that may work. By then, I'd assume Luke will have already established the New Jedi Order, and is himself much wiser in the force, and wouldn't necessarily need Anakin's help as much anymore after all that time. Perhaps just if Anakin simply appears to him once-maybe to warn him of something, or help Luke make a choice when he is at an impass in the story. This could happen either in Episode VII, or even in Episode VIII. Either way, keeping the whole "father/son" idea alive throughout what we will soon know as "the saga" has been and will always be an effective element. It would be especially strong if Luke had a son also, which would pass the whole "father and son" thing along even further in its own way...

Either way, I would love to see Anakin's ghost as we did in ROTJ. Maybe not in all three, but at least once or twice...It would be a fantastic way to tie the three trilogies all together.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Man i love to see Luke know the truth about why Anakin turned to the Dark Side other than he was seduced

20. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Did Han know that Anakin Skywalker was darth vader? Did han know that Luke and Leia's father was Anakin/Vader? When did he find out? End of Jedi? Did he ever find out? How did he react? Han Solo fell in love with Darth Vader's/Anakin's daughter, I guess.

Why was Vader chasing them in ESB? What were his goals in ESB? Luke never forgave anakin for being a dictator. Neither did Leia. Dont be so quick to assume that either one of them, even Luke, forgave him. Vader wasn't even redeemed. If Heinrich Himmler turned against Hitler to save his son, it would be meaningless to the public, he commited atrocities, they wouldnt care if he saved his son or daughter, even the most evil people have families. If he decided to turn against the Nazis because he realized that they were evil people, and turned against them and turned himself over to the Allies and gave information that would help the Allied Powers , that would be different. Had Vader lived, he would have still been the new tyrant of the empire and wouldnt have joined the rebels.

Anakin only turned against the Emperor because he was seeing his son tortured. How did Anakin save luke? If anakin didn't throw sidious down the reactor shaft, would luke have died? Besides, why did it take anakin 2-3 minutes standing there watching his son getting hurt before protecting him? Anakin was not truly sorry for the atrocities the Empire did. I'll prove why. I may be wrong, but this is just the impression I got. Anakin was looking back at the Emperor and luke, deciding who he should chose, his boss, or his son.

If anakin truly turned against the Empire and had a change of heart (Redemption), he would've picked up palps without hesitation.

21. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Luke was Anakin's redeemer. Without Luke, Vader would have stayed like that forever. He needed a push.

22. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yeah. "Luke, when your mom was pregnant with you and your sister, I joined the Emperor and killed a lot of Jedi, including younglings, to save her. Kinda like how I tempted you to the darkside with the power to save your friends."

Awkward moment....

Luke "Im the reason you became evil"!! No!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anakin "Oh, stop it son. Youre giving me flashbacks"!!!

23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I still don't understand. Please read my post above yours. It explains my confusion on how Vader was redeemed.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    No one but Luke and Leia knew Anakin was Vader. Sometime in the EU.

Vader wanted to capture them and torture them to lure out Luke. He wanted Luke to join to join to overthrow the Emperor. Easiest way to do that was get Luke into a situation that would cause Luke to run headlong into Vader's trap. Sort of similar what happened to Anakin in ROTS. Luke accepted Vader for who he was. He tried to bring him back. Leia might not have forgiven him but I think Luke did. If Vader hadn't died on the Death Star he would have been head of the Empire but a tyrant? I don't think so. Anakin wouldn't have accepted the Rebellion's ways of doing things but would have been a more benevolent leader than Palpatine.

Anakin saved Luke by throwing Palpatine down the reactor shaft. Like Yoda said "once you start down the path to the Dark Side, impossible it is to return." Anakin had to throw off the dark side's control on him. Being immersed in the Dark Side for 23 or so years would be pretty hard to shrug off in a matter of moments. Do people die from lightning? Yes so eventually Luke would have died. Palpatine caused Yoda to pass out in ROTS after all. Anakin sacrificed his life to save Luke. If he wasn't sorry would he had sacrificed himself to save Luke? Pity we couldn't see what happened to Anakin in the Afterlife after he died. If he wasn't sorry for what he did I don't believe he wouldn't have become a Force Ghost.

25. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Can i say something? Anakin and Vader are the same person. I dont know why people call them different names. Obama and the President are the same guy. Just one is a personal name, one is a title. Vader is anakin's ceremonial title.

Anyways, back on topic.

Didn't Bail organa know that luke and leia were the son and daughter of Lord Vader? Obi wan wanted to hide them from the Sith for some reason. Why? Why not give luke and leia to anakin? Also, bail knew that anakin was Vader.

Empire strikes back was basically about how Anakin skywalker wanted to get his son to rule the galaxy with him, overthrow darth sidious/emperor, and have a father son-team, kinda like how whiny vader in ROTS wanted padme to rule the galaxy with him, and his words creepily and eeriely mirroed what he said to Luke.

Did Anakin want to rule the galaxy with luke as equals, ie, 2 emperors? Or with Luke as his 2nd in command, similar to how palpatine and anakin ruled the galaxy, as sith? Would Luke have been another Darth if he turned to the darkside? Emperor Luke and Emperor Vader? What about Padme? What was anakin's plan then? Empress Amidala and Emperor Vader? Or Emperor Vader with padme as 2nd in command?

Hmm. If Anakin lived on the death star, and killed Palpatine, but survived, I think he would've instilled himself as the new emperor. I also think he saved Luke and killed the emperor so he could become ruler himself, at least partially? How do you know his motives were so pure, ie, saving Luke?

Well, I disagree with one thing you said. If he wasnt so sorry would he have sacrificed himself to save luke? Um, no. Anakin didnt need to be sorry for being a dictator and destroying Alderaan and planning to destroy other planets in the future (and remember the jedi killings he did), to save Luke. Think about it. This is an interesting discussion.

As I said before, lots of dictators had people close to them that they cared for and loved. For instance, Stalin. He was a mass murderer, responsible for 20 million at least deaths, yet, he had a wife, his first wife that died, that he was very close to and grieved her loss deeply. Had she lived till later on, when Stalin became ruler, I wouldnt have been surprised if Stalin would have sacrificed himself and turned against the Soviets to save his wife. That's not redemption. Now, if Stalin decided to change Soviet policies or turn himself over to war crime trials, that would be a different story. It wouldnt make up for his atrocities, but at least it would give him a change of heart, ie, redemption.

Good discussion. Also, please explain what you meant by this to me, and what it implies and means.

"If Vader hadn't died on the Death Star he would have been head of the Empire but a tyrant? I don't think so. Anakin wouldn't have accepted the Rebellion's ways of doing things but would have been a more benevolent leader than Palpatine."