main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't watch the show (but I follow it enough throw this board to know enough of the story), but maybe the number 11 is significant... an eleven month sentence, eleven years after meeting Neal, Henry being eleven in the show... Maybe the number eleven is more important than anybody, including the characters realize?[face_thinking]

Or it could be just a clever nod to Doctor Who and the current incarnation of the Doctor.:)

2. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Henry sees a woman. Aurora sees a guy. I assume they're seeing each other and are going to be able to communicate across realms. Also, just like Snow and Aurora, Henry was victim to a sleeping curse, so it makes sense he'd share the same nightmares.

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Interesting theory. My only problem with that is the room is on fire and they're terrified. It seems that if that was a link it would be less prone to terrify them. But, hey, anything's possible with this show.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I couldn't take Hurley the giant seriously. Though I kinda do want Hurley the Giant to come back later!

I totally guessed the red room thing! And I hope it means that Henry and Aurora can communicate across the realms.

And Hook... oh Hook. I truly love that I really can't tell his motivation right now beyond killing Gold. If he 100% faking all these advances on Emma? Does he really want to help Cora? I love him more and more.

And Henry's baby-daddy being Rene from True Blood still kinda creeps me out.

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I agree with all of this! I kept laughing at Hurley the giant.

I guessed the red room thing too and I figure it either means they can communicate or somehow they're both going to be pulled their and have to help each other. It is weird that they are terrified in the dream, but I think that just makes it so it is difficult for them to communicate. Like a quest Henry has to figure out in order to be able to save Aurora.

I loved the flirting Hook did with Emma and I'm glad we've finally gotten more of Emma's backstory. How was August able to leave Storybrook? Or was he put in the portal with Emma as a baby? Did I miss that part?

6. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I'll spoiler tag this just in case.

Yes, Gepetto negotiated with the Blue Fairy for Pinocchio to go into the wardrobe (Narnia reference FTW) to save him and also to have him protect and guide Emma. He ended up bailing on her In the orphanage which is why Emma has no idea of who she really is or her role in breaking the curse. The Pinocchio backstory is in one episode so when we finally find out August=Pinnochio it makes sense as to how a stranger comes to Storybrooke.

That was probably more info than you needed. :p

7. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Thank you! I either missed that episode or my memory sucks. This is why I like watching episodes back to back to back for a season, less time to forget things.

8. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I tend to watch them repeatedly on Netflix. :p

9. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    THIS.

10. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    This show is worth it for Hook alone.

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I really don't like helpless naive Red. I prefer kickass Ruby. The entire plot was a bit meh for me tonight, even though Charles Whitmore did try and destroy everything again. Though I was rather touched at how actually sad I was when he destroyed the hat and David's reaction. :(

And totally called Henry being able to communicate to Aurora through the dream world!

12. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    As soon as the dream sequence started and I saw the woman in the corner, I knew it was Aurora and thought, "Miana called it!" Overall, it was a decent episode for me. I liked seeing Ruby's origin although I'm not convinced that was really her mother - but I suppose that's another plotline between her and Granny. I'm still wondering why Snow hasn't gone into this 'dream world'. She had the sleeping curse as well. Pretty glaring point to ignore for me.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    They kinda touched on that. When Snow comforts Aurora, she says that she used to have them too but that they go away after a while (and David's whole candle-lighting thing).

14. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Oh right! I totally forgot about that.

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I like Charming more than usual in this episode.

Miana Kenobi likes this.
  16. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    At the end of this episode my first thought was, "Wow. Charming didn't annoy me at all this episode."

More and more I'm not digging the splitting of the story lines. My favorite episodes last season were ones that dealt with Regina and Emma tangling with each others. Now they never interact and are only in every other episode it seems like.

17. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I don't like helpless, naive Red/Ruby either, but I think that after this episode, that will hopefully change.

I also agree that I don't 100% trust that Anita is Red's mother...and I had a feeling that Anita wasn't going to be everything that Red wanted her to be and so I wasn't really surprised when Anita ordered everyone to kill Snow.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Not on tonight. Music awards instead. Phhhht.

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Booooo.

s65horsey likes this.
  20. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Wait, how in the heck did Hook get Aurora's heart?

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Wait, there was an episode last night??

22. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yes!!!

The one where Henry and Aurora can communicate in the netherworld. You must watch!

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah I don't get it either.

The only thing that could make sense to me is if it's Philip's heart, since I thought you had to be magical to be able to take someone's heart.

24. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Okay, glad it wasn't just me.

i would be more okay with it if they'd set up Cora showing Hook how to use dark magic, but as it is, there's no context for how the heck he was able to get her heart. And wouldn't she be aware of it and tell Snow? The Huntsman helped Charming even though Regina had his heart. It's an interesting plot point but the setup and execution fell flat.

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Grahame's heart was locked up in a box, though, and not in Regina's hand. :p

Also, Grahame. :( ;(