main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Your Unpopular Star Wars 7 Opinion

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CConn, Nov 3, 2012.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Love this post! Give us a new story Not the continuation of "Father Please" sissy luke. Give us a new tale in the universe. If they feature mark Hamill I'm so done with this franchse man.

2. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Exactly...fresh feel, fresh ides, fresh talent. Man I used to hate Chewbacca, thought he was really annoying, but after this annoucement I'm really starting to hate Luke Skywalker with a passion lol. Its some of these post omg

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Look to be packing your bags, then. This will almost certainly be happening, and for a lot of us who grew up in the '70s and '80s, it's the best news imaginable.

Julius Vernon and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  4. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    My unpopular opinions/wishes for Episode VII:

1. That VII would dare to be in the spirit of the other movies - that of a children's adventure movie from the 1940s. No hip scripts, no "dark", no "edgy".
    2. Joe Johnston or Ben Burtt would direct.
    3. That Lucas would stay as close to the process as humanly possible considering his retirement, with full veto powers.
    4. That the gee-whiz cornball factor would stay deeply intact. Just a restatement of point #1, I realize.

My first post - a little background - first saw Star Wars at the re-release in 1978. I was 7 years old. I'm one of the old generation of fans who loved the Prequels.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Me too, to be honest. As cool as the prospect of having the Big Three back in some capacity seems to my inner 12 year old, the filmmaker in me thinks that it would be better to have a more clean slate. Like maybe with Force Ghost Jedi Master Luke appearing but... I really think the films would be better if not bogged down as much by the past. That doesn't seem likely, though.

6. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012

i'd love it if episode vii didn't get made

7. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    If they stick to the current timeline then I actually think it's OK to blow Han out of the sky in Ep7. Harrison Ford wants it and it would make the universe a truly dangerous place again. Otherwise, I think it's best to put some distance between ROTJ and Ep7.

8. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm kinda leaning towards this too. I hope this next generation movie does not try to connect or be packaged with The Palpatine Saga, where Palpatine dies at the end. Ring worm can't even get under my skin.

9. Reis

Reis Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    -I would like it set maybe 25 or 30 years after Jedi

-A not so happy universe, maybe the Alliance/Republic is still struggling through transition and maybe
    there are those who wish the empire was still around.

- Luke to only be in 1 movie, maybe even die, peacefully, let's focus on a new set
    of characters and their struggles

-The realization that light and dark side are no better then one another and that
    balance in the force means no force users at all.

-A Villain that is unstable maybe mentally... maybe driven by anger to the point where there is
    reasoning with him/her and that their power in the force is incredible (think moving a star destroyer in
    unleashed but not as silly).

-The only re-occurring characters from the previous trilogy I want to see in all THREE movies are 3P0 and R2.

-have some side characters with story arcs that are focused in a tv series but have them mingle in
    the movies to a degree

-No focus or even influence by the books, Fett died in the Sarlacc in my yes.

-Please somehow, some way.. have Michael Fassbender in this movie.. PLEASE...PURTY PLEASE!

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  10. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    While I realize many Star Wars fans disown the EU (and a lot of EU fans disown anything that isn't Bantam) and would hate to see it brought into this new set of films, I think the novel Star by Star by Troy Denning would be a perfect starting point for introducing a new generation and a darker, grittier tone. Just as the OT began in the middle of a war, this set of films could explain the basics of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion in the opening crawl and then introduce a new crop of Jedi warriors while still following the Big Three through the evacuation of Coruscant.

Hey, you asked for unpopular opinions. ;)

11. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I want to see lots of Gungans and Ewoks. ;)

Order66Survivor and LawJedi like this.
  12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    =D=

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  13. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    R2 will be revealed as the true chosen one

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    George Lucas should just stay as far away as is possible from the trilogy so as not to wreck it.

15. wookieepotpie

wookieepotpie Jedi Master star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I picked the right thread for this. :D

Like many here I'm torn between my desire to see the original actors have at least one more adventure as Luke, Han and Leia and my equally valid need to see the trio of characters, in their prime, doing their thing in the immediate aftermath of ROTJ.

How about steal a page from Godfather 2? You see Michael Corleone in the "present day" dealing with Hyman Roth and the gang intercut with some truly gripping extended flashbacks of a young Vito Corleone.

This way we could have our blue milk and drink it too. You could see the grizzled veterans bringing some class and continuity to the proceedings and still get to see Ryan Gosling, Nathan Fillion and Anna Kendrick showing us how we got here and what we missed.

(if you hate this idea, don't blame me, blame the codeine laced cough syrup)

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to that... because I mean, let's face it, at least some of the Three are probably going to be in this. I understand that. I just kind of wish they weren't, as much as I love them all. I'd rather start fresh.

17. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    BEST SEQUEL EVER! Great idea

18. princessnikki

princessnikki Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2012
    Okay, as this is about unpopular Star Wars ideas, I want to see an Ewok Sith Lord rise up to power leading an army of genetically enhanced Jawas who have converted Cloud City into a spaceship with a salvaged laser canon from one of the destroyed Death Stars fastened to the bottom of it! In a twist of fate, something has happened in the universe so that only Gungan's, Ewoks and Rodian's can harness the power of the force and be Jedi and therefore one of Jar Jar Bink's relatives is now the only hope of rescuing the galaxy from the Sith Ewok and his Rodian apprentice who happens to be the son of Greedo who has developed social problems and wants revenge on Han Solo for shooting his Dad!

Love interests throughout the film should definitely have a link to incest, although maybe this time instead of it being brother and sister, this time lets make it more risky with a Mother and Son relationship! or if you really want to push things to the limit, maybe make it a brother and brother attraction, so that lot of "Carry On" movie style innuendo can be written into the script about how they enjoy playing with each others lightsabers! Obviously as this is now a Disney movie,it would have to be subtle innuendo so only the adults understand it!

R2 D2 and C3 P0 should definitely still be in it, but as time has passed by, they have now become outdated as new more practical droids have been developed, so instead of being at the centre of the action, they should now be running a history museum dedicated to the days of the rebellion against the empire, where on a night time all the droids come to life and have big parties! As always though in movies old clapped out characters can always prove to be a hero, so when the museum is attacked by Greedo's Son and the genetically enhanced Jawas and they are holding all the partying droids to ransom in order to force Han Solo to come and face up for shooting his Dad, C3P0 suddenly finds himself in a Bruce Willis Die Hard type of situation and R2 D2 ends up being the off duty cop!

The finale of the first film could take a step from the usual and instead of it featuring a big space battle, instead it has Cloud city, which when it was fitted with the salvaged Death Star laser cannon, it had the long bit that was attached to the bottom of the city removed and had lots of AT AT legs attached so that it could land on planets and walk around. To stop any chances of it being tripped up by a cable there can be giant robotic hands that can pop out of the bottom of the city with big scissors to cut through the cables making sure nobody in a snow speeder can cause a big crash!
    The only way it can be defeated is by an undercover team landing on it and disguising themselves as Ugnaughts before sneaking into the main engine room and planting a bomb which was smuggled in by encasing it in carbonite along side a frozen Lando Calrissian who is peed off at having lost the city to the new Empire!

As this is a Star Wars story about a Dark Ewok Sith Lord and his apprentice, they would obviously have to lose the first battle in the movie, but to keep with tradition of Disney films, this time when they lose it is because they failed to defeat the rebellion by a midnight (Endor Time). They change back from being evil Sith Lords and back into a cute furry Ewok and and his not very intelligent Rodian friend! When this happens the Dark Ewok Sith drops his Lightsabre and is the perfect set up for the next movie!

19. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I want Lando to be Bescat Offdurmin, captain of the Looooove Commander.

20. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012

I've gotta agree here. I liked Luke in the original trilogy, but I tired of reading about him in the books and even if those books are retconned into oblivion I'm still going to be tired of him as a character. The Star Wars Universe is full of diverse species and characters, there's plenty of possibilities for some new characters to come along and a ton of ways to explore their stories. I don't mind if Skywalker shows up briefly such as a cameo of him via a holocron telling what he's learnt or archival footage of him viewed by a new generation, but I think the story would benefit a lot from not having him as a main character.

21. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Have the story take place on naboo in the Gungan city.

22. Khan_Mace

Khan_Mace Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2005
    I think the more Lucas involvement there is, the better. It's his world, no matter what entitled fans (and their clones, and their clones' clones) have convinced themselves of.

The manner in which a lot of the new post-ROTJ EU has gone out of its way to contradict the Prophecy, for instance, is simply ridiculous.

23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Not regarding Ep 7 but I like the prequels. I'm one of the few. LOL

About Ep 7 -- destroy the EU, all of it. (post ROTJ that is) LOL

JainaSoloYJK and Khan_Mace like this.
  24. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Better pack your bags then.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  25. honeybadger

honeybadger Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    For the entire movie to be an Oddyssian journey by Boba Fett through Sarlaac's digestive system.

There should be a Muppet musical number somewhere in the small intestine.

The film should culminate with Boba crawling out of Sarlaac's rear on the far side of the planet and scaling a mountain of pewp with a muppet army behind him.

The following two films can go back to the whole space adventure thing, with an understandably miffed Fett seeking to destroy Luke, Leia, Han and Chewy.