main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, as one character points out, if Potema successfully returns she would be the only remaining member of the Septim bloodline... :p

I thought the current Emperor was a delightful chap.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Potema is a filthy traitor who betrayed Kintyra II. She is attainted and stripped of any right to the imperial bloodline.

And there are bound to be other Septim cousins sitting around -- the books make ample reference to them. I thought Oblivion's last heir business was more wannabe LOTR nonsense.

3. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I got the impression that the Mythic Dawn finished them all off - Martin was spared because no one but a select few were aware of his parentage.

As far as Potema... well, yes. Considering her offer consists of killing you and reanimating your body, she doesn't really sell supporting her as Queen.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, they took out Enman and Ebel, and the other one starting with a G (or however their names are spelled) but I didn't have the impression they went further than taking out Uriel's sons. But you never know -- it's possible it's a retcon that the Mythic Dawn was even larger than we thought, and they ran around murdering all the random cousins and things.

5. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Honestly, I didn't know how bad the Oblivion Crisis was for Tamriel until I played Skyrim.

The Mehrunes Dagon quest in Skyrim seems to indicate the Mythic Dawn cultists were somewhat widespread.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, that's interesting, Greg Keyes, who wrote three NJO novels, wrote the only two TES novels so far.

7. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    They were decent books. Parts of the first book dragged, but he seemed to have a decent grasp of how Elder Scrolls lore and cosmology work, which is saying something. Though to be honest, I would have bought them simply for the parts involving the Dunmer.

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, the Obilvion Crisis really did a number on the Empire. All provinces were affected and it drove the High Elves to form their new Dominion. Tamriel really was fractured by the event. Of course, Oblivion alluded to such things. Chancellor Ocato noted that he expected the Empire to slowly unravel.

BTW- I loaded my game last night and I have a weird glitch. Certain foods are blue. Bread is suddenly blue, cheese is blue, etc. I tried loading earlier saved games and it is all the same. Anyone heard of this before?

--Adm. Nick

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Get out and vote, people!

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Already did a while ago. :p

Nick: I kind of wish Skyrim wasn't so far into the future. It'd be interesting to see how the Empire fell apart and how the Medes had to reestablish it. I suppose the reason they moved forward is so they could have some certain history, rather than history that could go either way -- and I suppose this stuff is territory for novels, if they plan to make any new ones.

One thing's for sure: I'm dying for DLC/expansion dealing with the stinkin' Thalmor.

11. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Nick, sounds like some textures are missing. Jello, I'm torn on the Thalmor- on the one hand, they do seem like they're part of the Dragonborn's story. On the other hand, I don't think a DLC is enough to take care of them, and think it's more likely that they will be in TESVI, which I predict will be in either Hammerfell or Valenwood.

12. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I was the first person at my polling station to cast their ballot this morning. [face_flag]

Jello

Read all the books in Skyrim. There might not be alot about how the Empire began to crumble, but at least you can learn about how the Emperor ultimately won a major battle at the Imperial City which was instrumental in ending the war against the Thalmor, IIRC.

--Adm. Nick

13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Pah as far as I am concerned you should still be dictated to by a King or at least have a Governor General, bloody Rebels. :p

And now for something completely different. The BSG Blood and Chrome series will apparently
    soon be released on Youtube.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I voted weeks ago. And I'm wearing my Obama shirt today. [face_flag]

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Then go do it again, like a good Imperial.

16. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    I voted today for the first time. Whom did I vote for? Why, Twinkle Andress Cavanaugh, of course, the eminent and beautiful lady running for President of the state Public Service Commission. I am proud to say I did my part to support her bid for this important office.

Yes, yes, I know you're all jealous that you didn't get the chance to vote for her, and I know you're all saying: why didn't you vote for her rival Lucy Baxley instead? But I stand by my choice. I trust Twinkles.

I also voted for some other people, but really, who gives a crap? AVE TWINKLES!

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm wearing my Palpatine/Vader 2012 shirt, like a TRUE patriot. [face_flag]

Also, I found an unused "I voted!" sticker on the ground today and therefore I now have a sticker even though I voted abstentee. I am so thrilled! The sticker is obviously the most important part of voting.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Got my power restored today, finally :D. Heat! [:D]

On the upside, the down time from school, work and life in general allowed me to finally finish Mercy Kill (had read about half the book back around C6, then tucked away a few more chapters when I went back to Florida in Sept, but schoolwork kept me away from finishing it).

Awesome read. The "Sanisteam!" moment was gut bustingly hilarious. [face_laugh]

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    They were out of "I voted" stickers :(

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, yeah, apparently David Tennant voices that droid in Young Jedi coming up, so heads up for you Whovians. I'm surprised I didn't pick it up at C6.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I was trying to give you the Benefit of the Doubt T2Q. I just hope the audio was off or they didn't have Tennant do the voice quite yet.

The voice over is great though. 100% Tennant, 10 style.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Pablo confirmed on FB that it was always Tennant, so that's my bad.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

Ah yes. The blue milk glitch.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Barriss_Coffee

That looks familiar :p Still has the little bendy bit in it.

25. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Seriously, the blue is driving me nuts. Now I notice some character look all "Obi-wan" post-Vader slicing. I REALLY want to play, but I am mildly irritated by this. And I just don't have the heart to start all over.

--Adm. Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.