main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion New Lightsabers ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's pretty much how I feel. Use colors like yellow and orange and pink, or whatever, just so there's more variety. This was one of the things that I hated about the Prequels, that everybody had pretty much the same colored lightsabers.

I can only picture Jedi using either 1 or 2 (long or short) single bladed lightsabers and the double-ended long bladed lightsabers. But that's it.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  2. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I have fond memories of reading Marvel Star Wars #96: "Duel With a Dark Lady" back in 1985:)

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Unfortunately, I've not seen any TCW, but it sounds like she may have!

4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    The lightwhip.

5. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Dark lady of the sith? I kinda like the sound of that. Dark Lord sounds cliche. Dark lady had a nice ring to it. Why not call her dark lord though?

When Jacen turned to the darkside, what did he do that was evil? Who did he work for? What were his goals?

6. Snydbo

Snydbo Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    Imagine a Light Axe. Gammorrean style. That would be cool in the hands of the right villian.

7. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Well, she IS a lady...
    It's just an optional gender thing. Cameraman works all the time, but sometimes you may feel like saying camerawoman if the camera operator happens to be female. They mean the same thing.

8. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
  9. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    All women look better with lightsabers.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  10. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    hahahaha the two types of sabers. Though it would be nice to have a female Jedi in a more prominent role.

11. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    I know - the only female Jedi I've seen that were better than her male counterparts (fighting, anyway) are probably Nomi Sunrider and Celeste Morne. Jaina is good, sure, so is Ahsoka, Aayla, etc. but the males have always been better.

12. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Not saying they should be "better" of even the main character, just more prominent. Like in the top 5 characters or something.

13. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    I've seen a lot of prominent females (Star Wars in general is about ensemble casts). But I wish that there were more that were the most capable ones.

14. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Not just females, female JEDI.

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    that is not a shocker really the best are mostly white males with a sprinkle of nonwhite human males and aliens. I think the Sith side is probably worse though.

16. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Jacen set Kashyyyk on fire for one thing. And killed someone rather importnat

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  17. Dreamer_Sith

Dreamer_Sith Jedi Knight

Dec 9, 2010
    Cards with mini saber igniters that activate when you throw them.
    Gambit it.

rumsmuggler and Voss like this.
  18. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    A lightsaber seems to cut through metal by heating it to its melting point, as we learned from The Phantom Menace. What we need to see in any new Star Wars movie is that anyone living who is struck by a lightsaber should be set on fire. Lightsaber combat shouldn't just be about lopping off limbs, it should be about getting the blade close enough to clothing or flesh to set it ablaze.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I guess I can picture a ninja sai lightsaber.

20. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    A gem held in the palm of the hand..ignited through the force in a purple blade...
    Psylocke it..

21. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Just orange and yellow please, and give them to main characters. No need for pink or forest green, sand brown or 3 sided sabers, saber axes etc. That would just be making a mockery of it.

22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The dark saber from Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

23. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    No.

No no no no no no NO!

HELL NO!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
    NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Okay, I think I made my point. Lightsabers - yes. Dual wielding? Sure. Double-bladed? I guess?

Light whips, tridents, knives, any other ridiculous thing some moron came up with while trying to make their mark on the EU?
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

BonhillBhoy likes this.
  24. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Back to normal light sabers, please.

fishtailsam likes this.
  25. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    How about lightsabers being just lightsabers? I don't mind the idea of differing lengths of hilt or blade, but in the end, it's a lightsaber for goodness sake!