main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Jeremy Bulloch on returning as Boba

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  2. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    My sarcasm detector may be malfunctioning, but you wouldn't see Bulloch's face or hear his voice, so...?

3. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm for this give him some close ups of that old experienced face. Give him maybe a scar , but nothing gross, just manly. It could work, i don't see why not. The last time we saw his face really was in ATOC . So why not bring him back as a older gent? It could work out for the better. They are all older now. It might be cool. Oh ****, college...got to go.

You could see his face, just have him remove his helmet and show this scruffy old hardened man , face. It might be cool.

4. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Boba Fett is
    dead. He was dinner for the Sarlacc.
    :p

5. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Bah, not necessarily. He deserved better and that's been said all these years. That would make him being a old guy even more awesome, he takes off his fett helmet and it's this old hardened face with a scar.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Considering how many changes Lucas has made to the Saga, seeing Fett escape the Sarlacc and chase after Han again wouldn't surprise me.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  7. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    I wish they had used Jeremy Bulloch for the human face of the Fett clones, too. Jeremy is a lovely actor (see him as Hal the Archer in Doctor Who's The Time Warrior beside Jon Pertwee and Elizabeth Sladen + as Tor, an alien with funny eyebrows, in The Space Museum beside William Hartnell). Perhaps they could at least give him another role (where he can use his face and voice) somewhere in the ST. Doctor Who has hilarious amounts of British Star Wars villains and other bit parts (Garrick Hagon, Dave Prowse, Leslie Schofield, Michael Sheard, Julian Glover, etc...--not to mention Peter Cushing's Dr. Who!) throughout its episodes. It could be a drinking game.

[​IMG]

But, IMO, I'm definitely in the school that believes that Boba Fett, a character with a whopping total of 4 lines in the OT, died in the Sarlaac pit.

8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    All for the return of Boba Fett, if fact I think he will in fact make his return. But I'd hope a younger actor would get the part. Jeremy might still be flexible but action scenes are a lot more physical than they used to be.

9. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Seems like a nice guy but If they bring back Boba it better be Temuera Morrison!

10. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I agree. Morrison does need to be Boba if they bring the character back, just as Hayden needs to be 'Force Ghost Anakin' if they bring that character back.

11. NileQT87

Nov 21, 2002
    Fett should have been Jeremy in the PT to start with. I'm sure Temuera is a nice guy, but Boba shouldn't have been recast. Temuera's voice in the Special Editions drives me nuts. Just no.

At least he got this tiny bit of face time:

[​IMG]

yodasbum likes this.
  12. Amphimachus

Amphimachus Jedi Padawan

Sep 7, 2012
    Boba Fett survived in the books, so I'm all for seeing Bulloch play him in the movie. Although I don't think it would work if you saw his face... for obvious reasons, but it would still be a nice touch for the man who gave Fett his great body language to wear the costume again.

13. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    NileQT87: You seriously would've cast a guy who was in his mid-50s at the time of Attack of the Clones (Bulloch) over a guy who was in his early 40s (Morrison)? No thank you.

Amphimachus: There's no more reason now to pick the much-older Bulloch (he's 67 and will be pushing 70 by the time E7 is released) over the much-younger Morrison (he'll be 54 when E7 is released) than there was back in 2002.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Bulloch is not a brown-skinned New Zealander, we now know Boba Fett looks like that. Shame that Daniel Logan is too young to play him because he seems to like the character.

Morrison is the way to go, but he better do a better job than he did with recording Boba's lines in the OT DVD release

15. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    If they did it they would probably use Morrison. Playing his own "son"!

16. NileQT87

Nov 21, 2002
    Boba Fett is not a New Zealander as far as I'm concerned. The original dialog should remain untampered with. Sorry, but I'm an OT purist. Jeremy might not have been the voice of Fett, but that voice certainly didn't sound anything like Tamuera! It's certainly a jolting change to the character and doesn't work even half as well.

17. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    NileQT87: You can be an 'OT Purist' if you want to be, but expecting the PTB in charge of the SW franchise to kow-tow to your expectations is ridiculous. The changes that have been made are what they are, and it's ridiculous to expect that they'll be undone just because you didn't like them.

18. Amphimachus

Amphimachus Jedi Padawan

Sep 7, 2012
    I think it depends on the size of the role he gets. I'm going off the assumption that if Boba Fett is in E7 then it would likely be a small role in which case having Bulloch behind the mask would just be a nice extra. But of course this assumption is based on absolutely nothing, and if we were going to get lots of Fett, then Morrison is a must since he could take off the helmet and do more action. I'm hoping for lots of Fett all things considered, even if that means Bulloch would be out.

19. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ The size of the role doesn't matter; there's no more reason to bring Bulloch back now than there was to not cast somebody new (Morrison) back in '02.

20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I am actually quite tolerant of the many changes in the special and really-really-special editions...but changing the original totally uncompromisingly badass Boba Fett voice with the "His no gud to mi diid." is just heresy.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If they had left him alone, maybe they would have done the same with Maul... ;)

22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I like the idea of his having a cameo.

BTW, he was in Episode 3 as the pilot for the Tantive 4...and we actually got to hear his voice, too. :)

23. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I hope they ignore the EU (and I'm a big fan of the EU) and keep him dead. But if he was to appear, I'd rather it'd be Temuera Morrison.

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Keeping him dead implies he is already dead, which is by no means certain just because he fell into a pit known for keeping people alive for 1000 years.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's how I figured he was alive when I first heard or saw him in the EU.