main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    If he ends up doing this, I hope he is more like his character in Cowboys and Aliens instead of IJ4 with his pants pulled up to his man-boobies.

2. Athiest_knight

Athiest_knight Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Well thank you caption obvious. If you can anyone in life now that looks the same as 1981 let me know so I can ask that persons secret and make millions.

3. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    You blatantly imply that only beautiful women should be in the film. That sir is sexist.

4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    No. Sexism involves favoring one gender over the other. I never said anything sexist....

That is not sexist. What I said may have been shallow, but not sexist... Besides, who wants to see an ugly actor/actress? Just look at Hayden Christensen in Episode 3....^:)^^:)^^:)^

5. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Fair enough it is not sexist, but equal in bad taste. I will take talent and continuity over looks any day. Girls with a pretty face have more often ruined movies rather than helped them because of their inability to speak in anything remotely resembling realistic.

All that said I agree with you. What you said was not sexist just very shallow :)

6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012

I wasn't being sexist. I think you thought I was sexist because mark and harrison are older and I said they were handsome.. Well, it has nothing to do with their gender, I just thought they were very good looking... Misunderstanding, I sense....

How am I equal in bad taste? I don't judge people by looks, but we're talking about movies here... It's only shallow in real life..... :confused:

7. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Tyranus statement implied ageism too.

So basically tasteless and douchy at the same time. Congrats.

fishtailsam likes this.
  8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Quite a few years have gone by in the SW galaxy as well, and people happen to age there as well.
    Some better than others, and I don't find anything wrong with that.
    Go, Carrie!

TreborSabreon and Lord Nikon like this.
  9. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Those pics and video of Ford and Fisher are amazing. It could really work. Then again, I was one of the outcast of fandom that liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skullso_O

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Stop flaming other users. You called me douchy, and that was an insult.....
    :_|

11. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    In my last comment I admitted to you that you weren't being sexist. I'm not really sure why we are on that now. As for your defense that it is ok to be shallow about actors/actresses in movies... I'm a little puzzled by that one. You are essentially saying that you don't want bad looking people in the movies you watch. How is that not shallow? Are the movies real life? Nope, but the people in them certainly are real. Since when was good looks a necessity for a quality film?

12. Lord Nikon

Nov 2, 2012

Actually, I was saying what you "said" (about Fisher as ugly) was douchy, not that you WERE a douche.

Ah, English grammar, she's a beautiful thing isn't she?

fishtailsam likes this.
  13. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Ok. Misunderstanding. It wasn't directed at me. But don't you agree she is ugly now?

14. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Seriously, people, be nice. :p

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012

No.

16. Lord Nikon

Nov 2, 2012
    Not at all. She's a woman in her 60's, and looks like a a lot of women in their 60's. With the right personal training regime and makeup she could look just as good as women like Judy Dench. I don't see anything wrong with her being in it and looking her age.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  17. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I still think she's ugly in her 60's, or late 50's, more accuratley. What's wrong with my opinion? She's not as beautiful as she onec was, that's why I am against her being in it....... We have different opinions, I guess.....

But I also think that Harrison is still very good looking, even at 70.... He is an Adonis, alongside Hayden Christensen in Episode 3....... A Greek God......

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    One of those pictures isn't even of her.

fishtailsam likes this.
  19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd take acting talent over good-looks anyday. Hayden might have been handsome but his acting wasn't very good in the PT.

I'm sure there will be some young attractive people in the movies, just not the old guard

20. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Sorry. I acidentally double posted. There was an error and I clicked post multiple times because I thought it wasn't posting............

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Good looks are contributing factors to a good film..... What i meant was, I don't judge people in real life and my opinions of them based on their looks, but when I'm watching Star wars, I wanna look at some handsome and pretty people! Look at Hayden in Episode 3. In Episode 2, he was, meh, ok, looking, not ugly, but nothing special, kinda handsome. In Episode 3, good Lord, he was an Adonis. Let's forget about the whole sexist thing, that was a misunderstanding.........

How is that shallow that I want physically attractive people in my films? Please respond. I'm curious to your opinion..........

I never said I judge them as persons, I just said I want some good looking actors and actresses. Harrison Ford had a handsome face and nice muscles and a bulky rugged build and face, when he was younger, in star wars. Now, he's still good looking, just not as much as he was in the past.... Watch in Episode 3, look at young Vader's angelic face and dark intense eyes and long dark hair and thin body and black robes.

22. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Judging an actor/actress talent based off their looks is shallow to me. This may very well be personal opinion, and after this I want to drop the subject because we are completely off topic. To me good acting is based on good acting rather than good looks. Hayden ruined parts of the movies for me because he was a bad actor. No amount of good looks fixes that. Judging someones abilities by thier looks is still judging. No matter whether it is in "real life" or movies which is still "real life". I'm done discussing it now though. I don;t want people thinking I am being rude, and I would rather get back to the point of the thread.

23. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Lord Tyrannus, would you agree that not every role is a Star Wars movie is designed for a pretty person? I mean, I never wanted to sleep with old Uncle Owen, old Aunt Beru, Governor Tarkin, Dooku, Yoda, Old Ben... I can't believe I had to write that sentence, but not every role is written to be a sex symbol.

If Fisher is in the movie, she is playing an elder stateswoman. Someone's mom. Possibly someone's grandmother. No one is suggesting that Leia should be a sex symbol in a ST.

Lord Tyrannus and fishtailsam like this.
  24. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I know. Ewww..........[face_rofl] I know owen, beru, tarkin, dooku, yoda, kenobi, weren't that good looking.... What's your point? They looked their part. They didn't have to be good looking.

I judge an actor partially on wheter or not they look the part.... Young Vader (hayden christensen) was not only super Adonis handsome, alongside Han Solo, but he looked the part. I can't imagine ugly alec guiness playing him.... On the other hand, handsome Hayden can't play obi wan and owen or tarkin, because those characters are supposed to look ugly.......

I never said any SW character was a symbol?

25. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    His good looks made Episode 3 a great film for me. Regardless of his looks, I think his acting in Episode 3 was just as good as his physical atractiveness...........

26. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I noticed Qui-Gon is suspiciously absent from your list ;)