main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation How Would You Have Luke Die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by EviL_eLF, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    You mean the money he's giving away? ;)

2. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    anyway back on topic:
    Something relavent I posted in the Han/Harison thread

I dont understand how Obi-wan Kenobi can die for the better of the Galaxy but if I want Luke or Han to be as noble as Ben, I'm suddenly not a "true" fan, or I'm "ageist"

I want my favorite characters to grow, and change, and hopefully become better people, and to mourn when they dont become better. And if that means they must die in some noble act, I want to see it. And if that means they die bitter old men, I want to see it.

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm kinda bummed that we have a thread about how Luke will die, but not a thread about what his character will be line in the ST in general.

4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Make one!

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Are you crazy? I don't make threads. I make entrances.

Panakas_Dawg and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    LawJedi hire someone to make a thread so you can come in and dominate it.

LawJedi likes this.
  7. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    A big part of me would like to see him die of old age like Yoda, not be struck down by someone who doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as him. If he has to die in the ST, and I suppose it is inevitable, I hope it is not in Episode VII, maybe Episode VIII at the earliest. It should be in battle ala Obi-Wan's death, helping the young protagonists escape to fight another day, and serving a purpose.

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    If he dies, he'll die in the first film in the trilogy, which fit with the Saga's established pattern. Qui-gon died in Ep. I and Obi-wan died in Ep. IV. It makes sense that Luke will die in Ep. VII.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Something like Obi-Wan in Episode 4 or have him die right at the start of Episode 7. Or start Episode 7 off with his funeral. Maybe it can be said that the lightning had long term effects on him (or got injured while finishing off the Empire) like Shelob or the Witch-King injury with Frodo.

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    He won't die right at the start of the movie. If it happens, it'll be an hour in.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Well it would set the tone that this movie will be different from the others. Have a new enemy come after Luke's death and everyone has to fend for themselves. Sort of like what I hoped A Song of Ice And Fire would start off with.

12. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    Agreed. The thought of Luke being ambushed makes me think of Aayla Secura's death during Order Sixty-Six in Revenge of the Sith.

13. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Who's that? Was she EU or movie?

14. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    If there will be Skywalker death in Episode 7 i hope he will sacriface himself like Ben Kenobi did.

15. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    The hot blue Twilek. Movies.

16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    She wasn't that good looking. She had blue and green skin. That's not that attractive...

[​IMG]

She looks like some star trek alien too... Star wars fans hate Gene Roddenberry and his abominable so called works of art..........

Why did her skin color change from blue to green?

[​IMG]

17. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
  18. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I made this thread because Episode VII and the ST trilogy in general gives us the chance to say goodbye to such an iconic character that we all know and love. It would be a shame IMO to leave his life open ended enough for the EU to ultimately address the issue. If this happens, it needs to do his character real justice, and I believe that can only happen on screen.

19. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    Next to the chick from Avatar she's the second most desirable female, blue movie alien I can think of…

20. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    That chick is Zoe Saldana who also played Uhura in the new Star Trek.

21. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    They could always go the cliche self-sacrifice route and have him stay behind to detonate a bomb.

22. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Eww!!!!!!!!![face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you] She's desirable? That's digusting!!!![face_bleh][face_tee_hee][face_worried][face_worried][face_worried][face_talk_hand][face_talk_hand][face_dunno]

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Ben Kenobi didn't sacrifice himself. I dont know where you're getting that from. Obi wan let Anakin kill him, so he could test it out to see if the Force Ghost trick was real, and if it was real, be a force ghost........

24. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    He sacrificed himself because he saw Luke was distracted from his escape, his death woke Luke up into the situation he was in, and that he needed to get the hell out of there and now!

Obi-Wan had already mastered the training from Yoda/Qui-Gon on how to transfer his essence into the force, so he already knew the outcome.

25. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    After anakin killed obi wan, luke freaked out and started killing stormtroopers. I dont see how that helped Luke to get out of there safely......

I also don't get how Luke was distracted.....

Where are you getting your info from?