main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation How Would You Have Luke Die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by EviL_eLF, Nov 2, 2012.

1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    He started Shooting because he had to after wandering distractedly in their direction. Which is more beneficial to his escape, getting closer to them as he watches Ben fight Vader, or shoot the only guys in the hanger, and the door control preventing more from pursuing?

He was much better off post sacrifice.

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The point was they didn't have to wait for Obi-Wan any longer.

3. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Why would that be bad? If Obi wan lived, what would've happened?

Why are you getting all this info from?

4. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Watch the film, you can see it with your own eyes!

Luke was running straight for the Falcon until he saw Ben, stopped running immediately and started slowly walking in that direction instead.

Ben saw that and immediately turned to Vader and closed his eyes and held his saber up to his face letting Vader slice through him.

Luke yells "NOOO!"

The Stormtroopers turn their attention in Luke's direction and firing, which Luke returns fire.

Han yells to Luke to "Shoot the door Kid!"

Luke shoots the door control which causes the blast door to seal, cutting off the hanger bay.

Ben through the force tells Luke to run, and he finally does.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  5. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Luke Should Die the Same Way that Lord Sidious Died..................

[​IMG]

6. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    Aayla Secura was in both EU and ROTS, she's walking through the planet Felucia, and all of a sudden she turns around to be gunned down by Clone Commander Bly and accouple other troopers from the 327th star corps.

7. Dreamer_Sith

Dreamer_Sith Jedi Knight

Dec 9, 2010
    I want Old Age Luke dying as he watches the twin sunset on Tatooine. No longer a kid or young adult, he realizes that Tatooine holds something to him and his family, and after goodbyes to everyone he ventures alone by the will of the Force. He's kept up Old Ben's hut, and watches the sunset one last time. We don't have to see him die, but make sure its implied he's returned to die. This would ideally be Episode IX also.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  8. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    No way, Luke nor his Father could stand the place, I can't see him accepting it at the end like that.

9. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I predict he will go like Yoda, peacefully become one with the force. Some new villain taking out Luke? I don't think so, not unless he goes out like Obi-Wan on his own accord. Obi-Wan wanted Luke to see Vader strike him down. Maybe Luke does the same passing on the torch to a new hero/padawan. Just can't see the greatest hero in cinema taken out by a new threat early in a new movie. I don't see a funeral pyre in his future, he will die on-screen and will join the force. Also I don't think Jedi who learn this technique can do it forever. Qui Gon learned it first and we don't hear a peep out of him in the OT, unless I missed something in Lucas' remakes.

10. Angel Eyes

Nov 1, 2012
    Do not fear death. Fear leads to the darkside. Joining with the force is a very suitable ending for our hero. No chump-arse villain is gonna take him out though!

fishtailsam likes this.
  11. Angel Eyes

Nov 1, 2012
    Ben was in total control the entire time and completely manipulated Vader. Ben knew what the outcome would be all along. He joined the force, created motivation in Luke & gave Vader an empty victory leaving nothing but his robes. Vader steps on the robes as if puzzled indicating at the time he was not familiar with the technique of joining the force. Vader it believed it to be the "End of Kenobi" when in fact he had achieved a sort of immortality AND passed the torch to a younger more capable Jedi.

12. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Why doesn't everyone limit the quote trees? :p

JainaSoloYJK, LawJedi and fishtailsam like this.
  13. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Just like Yoda.

14. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Who says we need to see him die? You can just as easily let it be assumed he passes happy in old age.

15. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    I reckon leias gonna be training with her new lightsabre and lukes standing next to her. She ignites it back to front whilst hes looking the other way talking to han and boom.

Right in the Guts.

Then shes gonna panick and wiggle it around a little bit, hans gonna try and help pull it out but he grabs the wrong end and cuts his hands off. I can see it now hahahaha

16. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    On a serious note, i agree with "artooo"

17. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    If it doesn't happen on screen, it will be ambiguous and the EU will eventually do the deed. I'd rather it happen on film so it can do his character justice.

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    If he is to die, it should be on screen.
    Having Luke Skywalker, of all the people, die offscreen would just be insulting to the character.

And if he is to die, he should die in a manner that makes certain he's dead.

19. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    The problem? The EU would be all over it and bring him back and kill him themselves. There has to be a finality for Luke on screen out of respect to the character. Nothing ambiguous about it.

20. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Peacefully. He should die like Yoda had the chance to -- peacefully.

Granted it would make sense for him to die in battle -- since this is a franchise about Wars in the Stars -- but you would need a character so immensely powerful to kill him that it would make such a character too unwieldy to really have around.

And having him die in some flurry of attackers would be just as cheesy imho -- Ki-Adi's death is not how Luke's should be handled.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  21. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    You just convinced me.
    Congratulations sir.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Ki-Adi didn't get a chance to fight back... Luke WILL get a chance to fight back, and the fight has to be one of the serious action sequences in the film IMO.

23. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Like an absolute punk. Shot in the back of the head while walking to the temple. Would make people believe that anything could happen in this trilogy ala game of thrones style.

24. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    You just convinced me back.
    Congratulations to you.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually Ki-Adi-Mundi was able to fight back. He re-deflected a couple blasts before dying. Aayla Secura did not get a chance to fight back. She died before her lightsaber was activated