main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Call me crazy but less force/jedi stuff

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Star Wars with less Force and Jedi... this would not be Star Wars anymore.
    If you really want it, OK: You are crazy. ;)

2. LordDeschain

LordDeschain Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2012
    Please stop referring to me as close minded. Maybe you didn't understand from my post above that I personally enjoy the story about the dark side, again for me personally I would like to see it explored more. I have watched thousands of movies, and only 6 have the dark side in them, so the close minded reference is kind of annoying. I am a fan that's what I want.

3. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to say that you as a person are close minded. I meant to suggest that way of thinking about this particular matter doesn't allow for other possibilities. I didn't mean to offend you.

4. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Agreed the close minded statement has been thrown out multiple times now. For the record saying a person idea is closed minded is saying that person is close minded, but I get you didn't mean to offend. I personally think it can be equally close minded to assume dark siders mean it will be the same old. At this point anything would be old news. An alien invasion? Already been done. A former Imperial commander trying to rebuild the glory of the empire? Also happened. Some new mystical threat that nobody understands. That has been done too. If you have Jedi then you will have other force users who can be corrupted. If we really want to compromise then let's have both. Have dark siders and whatever threat others want. Not having light side and dark side is simply not Star Wars though.

5. LordDeschain

LordDeschain Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2012
    In all honesty I love SW and have since I was a kid. I even enjoyed the PT (mind you with a cringe here or there). But GL's universe he created is very fascinating and I will more than likely be thrilled with whatever Disney can come up with, short of Darth Mickey I would be cool. Now yes I have preferences like all fans but in the grand scheme of things think it will be very entertaining. I have read over 60 EU novels and enjoyed the vast majority of them. I already have resolved in my mind that all the EU I love will probably not be in these movies and that's OK, and if they surprise us and throw a few tie-ins all the better.

Bottom line is and I think I can speak for the general mass here, we are excited there were will be more SW. The thought of it being dead when Lucas died sucks, I have a two year old daughter right now he loves her Yoda doll, and now I can experience the next SW saga with her at a ripe prime age to embrace it, if the force is with us :)

The great thing about Disney (and some may see this as the problem) is that they will produce a TON of SW stuff, "episodes", stand alone movies, tv show, cartoons, and hell even a theme park is on the table and that could totally be pulled off. Imagine a crazy roller coaster called The Kessel Run, or a huge team based badass laser tag adventure on any of the awesome planets they could make a ride out of.

So hopefully we do get some movies or shows or what have you focused on the other minor yet awesome aspects of the SW universe outside the force.

Fleab88 likes this.
  6. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I'm pickin up what you guys are puttin down and I respect your points of view. Flea makes some good good points. One thing I want to say again though is that I didn't mean to say Deschain was a close minded person. There's a difference between being "critical" of someone's actions & critical of them as people. I can certainly be close minded sometimes but I don't consider myself a close minded person in general.

7. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    I would like to see an approach similar to the recent batmans and upcoming superman film. ie they are taking a 'what if these guys were real - how would people respond? ' approach, and tranferring that to the jedi. With a new time period where the locals in a gffa are coming to terms with the fact there a new jedi around, and weren't these jedi responsible for the clone wars and wasnt one of them the emperor? etc. They would be looked upon with awe and maybe fear by the general population, and maybe by whatever government is in power. Then set up a new threat where the jedi are the only ones who can deal with it, but they are also fighting the perceptions etc of the masses.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How come people turned against there not being Sith in the ST as soon as I talked about the Sith being extinct forever?

9. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Because literally nothing in the films suggests this is the case. Even the prophecy is purposefully pointed out in the films to very possibly be misread by the Jedi. The only hint of sith extinction is vague and flip floppy statements by Lucas off camera. Keeping the Sith alive does not mean things need to be retconned, but rather elaborated and explained. Balancing the force in no way needs to mean the death of sith forever. Anakin's existence and actions are incapable of stopping force user from ever turning evil ever again. That would essentially mean he would end evil, and thus there would literally be no villain in the next trilogy. It just doesn't make sense.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I see continuing Jedi vs. Sith conflict as a war never ending.

11. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    You're crazy. What's the title of Episode VI? One more Jedi? They better have freaking returned, or we need to change the title of that movie.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  12. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    But the Sith are not extinct. They come back within like a decade after RotJ.

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I don't care what anybody says, the Sith have to be involved in all the movies. The Force's mysticism is what makes Star Wars, and that includes both the light side and dark. I do agree that too many Jedi should only be something that the Prequels should have focused on, since I imagine that this was when their numbers were at their highest.

Again, like I said before -- The only thing that would make sense about the Sith still existing is either the Emperor having Force Borns hidden away, or another Sith Duo revealing themselves from some unknown part of the Galaxy. I don't want to see a repeat storyline which would copy Obi-Wan's failure with Luke failing to teach one of his apprentices, especially if it's one of his nephews.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't like either of those ideas, but I respect your views. All ideas are welcome.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    What's your idea? And I don't mean that sarcastically. I'm just curious.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I have several, though I trust GL to come up with something even better. Local conflicts, bounty hunters, hutts, Death Watch, Nightsisters (Filoni has suggested that they DON'T use The Force),time of peace.

I should also remind everybody that Thrawn is not a Sith.

17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    we really don't need the jedi, for it to feel like Star Wars.

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I liked the Thrawn Trilogy. It was the best book series in my opinion. But, without C'Baoth, those books wouldn't have been as good. Now, I'm not saying C'Baoth is a Sith, but he was close enough.

19. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    More smugglers & bounty hunters! Less sith & Jedi.

20. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Again, like the PT, it's up to Lucas and Co. to determine what is in the story. They could choose to flush it all down the commode. That isn't an anti-EU statement, just fact. Presumptions about what happened after ROTJ have to be forgotten, because none of it may matter in terms of filmic storyline(s). Some characters/events may be utilized, but it seems like the original author(s) would then get a cut of the films' take. I'm not sure if that's part of the contract package. I doubt there's a clause like "You write whatever novel you want, but if Lucas uses your ideas you are s.o.l."

21. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    I agree with the first part of your post, but I really don't think people have to pay other people royalties for using the same characters.

22. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Sorry double post.

23. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I disagree.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  24. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    What do you mean?

25. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    True - who knows what labrynthian scheme & fine print is in their contracts. I guess it's all owned by Lucasfilm/Lucasfilm Books (now under Disney), so anything goes. I just don't think any of us, with any certainty, can say what is bound to happen once this hits the screen. [face_dunno]