main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion A crazy idea i have!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Alderaan Luke, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Alderaan Luke

Alderaan Luke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I was thinking about possible plots for Episode VII, and i thought....what if the new trilogy is about the Empire's perspective?

It would be awesome, because in Episode IV the rebels are weak and you can see Luke and the rebels suffer and try to revert the situation.

So, in Episode VII we could see an adolescent Sith from the Empire (choose one if there is any alive). He could even live in a rebel planet in secret. And then he works to rebuild the Empire, and fights against Ben Skywalker...

What do you think? Expand this idea if you want.

2. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This will not happen.

DarthBrian and DM99 like this.
  3. Alderaan Luke

Nov 6, 2012
    wow, so what? i don't care if it doesnt happen. I just wanted to talk and expand the idea with you guys.

Peace.

4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    I'm okay with brief stuff from the Empire. The Empire is actually pretty interesting. However, if the Empire turns out to be the good guys, Star Wars as we know it will so be undermined. So, No.

5. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    It's a cool idea - to see maybe parallel stories of a wannabe-Sith and a wannabe-Jedi (both kids) growing up and training as the story works its way towards their ultimate destiny of confrontation.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Did we kind of get this with The Force Unleased? Leia (but Rebel, not Jedi) and Galen Marek?

7. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Yeah, but once it's in a SW *film* it's kind of a different thing, isn't it? It seems like there's a ton of canon (and half-canon), but the films trump everything else. So, it'd be nice to see it expanded on...as one possible storyline/aspect.

8. Alderaan Luke

Nov 6, 2012
    I think it's a good idea because we have been always with the Rebels side. It's been 6 movies supporting the Rebels. I can see it gets a little repetitive if they do 3 more movies with the Rebels point of view. What i say is do a kind of Flags or Our Fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima, like Clint Eastwood did. We could learn that all wars are bad, that the Empire guys also suffer from war, we could see a young Sith raise in a hostile environment. We could see how they treat him bad, and we could see him find some journey friends and make a little Empire.

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It's a great idea, but in my opinion not new movies material.

What is great for it is a live action series.
    I have said many times, I'm hoping for a TV series about the actual war in Star Wars.
    A gritty, realistic, down to earth portrayal of the not so heroic side of the Galactic Civil war, told from stormtrooper (non cloned troops) point of view.

Think Band of Brothers, with stormtroopers.

Alderaan Luke likes this.
  10. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    One of the problems with the PT was the lack of comraderie that the OT had. I want a cast that we can root for. The Old Republic would be a better setting to go that route. Preferably set during the Mandalorian Wars, since there's a certain darkness on both sides of that conflict.

Alderaan Luke likes this.
  11. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    It would be an interesting endeavor, but not for VII, VIII, and IX. To radically shift the focus in such a way would nullify the continuity inherent in the series.

12. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    whats the crazy thing about this idea? its thrawn trilogy.

13. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I think you have a good point, but not for this ST trilogy. Disney will want to establish the heroics and villiany sides clearly, and then build them up big time. I can see down the line an Empire-type of perspective for something though. It would be a good market to tap into that people would be interested in.

I mean, who wouldn't like to see a 'Deadliest Catch-type' of show documenting the trials and tribulations of the different Jawas and Sandwalker campanies?

14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    It won't happen in the ST, of course, but it's a good idea which I could see being persued in one or more of the stand-alone pictures Disney has said to expect following the next three films.

I've had a similar idea for an arc of episodes for The Clone Wars and I'd think this would be something far easier to pull off (and may even be likely at some point). Hellhammer's idea for a live action series oriented with the Empire is even more exciting and of course an entire series from this point of view would offer many more possibilities than a single TCW arc.