main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    In what way did he look "ridiculous"?

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I hear it's like an Evian bottle. [face_hypnotized]

3. BizAOK

BizAOK Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Geoff Boucher @geoffboucher
    .@TheInSneider If you knew my source you would care. BUT I understand sentiment & it's one of the reasons I rarely use unnamed sources.

Good to see the Entertainment Weekly author isn't backing down. And its nice to hear that he actually knows what he's talking about - he moderated the ESB panel with Ford.

Great points, but with proper writing, there's no reason Ford can't work in a new trilogy - there is a middle ground to be had. Basically he just keeps bad-mouthing droids, only in the context of their ability to fly and fight. Imagine: a retired general who actually acts like a general (unlike RotJ), encouraging the army of the New Republic to fight its own battles rather than making the outer rim fend for itself, and inspiring younger soldiers to victory as a source of real, experienced leadership.

Wouldn't it be neat if he got involved in the goings-on of a conflict and was then a thorn in (Senator) Leia's side in the process? The he said-she said-flirting dynamic of ESB could live again, with the same high stakes as before.

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I suspect the guy is hurting for money. Rumors have been floating around that he's been acting like a loose cannon for the last ten years or so. But still, if you're going to bring in Hamill and Fisher, you've got to bring in Ford, too.

Oh, I loved the KOTCS. Ford was his old self in that. I don't know what people expected in an Indy movie at that point in his life, anyway. It was a good popcorn movie, and I'm glad they made it.

5. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    So it's rumored he has been a loose cannon for a decade and needs money. Got it. Never heard that. Where could I read that ?

6. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Am I the only one who's not really surprised by this? I mean, nobody thought that he would do Indy ever again, but he did. How much money do you think Disney's offering him, even for a small role? I bet they can offer him more than what he made on Crystal Skull or Cowboys and Aliens.

I would have been happy with a mere cameo from Harrison and Carrie. I want to see them in their post-FotJ roles. Good and loving parents to Jaina, excellent "grandparents", and friends to Luke, aunt and uncle to Ben. This would completely satisfy me.

7. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Han dying to save or protect his family and friends would be his ultimate end. Specially if he takes Chewie with him in the Falcon 'Thelma and Louise' style plowing through a pursuing menace ship

8. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    You just said what I wanted to say, but I didn't know how to word it!!!

Han dying in the Falcon is perfect.... Chewie should die with him too, BFFs till the very end!!

Anyway,

Did the rebel space pilot intentionally fly into the Imperials? Did He Live? Why Did He Do That?

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Lol. I never said he's broke. I said I "suspect". As far as the loose cannon label -- he's been running around with twenty something year-old girls and partying like he's still in college and what not. And God only knows what other vices he was doing. He got an ear piercing at the tender age of sixty, probably because he took some lame ass girl's advice.

10. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Young chicks make ya feel young. Gotta keep that pimp hand strong, ya know?

But yea, Chewie's gotta roll with Han to the end. Specially knowing that Lando, being the Godfather to Han and Leia's kids, will take them to safety. Again, pimps roll with pimps.[face_clown]

11. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Calista Flockhart is not 20.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Okay. I was wrong about the last two years, but still.

13. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    All you need to do is google Harrison Ford to see what he's up to. He's been shooting a movie in Philadelphia. He will play Branch Rickey in the new Jackie Robinson movie due out in the spring. He's married to Callista Flockhart, and their adopted son is like 11 or 12. He's not hurting for money or movie roles.

And I have to add, at the risk of not making many friends here, that all this stuff is extremely ageist. Is there no role for older people in the GFFA as well as here in the present day on Earth?

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Nah, I'm no ageist, but I don't want these films to turn into Star Trek movies for the sake of paying renowned but over the hill actors in their golden years, especially one who never really liked his character, anyway.

Wow. I never knew Ford didn't care for his Han Solo role. This comes as a surprise to me.

15. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Fanboys are a helluva drug (annoyance). As you get older you prob get lax and accept your roots and what got you where u are.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Was that a shot at me?

17. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
  18. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Chewie dies. Han is still alive.

19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Why not both of them die? It's more dramatic that way.

20. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Course not. Just pointing out that it must be annoying being stopped at every restaurant you go out to by someone shouting "HAN SOLO!" or "INDIANA JONES!". You'd end up hating it, hence the need/want/desire for the actor wanting the character dead. it's a release. Sorta like how Bill Murray wanted Peter Venkman dead or he wouldnt take part in the next GB movie (hes not)

Or that guy "Boner" from Growing Pains (R.I.P.).

21. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Chewie was crushed to death by a moon. Han survived. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chewbacca#Mission_to_Sernpidal_and_aftermath

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I stand corrected.

23. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004

Imagineers make things, not borrow EU old stuff

24. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I agree with you.

25. Frobozz0249

Frobozz0249 Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2012
    Harrison Ford looks great for 70. Look around and compare him to others you see. I have zero concerns over Ford, Hamill, or Fisher being in these new films based on their current appearance. It's been 30 years people, what do you expect?

JainaSoloYJK likes this.