main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.6 - The Gathering - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 31, 2012.

1. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    This episode was solid. I only hope the subsequent three episodes are decent as well. The last time I watched an arc written by Christian Taylor (Mortis), the first episode started out strong and the following two disappointed by comparison.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    From what we know about this arc, I'd think this was the weakest episode. Only time will tell though..

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

DM99 likes this.
  4. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    By the way, just out of pure curiosity, at the beginning when Ahsoka says "Now is the time of the gathering...", am I the only one here that keeps expecting her to continue with "...when the stroke of a sword and the fall of a head will release the power of the quickening. In the end, there can be only one."

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We'll see. I l thought this episode was decent. I have to be honest bro I don't think I could get behind a reboot that looks like Young Jedi. I'm a little worried about that.

[​IMG]

This image scares me.

DM99 likes this.
  6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Hopefully this is just a one-off. I'd appreciate seeing these characters again at some point, but not at the expense of Rex, Fives, Obi-Wan, Maul and the rest of the adult cast. When are they going to produce an iconic official promo shot of the Umbara clones, or did I miss this somehow?

They do serve a valuable purpose of showing Ahsoka in a relative elder's position of authority. At the start of S1, I could have easily imagined Ahsoka being one of the younglings. Now she's the serene Jedi Padawan, almost like a postgraduate student guiding some freshmen in their academic discipline. Very appropriate considering the talk of the SW Sequel Trilogy involving the OT's main cast "passing on the torch" to the next generation. It's one of SW's major themes.

Combined with her portrayal in the episode and her pose in the above promo shot, I thought of another Avatar: The Last Airbender connection for Katooni. She reminds me of Katara, one of that show's main characters. She has dark skin, blue eyes, an affinity for the colour blue and even robes that look similar. Her stance makes it seem like her fighting style is "fluid".

A shout out from Filoni to his former colleagues?

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm fine with seeing these characters again. I'd rather expect to see them at this point, it seems like some kinda importance is being place on them. I can only imagine. You can't just introduce these 6 kids when it seems they'd be doomed before long anyways.

More promo pics and art books (so to speak) would be cool. I think my main problem with that image is its very Sentai-like. Two girls, Four boys, and a mentor figure (Ahsoka).

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would not be happy with a Young Jedi spin-off. I'm gradually getting burned out on TCW as is. There are so many eras that could be explored with entirely new stuff rather than coming back again to the miscellaneous adventures of younglings taking place in the same staged war.

There is still potential for good stories in TCW and most of this season sounds interesting to me, though I hope for Season 6 they step up into bigger scope stories that lead together better and tackle some of the big questions leading into ROTS before concluding at the end of Season 6 or Season 7. Not keen on the idea that it would go on for long beyond that before getting something knew. I like Filoni, I like the TCW staff, and I would be perfectly happy with them staying on board but transitioning to tell new stories in the Star Wars universe during a different time period than the Clone Wars, whether that be re-branding TCW and going into the inter-trilogy era, or going far back or far forward, etc.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    What is the fascination with Gungi? I kind of liked them all, though Petra was a bit of a selfish one at first.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Cause Gungi is awesome

cwustudent likes this.
  11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Gungi: youngling (cute factor), Jedi (cool powers) and Wookiee (the GFFA's man's-best-friend). Triple threat.

Seerow likes this.
  12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Yeah, and - ? They were all younglings, they were all Jedi (younglings) - but one had fur. Woopiee! (Bad spelling attempt at bad pun.)

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I kept trying to post another pic of Gungi for you over the weekend, but...apparently I don't have proper clearance? Its from the OS.
    http://starwars.com/img/explore/the-clone-wars/ep506_synopsis.jpg

Darth Vader likes this.
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ah thank you

15. Dreamer_Sith

Dreamer_Sith Jedi Knight

Dec 9, 2010
    I'm probably off here, but I'd harbor a guess it is because Lucas specifically said "No Wookiee Jedi" not so long ago, and then suddenly, here's a youngling and he's a Wookiee. So either Filoni has a lot of pull these days, or before Lucas sold he just didn't give a damn anymore.

16. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    he is a walking carpet. :p

17. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I think the reason GL banned Wookiee Jedi in the first place was that it would be overkill. A Wookiee youngling, on the other hand, wouldn't be (yet).

Besides, chances are that Gungi and the rest of the younglings will probably be killed by Anakin/Vader by the time ROTS rolls around. [face_skull]

Sweet dreams. :p

DM99 likes this.
  18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    GL banned Wookiee Jedi after finding out about Lowbacca's role in DNT. He thought they did not have the intellect required to be a a Jedi, or the temperament.

However, upon realising the marketability of an iconic Species from the OT Lucas went back on that. The man has no artistic integrity, and it was all about athestics. That's my view, anyway.

Zeta1127 and Esg like this.
  19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Do we know if Lucas even approved the Wookiee youngling? Now that he's selling LFL to Disney, why would he care about marketability?

DM99 likes this.
  20. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He obviously approved of it when he's in charge of the show

We keep watching becuse we hope it doesn't ruin anything else we enjoy

DM99 likes this.
  21. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    keep watching.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The OS video commentar shows Lucas in a storyboarding meeting and Dave talks about chatting with Lucas about Lightsabers. This ep was made a while ago and I think it is safe to say we'll continue to see eps with Lucas's input well into season 6. Now how much input he gives to every detail is harder to tell. I am reasonably sure Gungi was only created for the cute factor. With the mini size, shaggy fur, dinky little canine teeth, big brown eyes, and nose; he looks kinda like a terrier puppy. Hard to resist that.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  23. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    The best diversity of jedi the show has had this season.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Fixed.:p

25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012