main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2013 RMFF ELECTIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Lego-Stormtrooper-1, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    George Lucas sold his soul to Disney, the Mayan snooze button has a month left to go, and oh yeah WE NEED SOME NEW BLOOD IN THE RMFF LEADERSHIP POSITIONS! (except the Siths....this boat just don't float without you guys. You're stuck. No really.)[face_dunno]

That being said, it's time to sacrifice, er, nominate this year's candidates for the five glorious positions! Before casting your nominations however, I would like to kick off this year's campaign season with our own slander video! Enjoy! [face_devil]

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Not it!

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    My name's Jonathan and I approve this message.

Wow, Lego. I could have sent you a picture of my butt, if you asked. I would have felt a bit weird if you did, but, for this cause, I totally would have done it.

I think there have been people in the RMFF for "the bitches" way more than me! The Starfest stories I've heard...

And just for you:
    [​IMG]

And I nominate Sarnia for WOTR representative, Grimby for web mistress, and zeraduel for treasurer (assuming he pops up around here at some point!)

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 likes this.
  4. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I nominate JT for another year as our scribe (secretarian). Even though he does eat babies.

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Here's the official council positions, who is currently filling them and descriptions:

Chapter Representative (CR) - Lego-Stormtrooper/Dave
    Co-Chapter Representative (Co-CR)/Member-At-Large (MAL) - Sith Chick/Kim
    Secretarian (Secretary/Historian) - DiwWompRatDie/Jonathan
    Treasurer - Darth Hair/Jeff
    Member-at-large - currently vacant
    Webmaster - Grimby the Hutt/Ben
    Wings Over the Rockies liaison - Sarnia/Becca

Here are the descriptions with the job duties in relative order of importance

Chapter Representative (CR)
    This position was created by TFN to ensure that each city forum abides by the site's rules and regulations. An online and in-person position.

-Chair meetings and will work in conjunction with the other administrative positions to promote a productive and fun environment.
    -Schedule meetings and events and encourage participation by all members
    -Coordinates special events
    -Serve as spokesperson for the RMFF
    -Single point of contact for all Fan Force Forum issues.
    -Welcomes new members and provides all support for Fan Force Forum issues unless it requires escalation to the RSA.
    -The CR must ensure that all online forum communication follows the guidelines of TFN.
    -Handles communications and activities between RMFF and TFN.
    -Posts all notifications on the Fan Force Forum.
    -Group liaison to TFN.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Chapter Representativ (Co-CR)/Member-At-Large (MAL)
    -Step in if the CR is unable to attend a meeting.
    -Work with CR during special events, meetings, etc.
    -Coordinate with other sci-fi groups in the region for activities, i.e. St. Patrick's Day parade, Starfest, Hauntings at the Hangar
    -Promote harmony among the groups and address any issues between the groups.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secretary/Historian (Secretarian)

-Records the minutes of each meeting, as well as the posting of all meeting minutes and any threads about sanctioned group activities on RMFF.net and the Facebook Page
    -Handles preparation for Official Meetings (Gathering topics from the members, securing meeting location)
    -Coordinates taking a group photo and posts with notes on RMFF.net and Facebook page.
    -Posts on Facebook about upcoming events and invites RMFF members.
    -Assists CR on an as needed basis

Treasurer

-Maintains books of Club treasury, income, and expenditures.
    -Coordinates the monthly non-raffle and encourages people to bring items for said non-raffle
    -Responsible for safe-keeping of funds
    -Posts monthly financial report in the Treasury thread and at the meeting
    -Take donations for the cost of the website, t-shirts, and other activities.

Webmaster

-Single point of contact for website issues
    -Updates website as needed
    -Ensues that the domain name registration is kept current

Wings Over the Rockies museum liaison

-Updates the RMFF at monthly meetings about upcoming events, activities and other issues at the museum.
    -Updates the RMFF about the status and needs of the X-Wing hosted by the museum
    -Other duties as assigned!

Shall we have nominations from now through the end of the month? That gives us 24 days to nominate...plenty of time to say "Not it!" :p

Then we can vote from December 1st through (and including for those who hadn't voted until that date) the meeting on December 15th, with the new officers announced at the meeting. Sound like a plan? Let the attack ads on attack ads start!

6. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
  7. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I accept the nomination for WOTR Liason

nnaydolem likes this.
  8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I nominate Darth Hair for MAL, cos everyone loves him.

I nominate Sith Chick for Treasurer cos she be good with the numbers.

I want to nominate Zoo for something just so she can scream "NOT [TOS violation] IT!"

Oh, and not it.

9. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
  10. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I nominate Sith Chick for CR, Zoo for Co CR, DH for MAL, Melody sorry don't know how to spell your screen name for Treasurer, JT for Secretary because he looks good in a skirt and Becca for WOTR Liasan.

11. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I have 2, possibly 3 events in the first 6 months of 2013 which I am responsible for, and then another 1-2 in the Fall. Also, I'm pulling the trigger and going back to school.

My time is already booked, so all I have to say is....

NOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Ergo, we need to book her some time in the loony bin right around a year from now.

I second Grimby for Webspinner.

I'm trying to think of people without babies or massive health issues for CR and CoCR -- although didn't we blend CoCR and MAL?

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Good question! If only we had some record of that...which I don't think I do. I suppose we can.

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    DieWompRatDie likes this.
  15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Nominations:

CR - Sith__Chick
    Co-CR/MAL - Darth Hair
    Treasurer - nnaydolem, zeraduel, Sith__Chick
    Secretarian - DieWompRatDie
    Webmaster - Grimby
    WOTR Liaison - Sarnia

As much as it must be tradition for people to yell "Not it," please wait until somebody nominates you for something and then you may decline, if you wish.

16. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    My nominations are as follows:

CR-nnaydolem
    CoCR - sithchick
    Treasurer- Nerf
    Secretarin- fan forced

17. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I thought WOTR Liason was an appointed position, not a voted one? Did that change? I am still happy to do it=)

catz44 likes this.
  18. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Uhmm, I say no to CR and a possible no to Co-CR. My time doing other things (sewing) just doesn't make me available for computer time, my work is getting busier and busier by the hour.

19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    As far as I understand it, your're permanently appointed for WOTR Liason unless you say "not it."

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    This is why I think you would be a great Treasurer. :D

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 likes this.
  21. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    The machine demands new blood. [face_skull] I nominate Dan & Michael (hamburger helper Michael, not Michael Michael) for CR & Co-CR)

22. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009
    Not it! I think you're stuck with it for another 5 year term. I did enjoy the smear campaign video and await a good retort from J.T. Although now I know why he went through so many foster kids.

QueenHighMistress and catz44 like this.
  23. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    So who do we have that hasn't declined?

24. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I nominate DWRD for CR

25. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Thanks so much for the nomination. I don't really like note taking. So I'd be a grumpy secretarian. I decline.

catz44 likes this.