main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Fisher, hamill, ford should not be in films.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Guybrush, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    I grew up with the original trilogy, love the first three and love the chemistry between the three main actors. You cared about Star Wars because you cared about Luke, Han and Leia.
    Fisher is in her late 50's, hamill is in his 60's and ford in his 70's.
    Harrison Ford as much as a love his work isn't what he used to be and the other two haven't acted in years and are both out of shape.

I think all three would be best suited to do the voice work on a new animated series based on the thrawn series by zahn.

They need to recast these iconic characters for the new series. They are just too old to be realistic, unless they all die in the first act to set up a new generation.

Redundant thread.

2. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012

People need to stop using age as a excuse , he looks fine.

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  3. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    How are they too old to realistically play characters the same age as they are in reality?
    They're the perfect age to play those characters 30 years down the road.

4. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    They are obviously going to be old, of an age appropriate for the actors. They will most likely be supporting cast, with the main characters being new and young. What's so wrong with that?

5. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    If the films are set 40+ years after ROTJ then I see no reason to recast the roles. I think it would be strange if they are the main protagonists at their age though. I see them in supporting roles rather than taking main stage.

6. Guybrush

Oct 18, 2001
  7. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I think the series needs Hamill. The rest I could do without.

8. Guybrush

Oct 18, 2001
    I can buy into them as supporting roles maybe being killed off in the first act... You will know if hamill has been casts if he starts getting in shape. Better hurry, shooting starts next year.

9. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    They made Yoda an action here, they can do it with Mark. Alec Guinness did a little fencing and was immortalized as a great screen hero. It's just about writing it well and staging it believably.

10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Alright, I am honestly getting tired of people using someone's age as a negative thing.
    In all aspects, from music, acting, arts and who knows what else.

That is a form of ignorant discrimination, no different than discrimination based on race, sex, religion or shoe size or whatever the hell else. It is simply a bad excuse, it is not even an argument.

They are in their 70s, let's just kick them out. Why? If you mentioned anything even resembling an argument, it might be open for discussion.
    Just saying that they should not be in the new movies just because they are old is simply absurd.

Not to mention the fact that the story probably takes place at the time where the precious "forever young" Luke, Leia and Han are not oh so forever young anymore.

11. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

Last year before the weight gain.

[​IMG]

2011 . the guy just needs to loose some weight. As for the force, it's the force not the Olympic games. You base your arguments in reality but this is a science fiction move where a 900 year old man is doing flips in the air fighting a sith master.

[​IMG]

2011 ^ . I mean come on, what's the big deal? So what, he's old ? It's time he hands the franchise off to some one younger I agree. But he can handle his role one last time . If the force was ever meant to be something beyond the physical mind and physical bodily limitations then I think making a point of that with Luke Skywalker wouldn't be such a horrible thing. If fans can't acknowledge the power of the force then what's the point of Yoda's small ancient green character or a man that is more machine than man kicking ass through the force? I think they make it clear in the saga the power of the force.

If you can't suspend your imagination then that's not an obstacle in the story , it's a problem with you. Luke Skywalker is a Jedi, not a boxer, not a martial artist , not a secret agent.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Why would they need to recast? The new film isn't taking place a few years after ROTJ. Why would anyone want Luke, Leia and Han to be racast?

13. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I think people are wrongly assuming that it has been announced these movies start up right where Return of the Jedi left off. It is pretty simple. People don't want these characters in here because they want good looking people in the films rather than old people. Few people like this realize good looking are in no way required for a movie to be good. How in the world can these actors not look believable if the characters are written with their age?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.