main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What do your eyes want to see?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    You haven't, though. You've just made broad generalisations.

And I've gone off topic only so as not to be rude and just ignore your posts.

I did earlier suggest you could start a one of those conversations that myself and the other chap (and any else) could have without the thread getting hijacked (not saying you did but it could happen).

Can we do that so the thread can carry on?

2. Buried In Time

Buried In Time Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    -I'd like to see Han Solo shoot first. Perhaps he gets into a situation with a cocky Sith that says, "You're no match for me old man." and then proceeds to try to intimidate him with flashy lightsaber moves. Han quickdraws his blaster from his holster and blows him away.
    -I'd like to see them, if they must jettison much of the EU, at least keep Mara Jade. Luke needs to have a intimate emotional attachment to show the stark contrast in philosophies between the previous and current Jedi Order. The point being that emotional connections make you stronger, not weaker.
    -I'd like to see Leia favor advanced Force powers to lightsaber dueling.
    -I'd like to see a zero-g lightsaber duel with the participants wearing space suits. The image of two combatants floating through space (Force propelled) and dueling against a backdrop of stars would be awesome.
    -I'd like to see a lightsaber duel that begins at the highest heights of Coruscant and ends at the lowest depths. To have the characters duel while free falling and crashing through buildings and traffic would be fun.

3. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Some of the scenes in Star Wars Force Unleashed were some awesome. Like having the power to grab a TIE Fighter or pull a whole starship down out of the sky would be amazing to see on screen.
    I'd like to also think that Chewie was welcomed back as a hero, and we get to see the more relaxed and civilized times of the Wookies.

Jedi Ewoks also, with wooden hilted sabers.[face_clown](i kid, of course. I know Disney loves kids things, but they must realize the Ewoks stink and should keep them out of the ST)

4. Buried In Time

Buried In Time Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    -I'd like to see that, in the New Republic, droids are now welcome in bars. I want to see R2-D2 and C-3PO go into a bar and get a round of oil.
    -I'd like to see the new Jedi Temple on a planet teeming with life (perhaps Dagobah or Endor), not on Coruscant. If life creates and amplifies the Force, being closer to nature would be ideal. Taking the trainees out of the hustle and bustle of city life will help them to quiet their minds and focus on their training. Also, I think the Jedi should not get as entangled in governmental affairs as they did during the prequels, so staying out of the capital would help with that.

5. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Give us the big screen hyperspace jump shot again.
    Now see...I need to stop with these threads. Something like that seemed sure to show up in the Prequels and it didn't, but it did on The Clone Wars (and I really liked seeing it in the "Jedi Crash" episode when they jumped from within the atmosphere.)

6. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Spectacular space battles :D

7. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    My eyes want to see lines around the block, people dressed up, and smiling "oh-my-god" faces coming out of the theater.

8. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I want to see Wedge kicking *** again. I also want to see Wes Janson, who's my new favorite character in the books, even if his screen time was less than 5 minutes.

9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I want to see the design aesthetics of both trilogies combined in the scale of the PT (CG and all).

Oh and Whills.

10. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Honestly a movie version of Mara Jade and a Old Luke Skywalker , and I want it to look more like the sets in the original star wars.

11. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    My eyes won't see what they want to see: obsessively hyper-developed images from the imagination of George Lucas. Apart from Clone Wars, that's not going to be a part of SW any longer.

But they can still make a beautiful looking film. I hope the director doesn't do ESB again - underlit sets, nonstop smoke machines, silhouettes etc. - I hope they get an illustrative director like Lucas and Marquand. They don't have to go as far as Lucas but it can still look like pulp magazine covers, children's book illustrations, classical paintings and comic book panels come to life.

12. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Bah, I like the practical and real sets of the first film. HAHA , the sets from the later films don't even look like Star Wars.

13. Star Burner

Star Burner Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm confused...was the topis What would I like my eyes to see?..or what would everyone be ok with?

14. UseTheForceLady

UseTheForceLady Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    My eyes want to see a.....................STAR WARS MOVIE!! ;)

15. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
  16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    If Luke Skywalker is indeed to appear, I hope to see the return of his same green lightsaber from Episode VI, with the hilt all beat to hell after decades of use in war.

Now this may be nitpicking, but what I hope I don't see is the right hand which is holding the saber be covered in a black glove. I can't tell you how many EU depictions of Luke have shown him still wearing a glove he used to cover a wound (a wound which would have been repaired the very next day following Endor), literally years after the fact. It's kind of ridiculous. After all, it's Luke Skywalker, not Michael Jackson!

JediKnightOB1 and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  17. Teasser38

Teasser38 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd really like to see some, well, dirt. And some wind blown hair that isn't perfect. Also, some human sized locations.

18. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Yes...and yellow and orange lightsabers.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  19. Mehmeh

Mehmeh Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Dream world. I want to see the insurance companies handed a false script. Let the actors and director determine how "real" a scene should be.

20. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    A YT-2400.

Corellia, Dathomir, Kessel, Lok, the dangerous lower levels of Coruscant.

A Jedi/Dark Jedi whose main fighting style is with two sabers.

A krayt dragon!

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  21. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Zero the Hutt. He captures Leia. Carry Fisher in Slave outfit.

22. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I would be thrilled to see Hapes, Corellia, Mandalore, and Bothans.

23. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Give it a rest, that was so 30 years ago. ;)

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I'd like it if there was a variety in the lightsabres of the main Jedi - the "Jaina" character using one with a blasters, "Jacen" or "Ben" using two blades and another using the double bladed one.

I also like the idea of lightwhips from another thread.

But I'd like it if vibro-axes and -blades got some screen time too and cortosis weapons and armour.

25. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I, for one, do not want the tone of Star Wars changed.

So are an enemy army like the Vong or the LOTR Uruk-Hai to dark for Star Wars?

The Chitauri in Avengers Assemble seemed to be something similar, so could such a race be the threat without pushing the age rating up?