main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Zaarin's biggest mistake

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Andrelious, Sep 27, 2012.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I've always felt it would be more interesting if the Empire spent much of the time leading into ANH crushing little Seppie holdouts here and there.

It would justify the continual military buildup, certainly.

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    You just want to see TIE Fighter vs Vulture Droids.

No wait, that's me.

Battlehymn_Republic likes this.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I hear rednecks in the Outer Rim still sport the Confederate flag. That's something.

"Dem took er battyl droids!!"

4. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    It would be interesting to see Separatist holdouts both allying with the Rebels and bitterly fighting against them. Internecine revolutionary warfare is always fun.

5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Actually, I've always wanted to see a return of the Seppies post-Endor - with the collapse of the Empire, I'd imagine a number of former members of the CIS wouldn't be interested in getting back on board with the Republic either....

6. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think the idea of the Seppies being a permanent faction sort of ignores how actual factions defeated in war often disappear.

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    There are always going to be Lost Cause adherents - witness the American Civil War. My point is that in the case of the Separatists, they have no love for the OR - the Clone Wars, which was one of the worst conflicts in recent history, was only a generation prior. I'm sure the wounds were still fresh on a number of worlds.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well. It's not that they hold allegiance to the CIS per se, but just the stupid notion of independence from the galactic government. They might make common cause with the Rebels prior to the capture of Coruscant, but when the Rebels start becoming The Man, they probably wouldn't be too keen on them either.

Battlehymn_Republic likes this.
  9. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm still trying to pretend that ridiculous faction from Legacy of the Force disappeared.

10. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    The Galaxy is big enough to support all sorts of lost causes. The original CIS was an ideal of a different Galaxy (I think I will make a thread on it soon, though if you search there's other threads about them already), and that idea will be slower to die than simply Corellian secessionism.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And there were only a handful of worlds that were members of the CIS and Confederation anyway. Jabiim, Atzerri maybe, and that's all?

Different issues, different factions.