main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Jeremy Bulloch on returning as Boba

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 6, 2012.

1. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I think another point needs to be made. If these films take place 44 years after Jedi, then Boba Fett would be like 80 years old. Alive or no, he ain't gonna be particularly active.

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  2. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    Boba of course needs to be Temuera if he comes back. He can be made to look older with some simple makeup, if we see him out of the helmet at all, which I hope we would.

You know, people have been talking about clues about the ST in the PT, well what about the scene with Boba cradling his father's helmet after the battle? He could have a serious vendetta against the Jedi for what happened to Jango, now that there are actually Jedi around once again. We saw him intervene and try to take down Luke in RotJ, why would he do that? He's a bounty hunter, not Jabba's bodyguard. Why risk himself against a freaking Jedi (and he knew more than anyone else there what they are capable of) for that old slug?

I'm not suggesting that Boba be the main villain, but it could be a very interesting subplot where he is employed by the villain against the Jedi, but his motivation goes far beyond mere credits... he could even end up being the death of Han, which would be fitting!

3. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I would love to see a separate Boba Fett movie, but he is not needed in this trilogy. Some people seem to want to throw in as many old characters as possible for nostalgia sake. That does not make for a good film.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I take your point, but in the novels, at least, advanced medical technologies (bacta, cybernetics, etc.) have advanced an average life-expectancy to somewhere along the lines of 140 years, if I remember correctly. In the GFFA, 80 is the new 40! :D

Of course, the IRL answer is that the EU wanted to keep pumping out adventures for an aging Big 3, but given the above, I'm willing to suspend disbelief.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    If an EU book says one thing and then TCW or one of the movies says otherwise, said book is no longer canon. Does it then become Infinities?

I personally consider all EU books and games (apart from TFU) to be Infinities unless endorsed either through TV or the movies. But that's just me.
    If something can be so easily waved away and contradicted, it is not canon. Canonicity should be supported and obeyed.

6. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Boba Fett is dead. Let it go nerds

7. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Boba's return in the EU was always very plausible, but give Daniel Logan the helmet. He is Boba. If he's not old enough, some other Maori actor, but not Tem, as great as he is. Temuera is Jango and can play some of the clones but his own son is unique.

Bulloch would be nice to include like they did in Sith, any bit part as a cameo for the fans. But he hasn't been Boba Fett for a long time now, that torch has passed.

8. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Im all for a Boba return - but I really disliked Temuera's voice dubbed over the original vocal in ESB. The original Fett voice sounded sinister and mysterious. I realize that we now know who Fett is and where he came from but that old voice was so cool. Thus, bring back Fett AND his old voice!:cool:

9. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree, the original voice was nastier, cooler sounding.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  10. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    It was just another pointless edit that bastardized the OT even more....

I'd actually think it'd be cool if you had a super old Jeremy Bulloch come in as Boba Fett. A homage to the OT rather than the PT. He doesn't have to be an action hero or a major part of the plot. He could maybe be the father of a bounty hunter or a "old hermit" like Ben who gives someone a sound thrashing if they talk back. In the EU he trained one of the Jedi into taking down a Sith Lord. Having him play a role a like that would be quite interesting.

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I'm soo going to blame Artoo if that happens.:p

12. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I don't think Boba will return. Personally I never understood why people thought he was so great. He's barely in the films and he goes out like a punk!

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  13. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    "I killed Boba Fett. He is dead.” ~ George Lucas

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  15. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    "There is no episode 7, 8, 9" - George Lucas

16. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Do I think Boba will come back - 100% yes.

In this trillogy? not really.

Boba is one of those characters I think Disney and even GL was refering to - '..episodes 7, 8, 9..and a whole bunch of other stuff ' - when they mentioned a Marvel film universe style. GL has already stated that he thought about adding a shot of Boba in the ROTJ SE - but showing it then or in the new episode brings nothing to the plot, just fan service.

However, a spin off Boba fett movie could start with him getting out of the sarlac (slowly digested over 1000 years) and once he's out he can popup in a future episode without any explanation.

17. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    The best chance of seeing Boba in action again was/is the live action TV series or a future spinoff movie.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "No more Wookiee Jedi" - George Lucas

19. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    If Boba ever did return, he would probably be portrayed by a new actor with Temeura's face CG'd on.

Bulloch is too old. He'd maybe cameo as something else like he did in ROTS.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    How the hell do you kill a Star Wars character, if neither bisection or digestion in a sarlacc pit work?

21. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Wait a second folks. Let's paint a more vivid picture regarding the return of Boba Fett.
    You are all aware that even if he does come back, he will be killed again.
    What kind of twisted idea is that?
    He comes back shoots a few people and is cut down probably by Luke.
    The whole idea bothers me, let him remain where he is, in the belly of the sarlac.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  22. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    No need for him in the ST. Mandalorians, sure. Boba Fett spin-off movie set between ANH and ESB, yes please.