main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    princess Leia so she can explain why she remembers padme, even though she was about 15 seconds old when
    her mother died.

2. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I'd like to see the Witchs of Dathomir used as the new villians.

They're storylines in the CLone Wars have all been really good, they are an interesting group to use and mine for story ideas. Plus with the Nightbrothers we could have Darth Maul-like villians in there as well.

3. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    "But what about the dedicated fans who have not read those novels" You could still enjoy the story. Maybe more so than fans who have read the trilogy because of the element of originality and surprise for you. I'm not necessarily for the Zahn trilogy to be the basis for these films, but I don't think incorporating EU elements would in any way take away from these films.

4. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Depends on what elements.

If they use the Dathomir witchs as the villians (but original characters), or some planets or back ground characters, sure its no big deal.

But if they tried to make episode VII the "continuing story of Jaina Solo", that would be a huge mistake and I don't think they are going to do that.

5. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Old characters:

Luke
    Leia
    Han
    Chewie
    C3P0
    R2D2
    Yoda (force ghost)
    Boba Fett
    Old school Stormtroopers (and NO CGI troopers! Actual people in costume please)

New characters:
    Han and Leia's kids - a boy and a girl in their late teens/early twenties
    Another young girl (same age as H&L's kids) - to serve as a love interest for H&L's son.
    A dark jedi (former pupil of Luke's) - the main villain. One who has been planning on returning the old Empire to its former glory.
    Luke's wife (Mara Jade? - maybe not but someone like her) - she can serve as another Jedi. But she also uses a blaster. She can be younger than Luke - say in her 40s. We can speculate that Luke has gone through a few wives since Episode VI (LOL!).
    New bounty hunters

6. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Wedge and Wes Janson would be awesome in the movies!

7. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    NONE of the OT. None of them. Please. It just wouldn't work.

All new characters. Either that or start with Jaina, Ben, etc after Luke, Han, and Leia are dead.

I want to see Sith, and not just two. Jedi VS Sith Battle ala Lord of the Rings scale. Dear god....that would be cinematic glory.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    More than any other character, I'm super-excited to see Mark Hamill reprise the role of Luke Skywalker (I've only been waiting for this since I was seven years old, watching ROTJ in the theatre). Given my druthers, I'd go so far as to put Luke in all three of the sequel films, ultimately surviving the trilogy with his fate left open.

I'm certainly open to Han Solo and Leia Organa. The same goes for Lando, Chewbacca and Wedge as Rogue Leader, as well.

The droids are a must, of course.

I'd dig an Ewan McGregor appearance in a cameo as the spirit of Obi-Wan (and wouldn't balk at Hayden taking on a similar role).

Personally, I'd love to see Boba Fett appear alive and well (and stay that way), not only because I enjoy the character and could imagine a fine part being written for him, but also to put to rest the lingering question of Boba's survival in canon once and for all. Along these lines, I would enjoy the appearance of a Mandalorian army.

Just as important as Luke, I hope (and fully expect) to see a new generation of heroes and villains for us to fall in love with and wouldn't balk at these including existing EU creations like Ben Skywalker, Jacen and Jaina Solo, etc. I know this seems like a long list favoring only the original characters, but believe me, I'm really looking forward to embracing a new set of characters. I just don't see any reason why these films cannot support both by paying homage to and doing right by, the old, while turning the story over to the new.

Gee, can you tell that I'm excited. I'm even looking forward to the action figures from Hasbro (with the producers giving each of these characters multiple costume / accessory changes to ensure more figures, I'm sure). :D

9. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Admiral Ackbar

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  10. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    Maybe the dead tauntaun from ESB can come back as a Force Ghost?

Darth Myon likes this.
  11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Sy Snootles!

12. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Nein Nunb and Ice Cream Maker Guy!!!

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Actually seeing the Max Rebo band again would be cool, maybe a CGI version?

14. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Old Characters: Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, Wedge, R2D2 and Boba Fett. I personally can live with Chewie still being dead and without C3P0.

New Skywalker and/or Solo Kids. Boba Fett Kid. Lando Kid. Some new jedi characters but not all white males like the EU lets get some diversity like in the PT.

15. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I'd love to see Jaina and Ben and maybe even Allana, but not if she's little.

16. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Mara Jade

17. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    To those proposing bounty hunters. I agree. They wouldn't even have to be actual bounty hunters but some of that "scum and villainy" type from the underworld. Boba Fett is my all time favorite character from Star Wars, but I hope he does not return. Leave him to the EU, but not resurrected for films.

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Well if Boba Fett doesn't return as the main bounty hunter, which I hope he does, it should be either IG-88 or Bossk.

19. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    The one-armed Wampa.

20. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Definitely Jaina Solo for FelsGoddess. Other than that, I wouldn't miss anyone too drastically. I'm sure R2 will be in it.

21. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    This. Always this.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    We need Chewie to come back for the Sequel Trilogy, i don't care if he died by having a planet fall on his head ( which in my opinion is one of the most stupidest way to die ever ), there is no Star Wars without Chewie ( except for I and II ), Chewie rules :) Make it happen Disney

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    I just hope he won't be shoehorned like in RotS just to make the fans happy and actually give him something important to do.

Jedi Daniel and thesevegetables like this.
  24. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    He died when a moon fell on his head...

25. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    If he serves a purpose. If it doesn't feel forced, overly gimmicky and an excuse to sell more action figures. His cameo in ROTS was pretty useless. I'm hoping he's back to form in Episode 7--providing some comic relief.

thesevegetables likes this.