main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Tyranny != effective.

Xandel Carivus was a tyrant. Xandel Carivus also couldn't intimidate an infant.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I am kind of irritated they didn't make the villain Ars Dangor.

3. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I bet he intimidated all those chickens he killed and ate.

I watched The Gathering last night. Is it just me, or is each successive episode even more of a snoozefest? Why did it take twenty-two boring minutes for a bunch of snot-nosed kids to run around a cave? Are we supposed to care about them now that we've seen them all learn a lesson? Because I'd be much happier if their starship exploded in the opening minutes of the next episode. That would be awesome.

Zorrixor, Esg and Super_Battle_Droid like this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You think Dangor would let a chucklehead like Anor play him? Please.

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Only if he comes with beard care products. :D

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Nom Anor's manipulations aren't exactly...wowing me.

"Hey, why don't you go to war with those people you're already at war with!"

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Nom Anor's manipulations aren't exactly...wowing me.

"Hey, why don't you go to war with those people you're already at war with!"

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Dangor was little more than a Level 99 Bureaucrat. Give him a couple of sudoku books and he's yours.

9. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    What shall Dangor want with Su of House Dooku's books anyway? JoinTheSchwarz

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh. He was that sort of count.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  11. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Hey, when the galaxy is making your job easy, no need to put a lot of effort into it.

12. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I finally caught the first episode of season five. For a series with notoriously spotty continuity (even within itself), I noticed an... odd... correlation factor. One that was probably unintentional.

Savage doesn't watch his feet.

No, seriously. I think we're supposed to get that his technique isn't the best in the world, he's just a powerhouse. However, it seems that guarding his feet is constantly screwing him.

-In Death Sentence, Judd enrages Savage by tripping the poor bastard, and goes on to mock Savage or lack of discipline.
    -The only "hit" Adi Gallia is able to land on Savage is a blow to his femur, though she's apparently not strong enough to really don anything. When Obi-Wan is fighting him, he quite literally "spams" the knee blows, hitting him there a total of six times until it actually trips him (and later looks like it even breaks his leg), and quite visibly pisses Savage off.

Gotta love it when random insignificant crap aligns like that in Star Wars. So now we know Savage's weak point: stab him in the legs.

I actually really enjoyed the first episode, too. I continue to dislike Hondo, but Obi-Wan got a much needed break from being the writers favorite punching bag. And of course, there was very little reason they had to use Adi; they obviously wanted to give Savage a council member kill.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000

You are now my enemy.

14. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm gonna love the irony if Savage goes down to Kenobi's blade just like Maul... it would seem the waist down was Maul's weakness and the only way he learned from it was to lose them and get mechanical replacements.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Your obsession with the Emperor's towncrier is most amusing!

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Your faith in your friends is yours.

(kinda feel like that should be my equivalent of "How appropriate, you fight like a cow!")

RC-1991 likes this.
  17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The impression I am getting is LFL has apparently been trained to believe the films and any other work George Lucas is directly involved in are the only thing that matters.

18. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    *looks around*

...what are you even responding to?

Grand Admiral Paxis likes this.
  19. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I am not responding to anything, I am just pointing out something that has been made abundantly clear to me by the Canon Wars quotes site _Catherine_ brought up.

20. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    It would be amusing if TCW decided to contradict the ST for kicks. Or even better, the ST fit perfectly in the EU, but randomly contradict TCW in a manner that doesn't serve the plot (much like TCW is fond of doing :p)

Oh ****, we've got a canon war going on.

21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Anything that invalidates the osik that is TCW would be a good thing in my opinion, but if Mortis is the basis for the ST then there will be hell to pay.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "Then I'll see you in hell" - Han Solo

Zorrixor, Sinrebirth and Zeta1127 like this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I coined the term for the period between PT and ST as the Canon Clone Wars, if that helps :p

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Edit: Double post.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The Who-droid even acts like a Doctor. Good grief. And they call him "the Professor." And he's even got a sonic screwdriver-like torch thing.

I think he might have named-dropped some stuff in his Who-esque monologue(s), but he was talking a mile a minute and I couldn't tell.